Brian Fallon

Comments

• marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    Got my tix for Boston. Wish he was coming back to CT, but I'll take it. Its soo far out though, May? Thats quite the wait. 
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    FYI I asked them about the vinyl package I ordered - They do not come with a download code (which is so ridiculous in my opinion) and the posters are rolled and tubed.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    pjpitt89 said:
    Got my tix with the code. Came to $30 each with fees from a non TM site.
    I had $12 in fees per ticket on a $22 ticket.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    pjpitt89 said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    I ordered the colored vinyl/signed poster as well.  I emailed this morning asking about the code.  I looked through the descriptions on all of the items, and the ones with the colored vinyl don't say pre-sale code access.  All the rest do.  But, at the top of the main page it says all pre-sale purchases get a code so I'm assuming it missing from the description is just an oversight.
    Yeah I noticed the same thing. After I ordered I have so many questions!!! Haha, not just the presale either. Does it come with digital tracks? Is the poster rolled or folded? I remember a "signed poster" was promo for Get Hurt delux vinyl as well and it was a signed lyric insert  :|
    As much as I love gaslight and all things related 

They have had the absolute WORST customer service and rarely clear with this sort of stuff. 

Was anyone one a member of the 45 RPM club? What a shit show.

I was so excited when they announced the 45 RPM Club and signed up on day 1, knowing that I didn't join 10C until the 2000's and thought how great it would be to be an early member etc. But you are correct, it was an absolute shambles. I know they had good intentions, but had no idea what goes into making a good fan club, logistically.

Since that time, I've sort of dropped off Gaslight and Brian, although I still keep up to date what he's doing, but have found most of Get Hurt and his solo stuff a bit bland for me. I still enjoy a song here and there, but find it missing a bit of energy or passion. I will give the new album a listen though as I do like his voice

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Went to the show at Public Arts in NYC today

great venue. Brian sounded great. Band is Ian Perkins and 2 new guys. No more Alex R. Not sure if that means anything. Actually don't think it does.

Forget Me Not was great live 

Here is setlist
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-fallon/2017/public-arts-at-the-public-hotel-new-york-ny-7be36ec4.html

and a new song I took video of 

https://youtu.be/rf-bGyW6gQA
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

great venue. Brian sounded great. Band is Ian Perkins and 2 new guys. No more Alex R. Not sure if that means anything. Actually don't think it does.

Here is setlist
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-fallon/2017/public-arts-at-the-public-hotel-new-york-ny-7be36ec4.html

Interesting that Alex isn't part of it anymore.  Awesome that he played blue jeans and white t-shirts....hopefully he starts mixing in more gaslight songs this tour.

Here is setlist

Interesting that Alex isn't part of it anymore.  Awesome that he played blue jeans and white t-shirts....hopefully he starts mixing in more gaslight songs this tour.
    Was thinking about this a bit and towards the end of the Painkillers tour he was playing Navesink and Blue Jeans quite a bit. And as discussed National Anthem. I even saw him do an awesome solo version of Stray Paper a few times 

You could even count Misery which even though the EP is literally Brian Solo it's credited to Gaslight
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i was late to the gaslight party. did not get into them until i heard rollin and tumblin on the sirius now defunct punk rock channel. bought that album and was hooked. immediately went out and got all of the back catalog.

bought painkillers when it came out and really liked it. saw him in concert last year and had a beer with him after the show and talked about guitars and amps. jared hart played guitar with him on that tour. both seemed to be nice guys.

heard the new song one time and hated it. listened to it again a few times and now i think it is great. im not a big fan of keyboards and they were really in the front end of the mix. seems like it will be great in a live setting though.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    i was late to the gaslight party. did not get into them until i heard rollin and tumblin on the sirius now defunct punk rock channel. bought that album and was hooked. immediately went out and got all of the back catalog.

bought painkillers when it came out and really liked it. saw him in concert last year and had a beer with him after the show and talked about guitars and amps. jared hart played guitar with him on that tour. both seemed to be nice guys.

heard the new song one time and hated it. listened to it again a few times and now i think it is great. im not a big fan of keyboards and they were really in the front end of the mix. seems like it will be great in a live setting though.

I am in this category too. got into them thru a good friend around the time that "Get Hurt" came out.

Had planned to go see them 3 times on that tour. 2 shows fell thru. glad I got to see them at least once in NYC.

brian solo show wasn't quite the same, although I love the Horrible Crowes stuff almost as much as Gaslight.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,586
    I picked up tickets to the Kansas City show on April 14. I saw him last year on his solo tour and he was great. Looking forward to another good show. 
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
    i got tix to st louis show. Was thinking about KC show too. 
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

you guys see this? amazing version of his new single. lyrics are really sad. great beatles reference though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkorEhoouIA

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If he mixed in more GA songs I would have more of an interest in seeing his solo shows... some of them sound incredible stripped down
    you guys see this? amazing version of his new single. lyrics are really sad. great beatles reference though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkorEhoouIA
    god damn i love this version of this song. never really heard the lyrics before.

you know. the more i listen to this, this version sounds like something that will play at the end of a movie while the end credits roll. like a movie where the young guy dies suddenly and his wife lives on. it sounds to me like goodbye. like forever. he is buried with letters she wrote him. he wonders if she will visit him after he dies. he wonders if she will remember him or just go on. the last verse he says if she had died he would visit her.

my2hands said:
    If he mixed in more GA songs I would have more of an interest in seeing his solo shows... some of them sound incredible stripped down
    he does mix some in sometimes. i think he is kind of like PJ in a way that he will throw in a random cover or an alternate version of a GA song or two. he tours with a different band each time he goes out. when i talked to him last year he said that these songs he is writing for solo records are not GA songs and they would not fit GA. that is why he records and tours as "brian fallon" so he can play whatever he wants.

Catching up. 

Track list is up. And next song is out - If You're Prayers Don't Get to Heaven. Got to see it live last month and liked it bug the studio version is incredible.

Also check out his interview with Matt Pinfield in his podcast. One of the most clear and open interviews Brian has ever given. Very open about songs old and new, Bruce and most importantly Gaslight.
  • Catching up. 

Track list is up. And next song is out - If You're Prayers Don't Get to Heaven. Got to see it live last month and liked it bug the studio version is incredible.

Also check out his interview with Matt Pinfield in his podcast. One of the most clear and open interviews Brian has ever given. Very open about songs old and new, Bruce and most importantly Gaslight.
    Agree that both songs from the album so far and the interview with Matt Pinfield are great.

Have you or anyone else heard any details about this Count Basie show in Jersey on January 14? I got a random email to buy tickets for it so I did, but then haven’t heard one detail about it from Fallon himself or the venue. 
    edited December 2017
    Catching up. 

Agree that both songs from the album so far and the interview with Matt Pinfield are great.

Have you or anyone else heard any details about this Count Basie show in Jersey on January 14? I got a random email to buy tickets for it so I did, but then haven’t heard one detail about it from Fallon himself or the venue. 
    I'll be there too. Seems like random people that bought Starland tickets got an invite. But not all. 

this article explains what the set up will be. Sadly the Smithereens were going to be the first ones the night before. Maybe Brian will cover a song for Pat.

https://www.newjerseystage.com/articles/getarticle.php?titlelink=count-basie-theatre-offers-a-hint-at-its-future-with-performance-by-the-smithereens-patty-smyth-and-scandal

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Catching up. 

The interview with Pinfield was really good.  Good to hear him say that he would definitely be open to playing shows with Gaslight again.  But it seems like that is so far off right now and that really bums me out.
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    See you on the other side.  wow, amazing and beautiful song
    Yeah terrific album closer

Seeing him tonight in Red Bank can't wait

What a set last night. 

Opened with a killer 59 Sound on piano. No one expected that. Have heard acoustic versions over the year but the piano version really highlighted how dark the lyrics were. It was great. Same could be said for Painkillers and Forget Me Not which were also played on piano. 

Heres a rewiew. Also saw some great YouTube clips I'll see if I can find 

https://amp.app.com/amp/1033226001?__twitter_impression=true
  • See you on the other side.  wow, amazing and beautiful song

What a set last night. 

Opened with a killer 59 Sound on piano. No one expected that. Have heard acoustic versions over the year but the piano version really highlighted how dark the lyrics were. It was great. Same could be said for Painkillers and Forget Me Not which were also played on piano. 

Heres a rewiew. Also saw some great YouTube clips I'll see if I can find 

https://amp.app.com/amp/1033226001?__twitter_impression=true
    Thought he nailed the Bruce cover as well. Overall a great, great night 
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,586
    I'm really enjoying the 4 tracks that have been released from the new album so far. Looking forward to the new album and seeing him in KC on April 14.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Picked up a ticket for his Minneapolis show tonight. 
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Picked up a ticket for his Minneapolis show tonight. 

Have an awesome night! :joy:
  • Everyone on leak watch for this one? I wasn't really sure if Painkillers could be topped in my mind, but I'm getting the feeling this album could beat it. If you haven't heard them yet, there are 90 second clips on iTunes for the whole album. I agree with you guys though, See You On The Other Side is a wonderful song and a great choice to end the album.
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    albums leaked
    albums leaked
    Beat me by a second. So far through Etta James. First thought is Horrible Crowes, Ryan Adams self titled hybrid feel. Mean that as a major compliment 
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited February 2018
    albums leaked
    Beat me by a second. So far through Etta James. First thought is Horrible Crowes, Ryan Adams self titled hybrid feel. Mean that as a major compliment 
    That sounds like a freaking great combo.  
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati