The Pizza Thread

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mcgruff10 said:
    Get_Right said:
    bbiggs said:
    ^ now that looks amazing! Dumb question but do any east coast pizza places cut the pies in squares? 
    Greek pizza here on the east coast is cut in squares
    What is greek pizza?
    Baked in a shallow pan. It’s like an in-between style from brick oven and deep dish.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    A nice local go-to for thin crust.  Cooked just the way I asked. Little well done. Ordered sausage and green pepper and forgot no meat for me today. Delicious though. 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Damn that looks delicious bud!  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    It was damn good but I have a feeling this may have been a bad pic to post. I might get flamed by some of our fellow pizza critics for liking “burnt” pies. Lol 
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It was damn good but I have a feeling this may have been a bad pic to post. I might get flamed by some of our fellow pizza critics for liking “burnt” pies. Lol 
    I have experienced posting "burnt" pie photos first hand but my psychologist taught me coping mechanisms to deal with it.  just say: Goose fa bra, goose fa bra and things will get better.  
    ^LMAO!
  • bb...

That pizza looks good. I'd encourage more equitable cheese distribution (note the 5 to 9 o'clock region); but overall... this is a solid pizza worthy of a submission.

* And hey... Scruffy has set the bar really low. I mean... his infamous briquette opened the door for 'Hungry Man' frozen pizzas to be introduced as legitimate contenders in the pizza thread. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    bb...

That pizza looks good. I'd encourage more equitable cheese distribution (note the 5 to 9 o'clock region); but overall... this is a solid pizza worthy of a submission.

* And hey... Scruffy has set the bar really low. I mean... his infamous briquette opened the door for 'Hungry Man' frozen pizzas to be introduced as legitimate contenders in the pizza thread. 
    This guy always with the equal distribution of ingredients, such a communist. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bb...

I'd be spinning that pizza with the 5-9 region towards you- ready for any counter tactic you might attempt.
    mcgruff10 said:
    bb...

I'd be spinning that pizza with the 5-9 region towards you- ready for any counter tactic you might attempt.
    In fairness to the pizza place I think the lack of cheese coverage in the 9-5 region was a result of me placing it on my car seat that is slightly angled upward. The cheese slid in that direction. Damn angled car seats! Nonetheless, equal cheese distribution is a must. 
  • bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bb...

In fairness to the pizza place I think the lack of cheese coverage in the 9-5 region was a result of me placing it on my car seat that is slightly angled upward. The cheese slid in that direction. Damn angled car seats! Nonetheless, equal cheese distribution is a must. 
    This happens.

I learned to place the pizza on the floor mat to prevent 'cheese slide syndrome' (ain't nobody got time for that).
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bb...

you got to get that pizza level while driving!! put one hand under the pizza and one hand on the wheel.  
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bb...

you got to get that pizza level while driving!! put one hand under the pizza and one hand on the wheel.  
    Or else both hands on the pizza and steer with your knees. You can't be messing around.
    Definitely agreed. It was a very rookie move by a veteran like myself. For punishment, I ate the 9-5 region and didn’t make my family suffer. Gotta be held accountable! 
  • bbiggs said:
    Definitely agreed. It was a very rookie move by a veteran like myself. For punishment, I ate the 9-5 region and didn’t make my family suffer. Gotta be held accountable! 
    You can spend your time alone redigesting past regrets or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself!

You screwed up and yes... it was a massive error; however, you held yourself accountable and this is something someone with honour does.
    bbiggs said:
    Way to man up on your mistake.  I think all is forgiven.
    Yeah I thought about this long and hard last night. It’s borderline inexcusable but I’ve committed to NEVER letting such a lapse of judgement happen again, and for that reason I’m moving on and going easy on myself. Next post you guys see on here will have perfect cheese distribution....guaranteed! ;) 
  • Lol

I know it’s is not pizza but the amount of Italian food that’s will Be served tomorrow is gonna be sick. You all could seriously come over with your wives and kids and there would still be leftovers. 
    ^ Damn that sounds amazing. We’ll be having lasagna but not the spread you’re describing. Enjoy! 
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Nothing even remotely Italian is common to see for Easter here in western pa. Ham and pigs in the blanket mostly (not the little hot dog kind, the cabage wrapped hamburg kind). I would prefer Italian. 
    RiotZact said:
    Nothing even remotely Italian is common to see for Easter here in western pa. Ham and pigs in the blanket mostly (not the little hot dog kind, the cabage wrapped hamburg kind). I would prefer Italian. 
    every single dessert is homemade.  i'm going to gain at least 5 pounds.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    mcgruff10 said:
    RiotZact said:
    every single dessert is homemade.  i'm going to gain at least 5 pounds.
    Yeah there is going to be some pretty killer homemade desserts at mine as well. 
  • We've got a roast on the barbecue. Gonna have a big salad and some Yorkshire puddings as well.
  • Can't lie though... the thought of the Italian food scruffy is going to destroy makes me a little envious.
    edited March 2018
    Can't lie though... the thought of the Italian food scruffy is going to destroy makes me a little envious.
    It s gonna be great bud!  What Is Yorkshire pudding? I Ve never had it. Anything on the bbq is awesome!  I think we have several racks of lamb going on the bbq tomorrow.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Can't lie though... the thought of the Italian food scruffy is going to destroy makes me a little envious.
    It s gonna be great bud!  What Is Yorkshire pudding? I Ve never had it. Anything on the bbq is awesome!  I think we have several racks of lamb going on the bbq tomorrow.

It's like a little puffy bread item. It gores good with beef and gravy (and horse radish).
    mcgruff10 said:

It's like a little puffy bread item. It gores good with beef and gravy (and horse radish).
    Daaaamn that sounds good. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Daaaamn that sounds good. 
    Lol

Yah... because I said 'gravy'!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Men...there is a Food Thread!
    (Please take some pics and share - this all sounds great!)

I took some frozen pizza (the good stuff, leftover from our favorite place which has now moved to Philly ) and reheated.  I am stuffed but it hit the spot with Coronas and shots of Don Julio Anejo while setting up the Easter baskets for the kids.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved