2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• A little bird told me be ready for two nights at Fenway in September 2018.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    mattl8787 said:
    A little bird told me be ready for two nights at Fenway in September 2018.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mattl8787 said:

• DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    mattl8787 said:
    Well-trusted birdie? :)
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Entering nastalgia act territory with ballpark tours.
    Fenway night 2 was one of the best concerts I have ever witnessed. Count me in for the nostalgia tour if that is what they are going to produce. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    The longest road trip in September is only 6 games.  A day to set up, concert 1, off day 1 / rain date 1, concert 2, off day 2 / rain date 2, tear down.  Seems too tight to me.
    Given the logistics, the dates would have to be September 19, 20, 21 or 22.
    CopperTom said:
    They have Aug 30th - September 7th off. 8 days in between. Plenty of time for 2 shows and start up/teardown. Plenty time for 3 shows now that I think about it. :wink:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    They have Aug 30th - September 7th off. 8 days in between. Plenty of time for 2 shows and start up/teardown. Plenty time for 3 shows now that I think about it. :wink:
    Still 6 days.  I'd guess September 6 is held for make-up games.  There is a game September 7.
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    Still 6 days.  I'd guess September 6 is held for make-up games.  There is a game September 7.
    It is 8 days off during that span.  Also they played on the Tuesday following the Sunday show in 2016. They do not need a lot of time to set up and tear down.  
    PJNB said
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    It is 8 days off during that span.  Also they played on the Tuesday following the Sunday show in 2016. They do not need a lot of time to set up and tear down.  
    No, it's 6 days.  It's only August 31, September 1, September 2, September 3, September 4 and September 5.  September 6 is an off day but not open.  September 7 is a game day.  I don't know how you're counting.
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    No, it's 6 days.  It's only August 31, September 1, September 2, September 3, September 4 and September 5.  September 6 is an off day but not open.  September 7 is a game day.  I don't know how you're counting.
    PM'd I do not think we need to stink up this thread anymore with our counting lol.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I hope it's not all US Stadium shows next year.... although I think it is very possible.... I assume they would play citizens bank park in philly so we won't have to worry about a road trip, no interest in travelling for stadium shows 
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    PJNB said:
    Fenway night 2 was one of the best concerts I have ever witnessed. Count me in for the nostalgia tour if that is what they are going to produce. 
    "Nostalgia act" concerts can still be sublime experiences, but it doesn't erase the fact that they are done by "nostalgia" artists.
    I agree with PJNB. I'm sure those of you who've seen Pearl Jam play a ballpark show had a fantastic time, but I'd rather the band played more traditional music venues -- or at least arenas -- rather than the limited-run "special" shows they have been doing.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    No more ballparks please. We had our fun, we got a movie out of it. Let’s end it at that. Or just keep it to Wrigley to make it more special. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    No more ballparks please. We had our fun, we got a movie out of it. Let’s end it at that. Or just keep it to Wrigley to make it more special. 
    Most big acts play stadium tours now so it's inevitable... I just hope they don't become the norm... but I can definitely see a 2018 USA Stadium tour happening
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I don't understand why people would lobby for less shows. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. I say play more ballparks, and more arena shows while they're at it. If they're up to it :)
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I want to explore cities I have not been to.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I wish they would just brake out and do a residency somewhere don't care where ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    I wish they would just brake out and do a residency somewhere don't care where ! 
    This would signal the beginning of the end for me if they did that. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    This would signal the beginning of the end for me if they did that. 
    The end for me will be when they stop putting out new records.   
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    Please god no more stadium shows. 
    It is a horrible setting for a concert. Terrible sound and sight lines.
    jdopj said:
    Please god no more stadium shows. 
    It is a horrible setting for a concert. Terrible sound and sight lines.
    My 5'3 girlfriend saw 0.0% of the Fenway show we attended.... definitely a bug reason we prefer arena concerts 

Don't get me wrong, we would attend stadium shows that were local and have fun, but definitely have a preference 
    Stadium shows are a novelty.  Fun a couple times.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    my2hands said:
    Most big acts play stadium tours now so it's inevitable... I just hope they don't become the norm... but I can definitely see a 2018 USA Stadium tour happening
    yah it was crazy this summer.  Metallica, U2, Tom Petty, GNR etc.. all played stadiums.    I loved the Wrigley shows but I was up front in the pit.  My friend (especially on night 1) was pretty far away.   I prefer arena shows, but if playing arena makes tickets almost impossible to buy, then you kind of need bigger venues.

I am surprised to hear rumours that PJ is going back to Fenway though.  Given the limited touring they do, you'd hope maybe they'd play places they didn't place on the last tour?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Stadium shows in Europe are awesome because they have the "golden circle" setup for 10club and demand is low enough.
    In the US?  Not so much.  Not nearly intimate enough.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Fenway 2 was one of the best shows that Pearl Jam has put on in the last decade. That had a lot to do with the setlist and bands performance but it also had a lot do with the venue, acoustics and fans. I am surprised at the backlash on the boards about not wanting more of this. I sat back near the grand stand at the 3 ballpark shows I went to and had a blast and can not wait to go again. Sounds like if this does happen next year I will be a lot closer though with all of the disinterest!  
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    I'd prefer arena shows over stadium shows but I'll take anything at this point!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    PJNB said:
    Fenway 2 was one of the best shows that Pearl Jam has put on in the last decade. That had a lot to do with the setlist and bands performance but it also had a lot do with the venue, acoustics and fans. I am surprised at the backlash on the boards about not wanting more of this. I sat back near the grand stand at the 3 ballpark shows I went to and had a blast and can not wait to go again. Sounds like if this does happen next year I will be a lot closer though with all of the disinterest!  
    I'm mostly agree with you.  I was at Wrigley in 2013 and at Fenway.  I thought they were amazing shows. But I think the venue choice was key.  Wrigley and Fenway are historic venues and that went a long way to making the shows special.  I would not be as excited to see them at Yankee stadium or citi field as those stadiums are less than 10 years old.  Don't get me wrong.  I would still be there but I think it loses a lot of the charm. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore