Comments

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Neil Young - Harvest Moon
    Neil Young - Tonight's the Night Acetate
    Neil Young - Freedom
    The Doors - Absolutely Live
    Blue Oyster Cult - Rarities Vol 1.
    Queen - We Are the Champions/We Will Rock You 12"
    Tom Petty - Pack Up the Plantation Live!
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - The Concert
    Tool - Opiate Blue Vinyl
    Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder 1st Press
    AC/DC - High Voltage 1st Press

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    edited November 2017
    New:

Euro edition.
    Post edited by reesdog on
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    New:

Deluxe edition.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    reesdog said:
    New:

Deluxe edition.
    Nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    My record store guy snagged one of these for me today.  Stoked to have it coming my way!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    Harvest Moon RSD reissue 

Wow, yes! Always liked this album, great vibe..
    It’s a great album, but the original was never one of Neil’s best sounding IMO. This reissue sounds really good. It’s split over 3 sides (the 4th is an etching of the album artwork)

Part of me thought that it may have an ORS number on the spine, like his other reissues, but it doesn’t. I guess when Neil gets around to the box set reissues of his 90s records I’ll end up with 3 copies!
    Ok so they’ve split it up, sometimes that’s a good thing. I brought a copy on vinyl when visiting Australia a couple of years back, thought it was an original, but think it’s a bootleg.. Anyway to tell?
    I don't know... is there a reason you think it's a bootleg? There are so many legit ones, I don't see why anyone would actually bother to bootleg it. You can buy the real thing for under $20 in most used record shops. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    Harvest Moon RSD reissue 

It’s a great album, but the original was never one of Neil’s best sounding IMO. This reissue sounds really good. It’s split over 3 sides (the 4th is an etching of the album artwork)

Part of me thought that it may have an ORS number on the spine, like his other reissues, but it doesn’t. I guess when Neil gets around to the box set reissues of his 90s records I’ll end up with 3 copies!
    Ok so they’ve split it up, sometimes that’s a good thing. I brought a copy on vinyl when visiting Australia a couple of years back, thought it was an original, but think it’s a bootleg.. Anyway to tell?
    I don't know... is there a reason you think it's a bootleg? There are so many legit ones, I don't see why anyone would actually bother to bootleg it. You can buy the real thing for under $20 in most used record shops. 
    Really?? Harvest Moon?? I know Harvest is easy to come by, but Harvest Moon I don't think so, original 90's vinyl is some of the hardest to find as thats when vinyl was very unpopular..
    bflynn1 said:
    Neil Young - Harvest Moon
    Neil Young - Tonight's the Night Acetate
    Neil Young - Freedom
    The Doors - Absolutely Live
    Blue Oyster Cult - Rarities Vol 1.
    Queen - We Are the Champions/We Will Rock You 12"
    Tom Petty - Pack Up the Plantation Live!
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - The Concert
    Tool - Opiate Blue Vinyl
    Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder 1st Press
    AC/DC - High Voltage 1st Press
    Poncier

Just scored Poncier. I had a great day. 
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Holy crap, that's a smoking deal! I might have to pull the trigger on this.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Nothing rare.. Got the Master of Puppets deluxe box set, but haven't had the chance to sit down and just listen to all that heavy shit.  Wanted to listen to it all in one day.

Not a number guy, but I was pretty surprised by what I got since I got mine 5 days after the release at a local record store

Also got a sweet bonus

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    Harvest Moon RSD reissue 

Really?? Harvest Moon?? I know Harvest is easy to come by, but Harvest Moon I don't think so, original 90's vinyl is some of the hardest to find as thats when vinyl was very unpopular..
    I was thinking the same thing. Harvest Moon wasn't released on vinyl in the US, and is really hard to find in Europe. Most of Neil's 90s records are pretty hard (or expensive) to find on vinyl now.

Harvest Moon was one of the first Neil records I bought. I actually bought it for my dad's birthday but he wanted the cd for his car instead, so I kept it for myself!

