Donald Trump

Comments

• CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I hate defending Trump but I'm going to say that this article is a far stretch at trying to find something to be offended about.

Thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/politics/donald-trump-lavar-ball/index.html

I'd rather you tell me what you thought about the article and what the writer was trying to achieve as I know what to expect from a good leader.
    The writer doesn't appear to be manufacturing any outrage here.  Regardless of what one might think about Lavar Ball, getting tangled up this sort of thing is beneath the office of the President.  

"Whereas past presidents put the good of the country first, Trump puts himself first. Always. How does this affect me? Why am I being disrespected? What is the political gain I can reap from this?"

"Given Trump's demonstrated willingness -- as a candidate and as president -- to play on racial stereotypes and racial animus to benefit his own political interests, it's impossible to ignore the underlying messaging here."

I'd say the author hit the nail on the head.
    Italics reply - That I agree with.
    Bold reply-This is the line that bothered me.  Racial stereo types?  Underlying message?  That's not what i get from it.  

Go Beavers said:
    I hate defending Trump but I'm going to say that this article is a far stretch at trying to find something to be offended about.

Thoughts?

I think the author lays it out well and is spot on. It’s trump as himself: adolescent, racist, bully who needs praise and attention. 
    I don't see how this is a "racist" tweet at all.  

Not seeing the racist overtones in this at all.  Adolescent? Yes.  Bully?  Yes.
  • PJ_Soul said:

Thoughts?

I think the tweet is EXTREMELY disturbing.
    Most of Trumps tweets are disturbing, no?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Thoughts?

what's to defend the man tweets like a fucking kid and acts like a silver spoon idiot ....I read the article it's not anything we don't already know about his character ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I hate defending Trump but I'm going to say that this article is a far stretch at trying to find something to be offended about.

Thoughts?

what's to defend the man tweets like a fucking kid and acts like a silver spoon idiot ....I read the article it's not anything we don't already know about his character ...
    Never mind.  I must have read a different article than everyone else...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Thoughts?

I'd rather you tell me what you thought about the article and what the writer was trying to achieve as I know what to expect from a good leader.
    The writer doesn't appear to be manufacturing any outrage here.  Regardless of what one might think about Lavar Ball, getting tangled up this sort of thing is beneath the office of the President.  

"Whereas past presidents put the good of the country first, Trump puts himself first. Always. How does this affect me? Why am I being disrespected? What is the political gain I can reap from this?"

"Given Trump's demonstrated willingness -- as a candidate and as president -- to play on racial stereotypes and racial animus to benefit his own political interests, it's impossible to ignore the underlying messaging here."

Bold reply-This is the line that bothered me.  Racial stereo types?  Underlying message?  That's not what i get from it.  

Go Beavers said:

Thoughts?

I think the author lays it out well and is spot on. It’s trump as himself: adolescent, racist, bully who needs praise and attention. 

In the larger scope of his racism, it fits the ongoing theme. He’s way more inclined to degrade racial minorities and make reference to their race indirectly. In this case, the Don King comparison. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Thoughts?

Never mind.  I must have read a different article than everyone else...
    no, I just don't see anything other than an opinion piece based on the actions of the current sitting president as compared to past ones. he calls a private citizen a fool. past presidents rarely, if ever, called a rival POLITICIAN something like that, never mind a private citizen. it's beyond inappropriate. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Thoughts?

Go Beavers said:

Thoughts?

In the larger scope of his racism, it fits the ongoing theme. He’s way more inclined to degrade racial minorities and make reference to their race indirectly. In this case, the Don King comparison. 
    Yeah I don't get how that's racist... He's friends with King and I viewed it as you are no Don King, whom is loud and over the top.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Thoughts?

Go Beavers said:

Thoughts?

Yeah I don't get how that's racist... He's friends with King and I viewed it as you are no Don King, whom is loud and over the top.
    but he picks fights overwhelmingly against black people more than white. there is no denying that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

Thoughts?

I think the tweet is EXTREMELY disturbing.
    Most of Trumps tweets are disturbing, no?
    All of them are. But this one is even worse than a lot of them IMO. Just when I think I can't be flabbergasted by what he says, he manages to take it to yet another level (I'm including the "I should have left them in jail" tweets as well).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Thoughts?

Go Beavers said:

Thoughts?

Not suggesting the tweet itself was explicitly racist.  Just that it was another stupid tweet from the racist in chief.   Taken in context, it's a pretty loud dog whistle.  

Trump puts himself first.  What is the political gain I can reap from this?

Answer: more red meat for his deplorable racist base.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I’m pretty sure Trump would bring Bin Laden back to life if it were scientifically possible. Just to undo something that happened under Obama.

He’s such a piece of shit and so is anyone who supports him. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Your hard earned tax dollars at work.....

President Trump has visited a Trump property on 34 out of his 45 weekends in office

Trump visits his properties such as Mar-a-Lago almost every weekend
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/11/22/president-trump-has-visited-trump-property-34-out-his-45-weekends-office/888727001/   

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Your hard earned tax dollars at work.....

President Trump has visited a Trump property on 34 out of his 45 weekends in office

Trump visits his properties such as Mar-a-Lago almost every weekend
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/11/22/president-trump-has-visited-trump-property-34-out-his-45-weekends-office/888727001/   

you could point this out to him in person and he would still say Obama golfed way more than him ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I’m pretty sure Trump would bring Bin Laden back to life if it were scientifically possible. Just to undo something that happened under Obama.

He’s such a piece of shit and so is anyone who supports him. 
    Agreed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Has anyone else tried to end a call with their boss by faking a bad connection, and if so, how did it go? 
    Has anyone else tried to end a call with their boss by faking a bad connection, and if so, how did it go? 
    I feel that a better option is to pretend you just spilled hot soup all over yourself. That way you can just panic and hang up.
    I feel that a better option is to pretend you just spilled hot soup all over yourself. That way you can just panic and hang up.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    This nut job can't get anything right:
    51 Million American to travel this weekend - highest number in twelve years (AAA). Traffic and airports are running very smoothly!  @FoxNews
    November 22, 2017 4:25pm EST

There are 260 delayed flights across the US right now

As of 4:40 p.m. ET, the number of delayed flights across the US is decreasing, according to FlightAware. There are currently 260 delays at the US's major airports, down from 279 an hour ago.

edited November 2017
    This nut job can't get anything right:
    51 Million American to travel this weekend - highest number in twelve years (AAA). Traffic and airports are running very smoothly!  @FoxNews
    November 22, 2017 4:25pm EST

There are 260 delayed flights across the US right now

As of 4:40 p.m. ET, the number of delayed flights across the US is decreasing, according to FlightAware. There are currently 260 delays at the US's major airports, down from 279 an hour ago.

That’s odd. He said this about the air traffic control system in June: "stuck, painfully, in the past." He also called the system "ancient, broken, antiquated" and "horrible" and said his reforms would make it safer and more reliable.
    He also supports privatizing it. I’m sure that will make things better.  
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Said twice for best effect I see! Classic PJSoul tactic.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Most scandal free administration ever. More brilliance on display. Gotta love her defense of Moore as well. She’s a brilliant brilliantly shine of brilliance.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-hatch-act/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Our reality star president is in a beef with a guy who has a reality show on Facebook. 

Fuck this country. 
    i think the Trump presidency signifies the beginning of the end of America's 'greatness'.   
  • I was on twitter looking at some of the comments in Trump's Ball tweet. My gawd there are some horrible people that rear their ugly heads in support of that idiot.

Just. F**king. Ignorant.

If you voted for him... fair enough. But if you're still supporting him... geezuz.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    I was on twitter looking at some of the comments in Trump's Ball tweet. My gawd there are some horrible people that rear their ugly heads in support of that idiot.

Just. F**king. Ignorant.

If you voted for him... fair enough. But if you're still supporting him... geezuz.
    They get all their news from Fox, Breitbart and pick your random nutty right wing website/blogger/Facebook wacko. 

They know nothing of the actual world
  • In case you need it simply explained. You won’t have to even try to comprehend the complexities of it all. Come on in, follow the money.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncMdLwPGMk
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    He can't even say happy thanksgiving without making the tweet about himself. Fuck Donald Trump.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I was on twitter looking at some of the comments in Trump's Ball tweet. My gawd there are some horrible people that rear their ugly heads in support of that idiot.

Just. F**king. Ignorant.

When you support evil in any form you are also evil

• 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    "There is no brand that has gone up more than the Coast Guard!"

Is that honestly the only frame of reference he has? Branding and marketing?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.