Sexual Misconduct in Politics

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Alabama's Republican Governor says she will vote for Roy Moore because keeping the Democrats out of power is more important than anything this (alleged) disgusting pedophile may have done.

Look for the entire GOP Establishment to get on board that train between now and election day. This is the exact cycle we saw following the Access Hollywood tape.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Hmm. Well I don't want to dismiss that claim outright. I want to know about this photographer. If that woman is a Trump supporter, it is possible that she's full of shit. I'm not saying she is or isn't. Just saying that we shouldn't be any more quick to dismiss first person denials of the claims than we are to dismiss the original accusation.... So now what? lol
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    JimmyV said:
    Alabama's Republican Governor says she will vote for Roy Moore because keeping the Democrats out of power is more important than anything this (alleged) disgusting pedophile may have done.

Look for the entire GOP Establishment to get on board that train between now and election day. This is the exact cycle we saw following the Access Hollywood tape.
    Well, that is totally f***ed up, but unfortunately many voters feel the same way.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    If the Franken assault isn't all true as originally told, then it would make sense for him to do exactly as he has done until he can disprove her story. I'm not buying in to conspiracy theories, but I think we've seen how the outright denials have played out. I doubt he remembered every detail which is why he added that tidbit into his statement. Whatever, we'll see if this is another Hannity style spin or if there's truth to it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    JimmyV said:

Yep the GOP will stand behind Racists , sexual predators , Russian operatives helping get the idiot we now have as president this doesn't surprize me one bit ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    tbergs said:
    If the Franken assault isn't all true as originally told, then it would make sense for him to do exactly as he has done until he can disprove her story. I'm not buying in to conspiracy theories, but I think we've seen how the outright denials have played out. I doubt he remembered every detail which is why he added that tidbit into his statement. Whatever, we'll see if this is another Hannity style spin or if there's truth to it.
    He said he didn't remember the rehearsal where she claims he tried to kiss her the same way. He apologized for the picture and admitted he shouldn't have done it.

• JimmyV said:

Party of deplorables. I guess Hillary was correct?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:
    He said he didn't remember the rehearsal where she claims he tried to kiss her the same way. He apologized for the picture and admitted he shouldn't have done it.

Oh, ok. I didn't go back and read the statement.

Anyway, Snopes has proven the photographer quote is false. Allegations stand confirmed. No silver lining here people. Franken is still a creep
    It's a hopeless situation...
    JimmyV said:
    tbergs said:

Okay, but is he apologizing because he actually assaulted her? Or just because joking around about honking a passed out woman's breasts is inappropriate behaviour, but not assault or harassment? I don't know. Again, I want to hear more from this photographer who is denying the accusation. He says he was there. What would be his motive to not tell the truth in his account of what happened? Are they buddies? I have no clue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't get these gay Christian homophobic family value warriors at all. I mean, I find it hard to grasp how dense some people can be when it comes to their perspectives and how they apply those perspectives to themselves and other people and the world. Is this some kind of mental disability? Mental illness? Or just pure, disgusting, self-righteous stupidity? I do grasp the role that religion plays here, but not so much the individual capacity to be so fucking hypocritical about what they are taught vs what they feel and do. It is probably one of the most vexing things about humanity for me. It disturbs me a lot that there seem to be so many of these types in politics. I mean really, if elected officials are this stupid and heinous... bah. It makes me feel rather hopeless.
    Jason Kenny.
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't get these gay Christian homophobic family value warriors at all. I mean, I find it hard to grasp how dense some people can be when it comes to their perspectives and how they apply those perspectives to themselves and other people and the world. Is this some kind of mental disability? Mental illness? Or just pure, disgusting, self-righteous stupidity? I do grasp the role that religion plays here, but not so much the individual capacity to be so fucking hypocritical about what they are taught vs what they feel and do. It is probably one of the most vexing things about humanity for me. It disturbs me a lot that there seem to be so many of these types in politics. I mean really, if elected officials are this stupid and heinous... bah. It makes me feel rather hopeless.
    Jason Kenny.
    Jason Kenney is secretly gay??
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason Kenny.
    I know some people who are in the know and they say he is. Apparently in political circles it's a well know secret, but in Canada (as you know) we frown on bringing up what happens in the bedroom to the public setting.

KD Lang called him out a few months ago on it.

http://www.canadalandshow.com/kd-lang-asks-jason-kenney-if-hes-gay/

AH: Are you gay or straight?

JK: I’m sorry, I learned a long time ago, I don’t answer personal questions from journalists.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/kwkpg9/is-canada-run-by-a-gay-mafia

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
     309kunsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:
    How long before they come out against creepy joe biden too?

Or creepy Rand Paul?
    Hmmmmm, I wonder what might make your neighbor blind side tackle you? I wonder what it could be, particularly if your attorney claims it wasn’t a yard dispute and neither side is talking. Hush, I'd like to buy a clue.
    Considering his neighbor is a mentally unstable democrat it isn't a surprise.

Now back to Al Franken, all of you were screaming for Trump to not get elected due to locker rooom talk, this guy actually did something.  Are you going to demand his resignation or are all of you just full of shit?
    trump’s wasn’t locker room talk, unless you’ve been hanging out in a locker room full of sex offenders. 
    I don't claim to be an expert on this subject like all of you, I don't have the experience defending people like Bill Clinton for years.
    Where’s Randy Paul’s comments on Roy Moore? Maybe he’s got some skeletons in his closet. Or is it ghosts?
    You all tried that a few years ago, aqua budda remember?
    A lot can change in a few years. Tempted by the Devil hisself, for example. Still haven't seen Randy Paul comment on Roy Moore's transgressions. Why not? Silence is endorsement.
    Maybe a 40 year old allegation needs a little more investigation before burning him at the stake.
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason Kenny.
    I know some people who are in the know and they say he is. Apparently in political circles it's a well know secret, but in Canada (as you know) we frown on bringing up what happens in the bedroom to the public setting.

JK: I’m sorry, I learned a long time ago, I don’t answer personal questions from journalists.

I did not know that. Well, that makes him an even bigger piece of shit than I already thought he was.
    .... I guess I agree that in Canada we frown on bringing up what happens in the bedroom in public generally, but I don't think any reasonable Canadian would feel that way in this particular case. It is completely relevant to this fucking guy's anti-gay platform. I think I didn't know that more because Canadians are rather more cautious when it comes to unsubstantiated accusations of any kind. This guy will have to be caught in the act somehow for it to become an actual thing IMO. Like, you know, one of those instances where he's caught on video creeping into some motel room with a male prostitute or whatever, lol. Only then will the Canadian media be willing to acknowledge the gross hypocrisy of his position about gays and sex education.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
     309kunsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?
    Hmmmmm, I wonder what might make your neighbor blind side tackle you? I wonder what it could be, particularly if your attorney claims it wasn’t a yard dispute and neither side is talking. Hush, I'd like to buy a clue.

Now back to Al Franken, all of you were screaming for Trump to not get elected due to locker rooom talk, this guy actually did something.  Are you going to demand his resignation or are all of you just full of shit?
    trump’s wasn’t locker room talk, unless you’ve been hanging out in a locker room full of sex offenders. 
    I don't claim to be an expert on this subject like all of you, I don't have the experience defending people like Bill Clinton for years.
    Where’s Randy Paul’s comments on Roy Moore? Maybe he’s got some skeletons in his closet. Or is it ghosts?
    A lot can change in a few years. Tempted by the Devil hisself, for example. Still haven't seen Randy Paul comment on Roy Moore's transgressions. Why not? Silence is endorsement.
    Maybe a 40 year old allegation needs a little more investigation before burning him at the stake.
    How much time did you give the 39 year old Clinton rape allegation?

PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason Kenny.

I did not know that. Well, that makes him an even bigger piece of shit than I already thought he was.
    .... I guess I agree that in Canada we frown on bringing up what happens in the bedroom in public generally, but I don't think any reasonable Canadian would feel that way in this particular case. It is completely relevant to this fucking guy's anti-gay platform. I think I didn't know that more because Canadians are rather more cautious when it comes to unsubstantiated accusations of any kind. This guy will have to be caught in the act somehow for it to become an actual thing IMO. Like, you know, one of those instances where he's caught on video creeping into some motel room with a male prostitute or whatever, lol. Only then will the Canadian media be willing to acknowledge the gross hypocrisy of his position about gays and sex education.
    I agree. I don't think he's going to get caught in a hotel room with another man though, he claims he's still a virgin, at age 49 (waiting till marriage)....which is it's own level of weird.

But maybe he thinks gay sex isn't real sex, therefore he can claim his virginity is still intact.

And he will probably be my next premier. Ugh.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    edited November 2017
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
     309kunsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

Does Randy Paul think his republican colleagues, particularly Republican leadership, are lying, think there should be an investigation or Roy’s being burned at the stake? Oh, we don’t know because Randy Paul won’t comment. Must be hiding something. Or he thinks it’s perfectly acceptable to molest 14 year old girls.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dignin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jason Kenny.

I agree. I don't think he's going to get caught in a hotel room with another man though, he claims he's still a virgin, at age 49 (waiting till marriage)....which is it's own level of weird.

But maybe he thinks gay sex isn't real sex, therefore he can claim his virginity is still intact.

And he will probably be my next premier. Ugh.
    Oh my god, lol. I didn't know about the virgin claim. BAAAAAhahahaha. Yeah right! You're probably right - if he's gay, he probably has convinced himself that he's still a virgin if he just hasn't done it with a woman (although I'd doubt that as well).

You really think that freak show is probably going to win??
  • Meanwhile, over at Fox:

Married teacher and JV cheerleading coach, 23, arrested for sex affair with teen boy student - Fox News https://apple.news/AlvsbGViYTC6p5fBuQTA15g

Brilliantati©
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    It’s always at bit SAD to see what’s trending under Fox news in the Apple news ap. 
  • And people wonder why this shit continues? This plus NDAs make sexual harassment and assault a no cost business proposition. Yea Congress!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/17/pf/sexual-harassment-tax-plan/index.html

Brilliantati©
  • I guess “conservative principles” include molesting 14 year old girls. Way to go Randy!

https://www.roymoore.org/Press-Releases/90/SENATOR-RAND-PAUL-ENDORSES-JUDGE-ROY-MOORE-FOR-UNITED-STATES-SENATE

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I guess “conservative principles” include molesting 14 year old girls. Way to go Randy!

https://www.roymoore.org/Press-Releases/90/SENATOR-RAND-PAUL-ENDORSES-JUDGE-ROY-MOORE-FOR-UNITED-STATES-SENATE
    That is fucking unreal I hope his neighbors beat the crap outta him again and knock that hair peice right off his head what an asshole he is Unsung must be jumping for joy ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited November 2017
    I guess “conservative principles” include molesting 14 year old girls. Way to go Randy!

That is fucking unreal I hope his neighbors beat the crap outta him again and knock that hair peice right off his head what an asshole he is Unsung must be jumping for joy ...

Liberty is obviously something only to be enjoyed by poorly adjusted white men who overcompensate by amassing arsenals of firearms in their basements. It doesn't extend to defenseless 14 year old girls who are targeted by predators.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

Was Clinton a sex offender? Or unfaithful?

Theres a huge difference in my mind (not condoning adultery)?

He was accused 15 times I believe.
    I didn't know this. I only knew of the high profile incident.
    Not saying trump is not garbage for his talk, just saying I believe Clinton had 15 accusers over the years.
    Are you sure you're not thinking about Trump? Because Trump has had 16 accusers (including 2 who were 13 years old at the time of the assault, as well as his ex-wife). As far as I've ever read, Clinton has had 4 accusers.
    I think trump brought 4 woman up to the stage with him accusing bill.  There were more than that I believe.  Either way, one is enough.
    Well, one is enough if the one woman is telling the truth.... when there is only one, I don't think we can just assume it's true. When there are 16 accusations I think we can assume it is true.  The number of accusations actually doesn't matter in this context. Anyway, I searched and couldn't find anything about 15 accusations against Clinton. But it's easy to find the 16 against Trump. Agreed, it's not good about Clinton (obviously)... I am curious as to why some people want to focus so much more on Clinton rather than on the sitting President, who has worse and more accusations laid against him, as well as an admission of being a sexual predator (not saying what you're focusing on personally... I don't recall what your focus is or has been, if anything).
    because their only argument/defence is that "where were you when Clinton was being accused?". it doesn't seem to matter that Trump is a sexual predator, only that democrats/liberals shouldn't be calling him out on it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357

Kellyanne Conway’s New Position On Roy Moore: We Need His Tax Bill Vote

“There is no Senate seat worth more than a child,” she said last week. Unless that Senate seat is voting on tax reform, apparently.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kellyanne-conway-roy-moore_us_5a12ce98e4b0dd63b1ab903d?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
    edited November 2017
    This isn't politics or Hollywood, so I didn't where to post it. I randomly chose this one. Charlie Rose is our latest, and it sounds like he committed sexual assault on at least some of them. I love how these guys apologize for lewd behaviour and sexual assault and then claim they respect women in the same breath. Ridiculous. Anyway, Charlie is done. Suspended from CBS after 8 allegations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.daf5f6d08b3c&wpisrc=al_news__alert-national&wpmk=1

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

These people are such scums.  Crazy

The love he receives is the love that is saved
This discussion has been closed.