Dating as A PJ Fan

Comments

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    As long as she's no shorter than 6 feet.
    Eh?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Eh?
    Hurts my neck to always look down 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    not a deal breaker.  thats silly
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Eh?
    Seriously? Well good luck with that, I believe the average height for women is about 5'4 :tongue:
    Eh?
    Seriously? Well good luck with that, I believe the average height for women is about 5'4 :tongue:
    I'm half joking, I am open to any height. But gee does it hurt my neck talking to very short people.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    DK, :angry:

With love,
    A 5'3-1/2" person =)

Music (PJ, specifically) was my and my husband's initial bond.  And as was mentioned earlier, the sharing of new stuff is fun for us.  It doesn't always take but when it does, fantastico!

We all have certain wants / requirements but with them come compromises, or that motherfucker, "toleration".  Certain bands is small potatoes to me if a true connection is there.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Loving the same music is great but nobody wants to talk about the downside. 
    Do you know how expensive it is to be with a fellow PJ fan? There isn't anyone there to question the buying of yet another vinyl, poster, trip to shows, etc.
    Nope just a partner in crime. Costs a fucking fortune. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Loving the same music is great but nobody wants to talk about the downside. 
    Do you know how expensive it is to be with a fellow PJ fan? There isn't anyone there to question the buying of yet another vinyl, poster, trip to shows, etc.
    Nope just a partner in crime. Costs a fucking fortune. =)
    A PJ couple would definitely struggle to save up to buy a home.
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    It was expensive going to one concert :)
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
    (Fwiw, I'm 5 3, and use a cane/wheelchair at times- depending upon the seasons)
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    edited November 2017
    If the European tour ever happens we are fucked now as a pj couple WITH a baby. Im now out of the game . Gone from sleeping iut the night before in the queue to not being even able to go for a ticket .How i will handle this does not compute :s
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If the European tour ever happens we are fucked now as a pj couple WITH a baby. Im now out of the game . Gone from sleeping iut the night before in the queue to not being even able to go for a ticket .How i will handle this does not compute :s
    Where there's a will, there's a way!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I believe that a love for any music is vital to any 2 but i know they're are so many people that aren't into jamming
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^
    Good point on the travelling issue. But it also might be a good way to give each other some space and do things on your own. Of course it is fun to experience music together, especially when its mutually loved.
    I'm all for space and doing things on my own (it's actually why I'm single!), but if I were crazy enough to get into a relationship, haha, my love of music is something I would need to share with my partner, at least a fair bit of the time - it's not like I would require we attend every single show together or anything level-5 clinger, lol, but it would have to be a common addiction. If I didn't share that love there would just be a big void between us. It's too big a part of my life and too great a source of joy to not share with my S.O. I'd rather be single forever than separate that part of my life from my loved one. Plus, a couple would need to have a fair bit of money for one to be travelling for concerts, the other to perhaps travel alone for something else, and then, presumably, try to find time and money to travel together as well. I just don't see how that would work in a normal budget for two people who work full time, lol.
    Word up, A.
    ^^^^
    Get a room you two!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Certain music someone listens to or likes a deal breaker?? Sounds like a recipe for staying single... 
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Wma31394 said:
    Certain music someone listens to or likes a deal breaker?? Sounds like a recipe for staying single... 
    Or a recipe for finding someone you can bond with on very deep levels.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • I'd say someone not letting me have at least some of my posters up would be a deal breaker.  I dated a girl who walked into my place for the first time and basically said if we were living together, there wouldn't be nearly as many posters.  :o
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • I'd say someone not letting me have at least some of my posters up would be a deal breaker.  I dated a girl who walked into my place for the first time and basically said if we were living together, there wouldn't be nearly as many posters.  :o
    No deal
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I am lucky enough to have married someone who has seen more PJ shows than me.

We met through a friend in 2006, and ran into each other at a few of the PJ shows that summer. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2017
    Wow. I understand liking tall women if you're very tall, but geez, that really limits your options. There aren't very many women who are taller than 6'.... unless you mean when they wear heels (hubba hubba btw - sounds like you're really really tall; that is very attractive to me - I like extremely tall men ... but I'm "only" 5'10" :lol:;) ).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    rgambs said:
    Wma31394 said:
    Or a recipe for finding someone you can bond with on very deep levels.

EXACTLY my point.

Henry David Thoreau
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Hahahaha......personally I like short women and I'm 6'2".  My ex wife is only 5'4"
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I really prefer that they just be breathing and willing. :blush: Hahahaha
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ^^^^came in like a wrecking ball
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    When in college I had two basic rules for the end of the night rounds.
    1)  Weighed less than I did
    2)  Were willing participants

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Fussy then? =)
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    When in college I had two basic rules for the end of the night rounds.
    1)  Weighed less than I did
    2)  Were willing participants

I have a feeling you were pretty lax on the first rule. Just a hunch.

I should note that heels are a plus....not a requirement. 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Heels are just horrible for women's health. :frowning: