###~~Dusseldorf Fanviews 21-6-07~~###

einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
edited August 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Soundcheck: Breath, You, In My Tree, Rats, Glorified G,

Main Set: Sometimes, Whipping, Brain of J, Do the Evolution, Insignificance, In Hiding, Severed Hand, Sad, I am Mine, Inside Job, Why Go, Daughter, Breath, State of Love and Trust, I'm Open, Come Back, Once, Life Wasted

Encore 1: I Believe in Miracles, Not For You/Modern Girl, Wasted Reprise, Black, Alive

Encore 2: Small Town, Given to Fly, Rats, Comatose, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

Supporting Act: Interpol, The Futureheads

This thread is reserved for the really lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    IM OPEN??????????

wow!!!!!!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    That's a good looking set!

No Even Flow again! Wow!
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    In Hiding!!!..nice!!!...and no even flow again
  • god I wish there were boots for the last 2 shows... so it goes
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    And why arent you at this show, Einat? Where are you???
    What a show. Just heard from Sandra, the RATS girl. Its been played for HER, Ed asked for her name and mentioned her towards the end in the song.
    I know I wasnt at the show, but Im sure she wont mind if I post it here now, since shes doing the whole tour and wont be posting so soon ;)
    What a night. :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    AMAZING
    no other owrds describe that setlist, unforunatly i was only there via the board :(
    i am going to give sandra the biggest hug next week when i see her
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    It is a rad poster and a great set list...bravo.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    AMAZING
    no other owrds describe that setlist, unforunatly i was only there via the board :(
    i am going to give sandra the biggest hug next week when i see her
    At least youll get to see her :(
    Give her two, one for me :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    einatshaul wrote:
    Main Set: Sometimes, Whipping, Brain of J, Do the Evolution, [/b]

Sweet Chocolate Jesus, what an opening four songs!!!
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    scpjfan wrote:
    Sweet Chocolate Jesus, what an opening four songs!!!

except for the entire set!
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    ok that is the coolest poster since DC
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Holy freakin' bats**t!!! This just really hurts reading this sitting at home in the U.S. Between this and Wembley, I feel like they're directly saying to a good bunch of us regulars who couldn't make this tour "how dare you not be here!" But I take great consolation in knowing that many good friends are over there seeing some amazing stuff! I think its high time we all mobilize and besiege ten club with requests for bootlegs of these non-festival shows that have been of ultra PJ magnitude!
    In Hiding, Breath and Rats all in one night? You lucky dawgs!!!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    Damn...the second time (of two) where Breath has been played at the show after the one I attended. This time, after London...last year after Milan.

This is one hell of a setlist, beats out London... and the poster is freaking sweet. Was so close to going...but didnt...fuck....damn....Breath for god sakes! So that one wil not be played in Copenhagen then....damn...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Hey Cropdustress,
    Clear out those personal messages so the one I just sent can get to ya.
    Rob
  • Pearl10.BRPearl10.BR Posts: 403
    chinobaeza wrote:

Uau !!!!
    *** My real identity: ReleasemePJ ***

*** "After silence, that wich comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music" ***(Aldous Huxley)

*** http://br.youtube.com/Pearl10 ***

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    "Sometimes, Whipping, Brain of J, Do the Evolution, Insignificance, In Hiding, Severed Hand, Sad"

That is just one fucking awesome start to a show WOW.:eek::eek::eek:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Uau !!!!
    very reminiscent of 2006 DC
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • The first one of the attendance to write a review...(1:46)

First the positive things: amazing setlist, spontaneous request: rats! band were in a good mood, eddie was in conversational mood...

But unfortunately: the arena SUCKS, the worst sound I ever experienced. For me as a long time fan it sometimes needed all my phantasy to imagine what the boys were doing. Echoes from behind and above made the sound a soup.
    the organisation sucked: official start of entry should have been 17:30, doors opened somewhat around 18:15. When I entered, Futureheads were already playing and the arena was filled at about 20%. Talked to a security: doors could not be opened earlier because somebody missed to inform the paramedics about the right time!
    When Interpol started, the arena was at 50%.
    When the guys came on stage, still not everybody was in - what a nightmare.

Whoever is responsible for the organization: he/she/they should reconsider their job...
  • pouch15 wrote:
    IM OPEN??????????
    Yes - but only as a 15 seconds teaser by ev
  • humanlitehumanlite Posts: 36
    WOW, nice setlist......i only wish i was there. come and play that in the us...........PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Sweet set. I'd say this is the best one so far.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Einat, I'm back in London tomorrow to look up Rita. Audio for rats, video for breath. Low quality, but hey, better than nothing.

Sid, I was going to give you a call during the songs. Then I realised it's impossible to call while videoing with one hand and rocking out with the other. I'm sure you understand. Even if I did find time to sms the setlist highlights to Gitta all the way in Vancouver.

It's a mixed feeling now that I'm back- had great fun pogoing in the pit, but I kinda lost some enjoyment on whatever the fuck happened on stage by trying to fend off a group of sweaty shirtless slam dancing circle pitters.

Rats and I'm Open are clearly firsts for me, but I think Wembley tops this one, if for no other reason than the fact that more friends were around in London.

Aussie Mullet represent!
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    holey shit that is a gooooood setlist BREATH!!! IM OPEN!!!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • hookemhookem Posts: 245
    Holy F#@K Balls, what a pretty little setlist. That one would have been fun.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Even Flow is becoming a rarity! >_> ok maybe not, but this set list kicks ass.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Interpol & Pearl Jam- Europe
    Kings of LEon & Pearl jam- Austrailia

Why cant that come to philly
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    I wish I was there....I need some audio and a poster..NEED..
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    :D x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    got to get some sleep, supposed to head off to Southside in 3 hours...if that is still on..

but :D

First I heard about Rats being soundchecked was someone reading it here and texting me...no-one there said anything about it (I would have been told!)

We got 1 setlist and Rats was NOT on it.. Ed just suddenly decide to play it..:o

Wash was on the setlist but was crossed out at before the second encore began.

Glorified G is the song that fell victim to my Rats..and I´m not apologising for it! :p 15 years Europe had been waiting for it!
    but I NEED that boot!...why oh why didn´t I tape today, however crap it generally ends up :(

....got to run try get some smily sleep

Jeff, we all feel for you...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789
    its a nice setlist.....

but its no cincy.....

hehehehehe......................

HOLY FUCKBALLS!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....