Sexual Misconduct in Politics

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    About six months or so ago there was a clip going around of Rose saying something inappropriate on the air.  Trying to find it...it was kind of laughed off at the time.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    About six months or so ago there was a clip going around of Rose saying something inappropriate on the air.  Trying to find it...it was kind of laughed off at the time.
    Yeah, I remember that too. Found it.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    JimmyV said:
    Second woman says Sen. Al Franken inappropriately touched her - CNN https://apple.news/AlW3-Y_xgT2ym9Z9G__ZCNA
  • jeffer96jeffer96 Posts: 136
    Hi Gang - Long Time 10 Clubber, but don’t post very often.  I never in a million years thought sexual harassment was as rampant in society until it happened to my wife and fellow Jammer, Kirsten, the woman mentioned in this story- 
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/20/sexual-harassment-statehouses/882874001/
    She did the right thing in standing up, but it has made our lives a living hell for the last 4 years.  That’s time we should have been able to spend watching our son grow up and enjoying life.  As someone who has always worked in the private sector, it was appalling to see what went on in the private sector and how it impacted her.  She went from being a happy, bubbly person full of life who was always ready to tackle a new adventure to someone who would come home, change into pajamas and immediately go to bed after a day at work.  It almost drove us apart.  She found her voice, filed a complaint to end the harassment and was instead fired that same day.  We incurred just under a million dollars in legal fees through her trial, where a jury found in her favor and awarded her $2.2 million - far beyond what she sought in damages - from the State.  The State appealed and ultimately settled with her.  Over those four years, she went through numerous counseling sessions, was black balled and unemployable and lost what was left of her confidence.  It wasn’t until the verdict came in that she started to feel like she could raise her chin up again.  I share this because these women are real people.  Like Kirsten, they just want to do their job and go home.  Speaking up brings on retaliation, shame, ridicule, legal expenses and very little chance of finding employment while the case is pending.  Guys, I am begging you.  Think about what you say and how you act when you are around your female friends and coworkers.  Ladies, don’t put up with anything less!  If it is happening to you today, find someone to listen.  It’s no way to go through life.  You deserve a safe place to work.

Jeff

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    Second woman says Sen. Al Franken inappropriately touched her - CNN https://apple.news/AlW3-Y_xgT2ym9Z9G__ZCNA
    How many are we up to for Trump?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    From my own experience working in both the private and public sector, I’ve found the public sector to be better able to handle these things. That being said, all the organizations I’ve worked for have had a significant presence of women. Often the majority of staff were women, and many of the supervisors and managers were/are women. It’s insane when I read these stories and how it went on and on without any intervention. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    From my own experience working in both the private and public sector, I’ve found the public sector to be better able to handle these things. That being said, all the organizations I’ve worked for have had a significant presence of women. Often the majority of staff were women, and many of the supervisors and managers were/are women. It’s insane when I read these stories and how it went on and on without any intervention. 
    Yeah, I think public sector is pretty good with this stuff. I'm also a public sector employee, and we have extremely well-defined definitions for harassment, and a very responsive method for dealing with that. It's also a union atmosphere, and obviously unions play a huge role in ensuring that employees are properly protected ... It's actual government sector where things fall apart. I feel pretty comfortable assuming that is because of what our politicians, particularly our male politicians, are often like. Many of them are power hungry, self-righteous pricks, and that is actually why they flock to politics in the first place. This is about a culture that such people have grown themselves and have perpetuated it. All that does is attract much of the same over time. I think government at all levels should absolutely clean house when it comes to this shit. I know it would be very disruptive in a lot of ways... but I think this kind of major disruption in all levels of government is way overdue (not the kind of disruption that Trumps brings of course... He and all his idiot supporters in government are a huge part of the problem... all of those pricks need to be metaphorically strung up as well. Especially Trump. Seriously. When is Trump going to be the target in all this???? I don't understand how this groundswell can even continue without Trump being taken down just like all these other fuckers are being taken down. Until that happens, I don't see much hope).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    jeffer96 said:
    Hi Gang - Long Time 10 Clubber, but don’t post very often.  I never in a million years thought sexual harassment was as rampant in society until it happened to my wife and fellow Jammer, Kirsten, the woman mentioned in this story- 
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/11/20/sexual-harassment-statehouses/882874001/
    She did the right thing in standing up, but it has made our lives a living hell for the last 4 years.  That’s time we should have been able to spend watching our son grow up and enjoying life.  As someone who has always worked in the private sector, it was appalling to see what went on in the private sector and how it impacted her.  She went from being a happy, bubbly person full of life who was always ready to tackle a new adventure to someone who would come home, change into pajamas and immediately go to bed after a day at work.  It almost drove us apart.  She found her voice, filed a complaint to end the harassment and was instead fired that same day.  We incurred just under a million dollars in legal fees through her trial, where a jury found in her favor and awarded her $2.2 million - far beyond what she sought in damages - from the State.  The State appealed and ultimately settled with her.  Over those four years, she went through numerous counseling sessions, was black balled and unemployable and lost what was left of her confidence.  It wasn’t until the verdict came in that she started to feel like she could raise her chin up again.  I share this because these women are real people.  Like Kirsten, they just want to do their job and go home.  Speaking up brings on retaliation, shame, ridicule, legal expenses and very little chance of finding employment while the case is pending.  Guys, I am begging you.  Think about what you say and how you act when you are around your female friends and coworkers.  Ladies, don’t put up with anything less!  If it is happening to you today, find someone to listen.  It’s no way to go through life.  You deserve a safe place to work.

Jeff

wow...so sorry that happened.  Hats off to her for sticking with it.  Unfortunately too many ignore it.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited November 2017
    You know, we do these annual harassment trainings at work and they seem so silly.  I think, who would be doing this stuff at work?  And it turns out after reading the news for the last 4 weeks that people are not only doing this stuff at work, but much worse.  And these people are smart people that are highly respected in politics or the media.  It is pathetic.  The one good thing about this is hopefully women (and men) who have been harassed can now speak up and be believed.   
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    jeffer96 said:

Jeff

PEOPLE need to do this, regardless of gender or with whom they're interacting.

Seriously, just treat people decently and don't be a dick.

Jeff, that your wife not only experienced that but lost her job (really?!) on top of it is appalling...not to mention the beyond challenging road to walk afterward.  Glad she and you made it through.  People like her inspire others to come forward, and also represent those of us in varying similar situations who weren't heard.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    Couldn’t tell you, I am not obsessed with him like some here.
    I guess “conservative principles” include molesting 14 year old girls. Way to go Randy!

https://www.roymoore.org/Press-Releases/90/SENATOR-RAND-PAUL-ENDORSES-JUDGE-ROY-MOORE-FOR-UNITED-STATES-SENATE
    That is fucking unreal I hope his neighbors beat the crap outta him again and knock that hair peice right off his head what an asshole he is Unsung must be jumping for joy ...
    No, I only wonder what makes someone so obsessed with Rand Paul.  I also wonder why people are actually wishing harm upon others.  

As as far as my #1 fan Halifax whom keeps asking why Dr Paul has not answered the question, I would assume it is because he was attacked from behind by a lunatic and has other priorities than worrying what someone thinks on a music forum.
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
     309kunsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:
    How long before they come out against creepy joe biden too?

Or creepy Rand Paul?
    Hmmmmm, I wonder what might make your neighbor blind side tackle you? I wonder what it could be, particularly if your attorney claims it wasn’t a yard dispute and neither side is talking. Hush, I'd like to buy a clue.
    Considering his neighbor is a mentally unstable democrat it isn't a surprise.

Now back to Al Franken, all of you were screaming for Trump to not get elected due to locker rooom talk, this guy actually did something.  Are you going to demand his resignation or are all of you just full of shit?
    trump’s wasn’t locker room talk, unless you’ve been hanging out in a locker room full of sex offenders. 
    I don't claim to be an expert on this subject like all of you, I don't have the experience defending people like Bill Clinton for years.
    Where’s Randy Paul’s comments on Roy Moore? Maybe he’s got some skeletons in his closet. Or is it ghosts?
    You all tried that a few years ago, aqua budda remember?
    A lot can change in a few years. Tempted by the Devil hisself, for example. Still haven't seen Randy Paul comment on Roy Moore's transgressions. Why not? Silence is endorsement.
    Maybe a 40 year old allegation needs a little more investigation before burning him at the stake.
    How much time did you give the 39 year old Clinton rape allegation?

You might want to review your timeline, no worries though it looks like there are some fresh ones coming our way soon.
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
     309kunsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:
    How long before they come out against creepy joe biden too?

Or creepy Rand Paul?
    Hmmmmm, I wonder what might make your neighbor blind side tackle you? I wonder what it could be, particularly if your attorney claims it wasn’t a yard dispute and neither side is talking. Hush, I'd like to buy a clue.
    Considering his neighbor is a mentally unstable democrat it isn't a surprise.

Now back to Al Franken, all of you were screaming for Trump to not get elected due to locker rooom talk, this guy actually did something.  Are you going to demand his resignation or are all of you just full of shit?
    trump’s wasn’t locker room talk, unless you’ve been hanging out in a locker room full of sex offenders. 
    I don't claim to be an expert on this subject like all of you, I don't have the experience defending people like Bill Clinton for years.
    Where’s Randy Paul’s comments on Roy Moore? Maybe he’s got some skeletons in his closet. Or is it ghosts?
    You all tried that a few years ago, aqua budda remember?
    A lot can change in a few years. Tempted by the Devil hisself, for example. Still haven't seen Randy Paul comment on Roy Moore's transgressions. Why not? Silence is endorsement.
    Maybe a 40 year old allegation needs a little more investigation before burning him at the stake.
    How much time did you give the 39 year old Clinton rape allegation?

You might want to review your timeline, no worries though it looks like there are some fresh ones coming our way soon.
    Meh, I’m not obsessed with Clinton like some are in here. 

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    Couldn’t tell you, I am not obsessed with him like some here.

So it's just the Democrats that bother you? Got it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    You must be new. 

Actually I know that you aren’t, so you should also know that I was banned for 30 days for speaking ill (perceived) of a Republican.  Sorry bud, just hate the authoritarians that abuse everything that they can.
    unsung said:
    You must be new. 

Actually I know that you aren’t, so you should also know that I was banned for 30 days for speaking ill (perceived) of a Republican.  Sorry bud, just hate the authoritarians that abuse everything that they can.
    Curious if you view trump as an authoritarian? 
    I view most politicians as Authoritarians.  I would include him, but he lesser than some recent.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    edited November 2017
    unsung said:
    I guess “conservative principles” include molesting 14 year old girls. Way to go Randy!

https://www.roymoore.org/Press-Releases/90/SENATOR-RAND-PAUL-ENDORSES-JUDGE-ROY-MOORE-FOR-UNITED-STATES-SENATE
    That is fucking unreal I hope his neighbors beat the crap outta him again and knock that hair peice right off his head what an asshole he is Unsung must be jumping for joy ...
    No, I only wonder what makes someone so obsessed with Rand Paul.  I also wonder why people are actually wishing harm upon others.  

As as far as my #1 fan Halifax whom keeps asking why Dr Paul has not answered the question, I would assume it is because he was attacked from behind by a lunatic and has other priorities than worrying what someone thinks on a music forum.
    Did you interview and assess the perp to come to that conclusion? Me thinks Randy Paul has a ghost or two in his closet. And he endorses child molestation. So there is that. Does the neighbor have/had kids? Rand Paul is a hypocrite but its great to see he has a blind following.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Maybe he does, I’m sure someone like yourself will crack that case any day now.
  • unsung said:
    Maybe he does, I’m sure someone like yourself will crack that case any day now.
    It'll be JC.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Meanwhile, seeing how the CIC is compromised, now the White House is just one big navy tail hook like convention risking our national security. Brilliant!

White House military personnel removed amid inquiry into contacts with foreign women - The Washington Post https://apple.news/A0Yago1r-SlOJj3TJfXMEPA

Brilliantati©
  • tbergs said:
    Yeah, I remember that too. Found it.

Charlie Rose, the very well respected interviewer, is now shamed.

Multiple allegations from co-workers that came forward about him.

He has been dismissed/let go by any affiliations he has had in TV and radio.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/21/opinions/charlie-rose-played-the-role-of-dirty-older-man-filipovic/index.html

How many more people will we see this happen to?  This is unbelievable.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:

The upside to this is that it keeps the heat on trump and his rapey shit. I’m seeing a direct connection to this “outing” of offenders and the women’s marches. Anyone still laughing at the pussy hats?
    dignin said:

The upside to this is that it keeps the heat on trump and his rapey shit. I’m seeing a direct connection to this “outing” of offenders and the women’s marches. Anyone still laughing at the pussy hats?
    To paraphrase or old friend BS, we needed Trump as president for this to happen. He is the necessary evil. Since we can't cleanse the WH, the rest of the country is doing their part.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited November 2017
    unsung said:
    Probably, considering he has owned up to it and most of his Democratic colleagues have called him out for it. As opposed to denying it (or, more accurately, lying about it) and having a bunch of spinless dickheads stick up for him in the name of towing the party line. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • RiotZact said:
    unsung said:
    Probably, considering he has owned up to it and most of his Democratic colleagues have called him out for it. As opposed to denying it (or, more accurately, lying about it) and having a bunch of spinless dickheads stick up for him in the name of towing the party line. 
    You mean like Randy Paul? Silence = endorsement. Or, birds of a feather flock together. Randy’s wife having her Tammy Wynett moment, how endearing.

Brilliantati©
    RiotZact said:
    unsung said:
    It's pathetic. When will Karma kick these Republican predators square in the nuts? Franken will resign and Roy Moore will probably be elected while President Predator remains in office. The only morality being taught to our current generation of youth is to just deny everything. Pieces of shit. So angering that our society is enabling these types of people.
This discussion has been closed.