Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    What a beautiful Vault!  Great packaging as well!  TMR really knows how to take care of their customers!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    oh so excited, can't wait for this to arrive :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,630
    GREAT TO HEAR!  Mine comes tomorrow.  Did it come in a nice box like Roo or the Acoustic show?
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I forgot to cancel my renewal. I'm really hoping the next release is something I love. I'm not in a position to be pissing away $100 right now on TMR vinyl.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I forgot to cancel my renewal. I'm really hoping the next release is something I love. I'm not in a position to be pissing away $100 right now on TMR vinyl.
    Did you already get billed for the new one?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Wow. For the next quarter opt out. Wait until it's announced then sign back up a couple days before the deadline then you'll know what the next one is before you're billed.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Wow. For the next quarter opt out. Wait until it's announced then sign back up a couple days before the deadline then you'll know what the next one is before you're billed.
    That was my plan, but for some reason I always assumed the next one was announced before the quarterly payment. I guess not. Lesson learned. 

• Options
    JK_Livin said:
    That was my plan, but for some reason I always assumed the next one was announced before the quarterly payment. I guess not. Lesson learned. 

Hopefully you'll like the next one.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    mrussel1 said:
    GREAT TO HEAR!  Mine comes tomorrow.  Did it come in a nice box like Roo or the Acoustic show?
    Indeed it did!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    JK_Livin said:

I believe you are re-billed based upon the date you signed up for Third Man Records, or if you ever had to update your credit card, that also can change the date you are billed again.  It's not always going to be after they announce the new Vault.  
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    JK_Livin said:

I believe you are re-billed based upon the date you signed up for Third Man Records, or if you ever had to update your credit card, that also can change the date you are billed again.  It's not always going to be after they announce the new Vault.  
    This is correct- it's 3 months from when you were last billed, regardless of when it is during the vault period.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Got the new vault yesterday and it sounds and looks great but the box is kinda huge. Way bigger than it needs to be.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    It should arrive today or tomorrow. Can’t wait.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I should have mine on Friday. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Got the new vault yesterday and it sounds and looks great but the box is kinda huge. Way bigger than it needs to be.
    Are you referring to the depth of the box?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    ^^ Good quesitno.  I was assuming it was the same ~12x12 like his normal boxes.  Is that not the case?
    Mine arrives today...
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Yes it has a good inch of empty space inside the box. Height wise it's also bigger than it needs to be.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    edited September 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    Yes it has a good inch of empty space inside the box. Height wise it's also bigger than it needs to be.
    That's kind of standard operating procedure for the TMR vault boxes. I agree they should be smaller whenever possible. I don't personally appreciate having that much shelf space being used up for no good reason.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    So you can put your multiple copies in the box ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Probably has more to do with the construction of the box itself. If the box was thinner, the lid may not stay on as well as the 1" deep box.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    JK_Livin said:
    Probably has more to do with the construction of the box itself. If the box was thinner, the lid may not stay on as well as the 1" deep box.
    I got a boxset once where the lid attached to the base with embedded magnets, and I thought that was super cool. TMR should do that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    JK_Livin said:
    I got a boxset once where the lid attached to the base with embedded magnets, and I thought that was super cool. TMR should do that.
    The U2 Actung Baby box set has madnets
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    JK_Livin said:
    That is actually what I did.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Was hoping it would arrive today, now it’s looking more like Saturday. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Mine came.  Looks great.  The box is way too deep.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Wow, what a fucking set. Box may be a little too deep but they have to get it all in one box without anything getting jacked up in shipping. The presentation is great. I wish all the other box sets had labels on the spine like this. Interesting that Icky Thump is sealed. I wonder if that was just for shipping or another reason.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Wow, what a fucking set. Box may be a little too deep but they have to get it all in one box without anything getting jacked up in shipping. The presentation is great. I wish all the other box sets had labels on the spine like this. Interesting that Icky Thump is sealed. I wonder if that was just for shipping or another reason.
    The original was sealed as well, with the same sticker.  So I think they are just replicating it.  I was surprised that the there were two other records in the set.  For some reason I was thinking 45's or something.  Either way, it looks great as usual.  Box is beautiful, but deep.  I haven't had a chance to listen yet.  
  • Options
    The Copy of the Red Demos I received has the same label on both sides.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    Don't have any other copies of Icky thump...