Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1566567569571572632

Comments

  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,929
    By way of the HUGE generosity of one Mickeyrat... The Replacements, Unsuitable For Airplay and Larry Coryell, Fairyland... OMG!!!


    IMG

    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,193

    RSD delivery from Newbury. 
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

    excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

    excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

    excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
    My expectations are high, acoustic sounds is taking forever to ship it though 
  • Options
    garland09garland09 Posts: 833
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

    excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
    My expectations are high, acoustic sounds is taking forever to ship it though 
    I ordered it from them too.  Two weeks later it still hadn’t shipped so i canceled the order.  It shouldn’t take that long to get something shipped.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    garland09 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

    excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
    My expectations are high, acoustic sounds is taking forever to ship it though 
    I ordered it from them too.  Two weeks later it still hadn’t shipped so i canceled the order.  It shouldn’t take that long to get something shipped.
    I think they are just overwhelmed and still haven't staffed properly for their popularity.  I've ordered from them for several years as I'm definitely a fan boy of Chad Kassem.  They always took a few days to ship but it's grown over time.  

    Still,  they have great customer service and stand behind their product. If I ever have an issue with a record,  they send a replacement quickly with no grief.  
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I do about one sizable order per year and it’s never taken more than a few days to get to me a state away.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079
    Pearl Jam Live At Easy Street from Easy Street records after enjoying the Eddie Fetta breakfast. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

    www.headstonesband.com




  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    Pearl Jam Live At Easy Street from Easy Street records after enjoying the Eddie Fetta breakfast. lol
    Little Seattle trip?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,327
    mrussel1 said:
    Pearl Jam Live At Easy Street from Easy Street records after enjoying the Eddie Fetta breakfast. lol
    Little Seattle trip?

    confirming the fall of....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited May 2022
    Ordered Neil Young Massey Hall. Hopefully the small shop I ordered it from has it in stock. Everyone has good things to say about it and it seems to be hard to find now so when I saw it online I went for it. It was quite pricey and I'm presuming it's the most recent press, is that 140g? Anyone know of any sound difference with the 2 older pressings. Not that my old ears will probably even notice.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    FR181798 said:
    Ordered Neil Young Massey Hall. Hopefully the small shop I ordered it from has it in stock. Everyone has good things to say about it and it seems to be hard to find now so when I saw it online I went for it. It was quite pricey and I'm presuming it's the most recent press, is that 140g? Anyone know of any sound difference with the 2 older pressings. Not that my old ears will probably even notice.
    I think it's been getting thinner with each pressing.  The Classic version was 200g, the next one was 180 and this one is 140.  It's certainly possible the 200 is the best, but I doubt that it's worth it to go spend the $150-200 compared to retail of $29.  It all uses the same master.  And I believe they were all pressed at Pallas.  
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    mrussel1 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Ordered Neil Young Massey Hall. Hopefully the small shop I ordered it from has it in stock. Everyone has good things to say about it and it seems to be hard to find now so when I saw it online I went for it. It was quite pricey and I'm presuming it's the most recent press, is that 140g? Anyone know of any sound difference with the 2 older pressings. Not that my old ears will probably even notice.
    I think it's been getting thinner with each pressing.  The Classic version was 200g, the next one was 180 and this one is 140.  It's certainly possible the 200 is the best, but I doubt that it's worth it to go spend the $150-200 compared to retail of $29.  It all uses the same master.  And I believe they were all pressed at Pallas.  
    Think you will struggle to find it for $29. Seems to be sold out most places. I paid a little more but its technically an import.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    FR181798 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Ordered Neil Young Massey Hall. Hopefully the small shop I ordered it from has it in stock. Everyone has good things to say about it and it seems to be hard to find now so when I saw it online I went for it. It was quite pricey and I'm presuming it's the most recent press, is that 140g? Anyone know of any sound difference with the 2 older pressings. Not that my old ears will probably even notice.
    I think it's been getting thinner with each pressing.  The Classic version was 200g, the next one was 180 and this one is 140.  It's certainly possible the 200 is the best, but I doubt that it's worth it to go spend the $150-200 compared to retail of $29.  It all uses the same master.  And I believe they were all pressed at Pallas.  
    Think you will struggle to find it for $29. Seems to be sold out most places. I paid a little more but its technically an import.
    I bet.  I have an extra on the shelf in the event I ever damage my 180 gram one.  Also bought one for my son when they came back. I can always steal that.  It's a record that I want to own forever. 
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,676
    New Morby a week early! That’s a good sign for the weekend ahead!!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    May 30th said:
    New Morby a week early! That’s a good sign for the weekend ahead!!
    Awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,676
    mfc2006 said:
    May 30th said:
    New Morby a week early! That’s a good sign for the weekend ahead!!
    Awesome!
    After two listens, it is a damn good album!!!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,800
    MedozK said:

    That's the Craft recording that just came out?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

    That's the Craft recording that just came out?
    Yep, going to take it for a listen tonight.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,327

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079
    edited May 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Pearl Jam Live At Easy Street from Easy Street records after enjoying the Eddie Fetta breakfast. lol
    Little Seattle trip?
    flew to vancouver, then drove to seattle to see Jerry Cantrell at the Moore. mopop was something to behold. wow. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

    www.headstonesband.com




  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,079
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Pearl Jam Live At Easy Street from Easy Street records after enjoying the Eddie Fetta breakfast. lol
    Little Seattle trip?

    confirming the fall of....
    confirmed. at least 3rd street anyway. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

    www.headstonesband.com




  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,929
    Because of a moderately damaged cover (but vinyl in great shape), I got this for a really good price through squaredealonline.  Awesome!

    Bob Dylan – Rough And Rowdy Ways

    Label:Sony Music – 19439780991, Columbia – C-250652
    Format:
    2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, 180g
    Country:Europe
    Released:Jul 17, 2020
    Genre:Rock, Blues, Pop, Folk, World, & Country
    Style:Ballad


    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,327
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

    That's the Craft recording that just came out?
    Yep, going to take it for a listen tonight.

    And?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,193

  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,327
    edited May 2022
    dammit, can claim an og mother love bone for $225.....
    claimed by another freak.

    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    mrussel1 said:
    garland09 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Picked up counting crows august and everything after, AP 45rpm

    excited to hear how it sounds.  Not a lot of the 90’s music I grew up with has gotten an AP release 
    You’ll be quite pleased.  A+ in every category, from mix to cut to press.
    My expectations are high, acoustic sounds is taking forever to ship it though 
    I ordered it from them too.  Two weeks later it still hadn’t shipped so i canceled the order.  It shouldn’t take that long to get something shipped.
    I think they are just overwhelmed and still haven't staffed properly for their popularity.  I've ordered from them for several years as I'm definitely a fan boy of Chad Kassem.  They always took a few days to ship but it's grown over time.  

    Still,  they have great customer service and stand behind their product. If I ever have an issue with a record,  they send a replacement quickly with no grief.  
    Finally called this morning. Counting weekends lead time is 15 days or more currently.

    Mine might not even ship until this coming Monday.  Whatever is going on they have got to fix it 


  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,929
    Arrive today and just gave it a spin.  What a wonderful album!  And this is no "tribute" review to an old man.  This really is a fine album  I love it!  Willie still sounds great, has the chops of a fine picker, and writes some first rate songs.  Excellent!

    Willie Nelson – A Beautiful Time

    Label:Legacy – 19439953571
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Country:Europe
    Released:Apr 29, 2022
    Genre:Folk, World, & Country



    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













Sign In or Register to comment.