I'm not sure on the bootleg question. I nearly got ripped off for a bootleg Broken Arrow a while back. It looked ok but the sleeve felt a bit cheap (if that makes sense) so I left it. I'm still looking for it. 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    Harvest Moon RSD reissue 

I was thinking the same thing. Harvest Moon wasn't released on vinyl in the US, and is really hard to find in Europe. Most of Neil's 90s records are pretty hard (or expensive) to find on vinyl now.

Harvest Moon was one of the first Neil records I bought. I actually bought it for my dad's birthday but he wanted the cd for his car instead, so I kept it for myself!

I'm not sure on the bootleg question. I nearly got ripped off for a bootleg Broken Arrow a while back. It looked ok but the sleeve felt a bit cheap (if that makes sense) so I left it. I'm still looking for it. 
    Yeah agreed. Broken Arrow, is that being reissued too? That’s another one I’d like to get..
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    Harvest Moon RSD reissue 

Yeah agreed. Broken Arrow, is that being reissued too? That’s another one I’d like to get..
    I haven’t seen anything about Broken Arrow yet. It will probably end up being in an Original Release Series box eventually, volume 25-28 or something (possibly with Year of the Horse, Silver & Gold, and Road Rock or Are You Passionate, depending on what he does with Gefffen years)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    Harvest Moon RSD reissue 

Ya never mind. I brain farted and was talking about Harvest, lol. 
    Harvest Moon is awesome, that's sweet it's being reissued. Do you know if it's very limited? 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    reesdog said:
    goldrush said:
    Harvest Moon RSD reissue 

Ya never mind. I brain farted and was talking about Harvest, lol. 
    Harvest Moon is awesome, that's sweet it's being reissued. Do you know if it's very limited? 
    Should be pretty readily available. My local store had at least 20 copies. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    5000 copies. 

super weird they didn't ORS it. Kinda disappointing actually. 

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Kamasi Washington-Harmony of Difference
    The Weather Station-S/T
    Jason Isbell-Something More Than Free
    Kurt Vile and Courtney Barnett
    Bon Iver-22, A Million

CD's:

New Gord Downie
    New Godspeed You Black Emperor
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Neil Young - Harvest Moon.  It's awesome!

Then Amazon cleaned out my fun money funds over the weekend with their buy one get one half off sale.  Picked all of these up for around a $100:

Pearl Jam - Binaural 
    Pearl Jam - S/T
    Oasis - What's the Story...
    Margo Price - All American Made
    Van Morrison - Moondance
    Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend, The Best of...
    Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
    REM - Out of Time
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Neil Young - Harvest Moon.  It's awesome!

Then Amazon cleaned out my fun money funds over the weekend with their buy one get one half off sale.  Picked all of these up for around a $100:

Pearl Jam - Binaural 
    Pearl Jam - S/T
    Oasis - What's the Story...
    Van Morrison - Moondance
    Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend, The Best of...
    Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
    REM - Out of Time

nice haul for a pappanase!

:lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    edited November 2017
    Birthday presents:

Bob Marley and the Wailers - Babylon by Bus
    Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold
    Tom Petty - Highway Companion 
    Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Live in Alabama 
    Post edited by LukinFan on
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II

such a great album 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Soccer Mommy- Collection

Pearl Jam- Riot Act and Self Titled (reissues)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

LukinFan said:
    Birthday presents:

Happy birthday, man!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Riot Act & Binaural re-issues. 
    Ordered a sweet record yesterday (thanks @dankind ) - will put a pic up when it is in.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    mfc2006 said:
    LukinFan said:
    Birthday presents:

Happy birthday, man!!!
    Thanks Matt!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    mfc2006 said:
    i have been trying to find this but no luck so far.

how is it?  sound nice?
    May 30th said:
    mfc2006 said:
    i have been trying to find this but no luck so far.

how is it?  sound nice?
    It sounds fantastic!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    LukinFan said:
    Birthday presents:

That Isbell is a nice slab for a live album. Compare it to post Southeastern shows and you can hear the effect the rock and roll lifestyle had on his voice.
    mfc2006 said:
    Is this an EP or full length album?  
    www.RLMcDaniel.com