Repub Party

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
edited August 2017 in A Moving Train
What happened to them?

Why can't they get anything done despite controlling all branches of government?

And will they survive the trump impeachment/resignation?

Discuss.
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by The Juggler on

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    What happened to them?

Why can't they get anything done despite controlling all branches of government?

Discuss.
    at the very least, this debacle is showing me that at least some republicans give a shit about the electorate. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    What happened to them?

Discuss.
    at the very least, this debacle is showing me that at least some republicans give a shit about the electorate. 
    Susan Collins comes to mind...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    If Trump gets impeached or resigns, then Pence becomes president.  That would probably change the status quo of not getting anything pushed through.  It actually seems like the party itself is in great shape, though, and the best thing that could happen would be for Trump to be thrown out.  Then they could start pushing the "hero" rhetoric as they will still be in majority control.  I think that the Republicans are going to come out in droves at the next election and that the dems are going to have to be really united (no Bernie Sanders type situation) and a candidate that can pull votes from states other than CA and the like.  I may be very wrong, but I can totally see the Republicans holding the government for the next several years.  Time will tell...
    edited August 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    If Trump gets impeached or resigns, then Pence becomes president.  That would probably change the status quo of not getting anything pushed through.  It actually seems like the party itself is in great shape, though, and the best thing that could happen would be for Trump to be thrown out.  Then they could start pushing the "hero" rhetoric as they will still be in majority control.  I think that the Republicans are going to come out in droves at the next election and that the dems are going to have to be really united (no Bernie Sanders type situation) and a candidate that can pull votes from states other than CA and the like.  I may be very wrong, but I can totally see the Republicans holding the government for the next several years.  Time will tell...
    I agree that the best thing for the Republican Party would be for Trump to be thrown out. We finally agree on something.

And I'd be willing to bet that a vast majority of Republican lawmakers would love Pence to be in the Oval Office sooner than later because Trump is clearly in over his head and hurting their agenda with his daily self imposed blunders.

I would hope someone like John Kasich wins the nomination instead of Pence though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree that the best thing for the Republican Party would be for Trump to be thrown out. We finally agree on something.

And I'd be willing to bet that a vast majority of Republican lawmakers would love Pence to be in the Oval Office sooner than later because Trump is clearly in over his head and hurting their agenda with his daily self imposed blunders.

I would hope someone like John Kasich wins the nomination instead of Pence though. 
    I could vote for Kasich.  With the way things are going, though, we will be seeing president Camacho in the very near future!
    https://youtu.be/W9FN36iAN0g
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    http://theweek.com/speedreads/719817/paul-ryan-praises-trumps-afghanistan-war-speech-spars-nun-over-poverty-cnn-town-hall

This is a leader in the Repub party... listen to Ryan in the first video.
    Trump did not set any deadlines for ending the war, arguing that the U.S. "shouldn't telegraph our timetable for when we're leaving," because the Taliban would just "wait us out."
    My question: Does Ryan know that the Taliban lives in Afghanistan? They aren't "waiting us out" they are "living" there.

Then go down to the third video, the progressive favorite to challenge Ryan.... Ironstache Randy "I never met a pipeline I didnt like" Bryce!

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    What happened to them?

Discuss.
    In my opinion the GOP has become irrelevant.  The Dems had become more moderate and started to take over the GOP base.

The GOP counters by creating this fake world of Fox News/Breitbart/Infowars, etc. in order to get the ignorant, racist, blue collar voters under their wing.

tRump eeked out a win by summoning the worst of the worst out of their shitholes.  I'm still not convinced that the low margin of victory that tRump obtained in WI, MI and PA wasn't the result of something fishy.

Now the GOP can't explain their tax plan because trickle down has been exposed as bullshit.  It is difficult for GOP candidates to explain their stance on tax cuts for the rich at this point.

I still don't understand how this fucking idiot won.  I'm hoping this is one step back for us to take two steps forward.  So far that seems to be heading that direction.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Both of our major parties seem to be stalled on doing enough to effectively deal with global warming/climate change.  Neither party has acknowledge a very important  day each year called Earth Overshoot Day.  Both seem to be ignoring the looking at the looming energy crisis (solar panels and wind turbines will not produce the same amount of energy as cheap oil).  Neither party spends much if any time talking about over-population.  Neither party has come up with a viable solution to out massive debt.  Both parties see continued exploitation of natural resources to drive the economy as a good thing.

I'm only seeing surface differences between the two these days. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    brianlux said:
    Both of our major parties seem to be stalled on doing enough to effectively deal with global warming/climate change.  Neither party has acknowledge a very important  day each year called Earth Overshoot Day.  Both seem to be ignoring the looking at the looming energy crisis (solar panels and wind turbines will not produce the same amount of energy as cheap oil).  Neither party spends much if any time talking about over-population.  Neither party has come up with a viable solution to out massive debt.  Both parties see continued exploitation of natural resources to drive the economy as a good thing.

I can't agree with that....if one party (GOP) mostly dismisses that climate change even exists then that is more than a surface difference
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited August 2017
    brianlux said:

I can't agree with that....if one party (GOP) mostly dismisses that climate change even exists then that is more than a surface difference
    Most actually do believe in climate change (though neither party is doing enough about it).  See map at link:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/21/climate/how-americans-think-about-climate-change-in-six-maps.html

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

I could vote for Kasich.  With the way things are going, though, we will be seeing president Camacho in the very near future!
    We pretty much have him right now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Close, but not quite.  I think Camacho is still a generation or two away.  Isn't "The Rock" rumored to be throwing his hat in the next ring?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Close, but not quite.  I think Camacho is still a generation or two away.  Isn't "The Rock" rumored to be throwing his hat in the next ring?
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/264752/dwayne-the-rock-johnson-for-potus#latest
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    When will they wake us from our national nightmare?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Kid Rock is mulling over a senate run in Michigan.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Despite the muscles and former career, Trump is more Camacho than Johnson.
    The Rock speaks in complete sentences with a vocabulary above grade school.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

Kid Rock is mulling over a senate run in Michigan.
    He and The Rock should run together as Rock/Rock.  If they did and went up against Paper/Paper and Scissors/Scissors, things would really get dicey and someone would get crushed or flattened.

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited August 2017

Post edited by Degeneratefk on
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

Backwards thinking.

Shouldn't replublicans be happy to see their leader reach across the aisle to get something, anything accomplished?

Trump gets cozy with Democrats, and Republicans say "I told you so"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/trumps-dealmaking-weakens-gop-242469

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Backwards thinking.

Shouldn't replublicans be happy to see their leader reach across the aisle to get something, anything accomplished?

Trump gets cozy with Democrats, and Republicans say "I told you so"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/07/trumps-dealmaking-weakens-gop-242469

Are you kidding? "If you're not with us, you're with the terrorists."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©

Brilliantati©

Brilliantati©
  • To answer your opening question OP the Repub party is in power and has gone nowhere and is likely to survive all allegations unless something more than Russia or ptape is brought forward. 

To answer your opening question OP the Repub party is in power and has gone nowhere and is likely to survive all allegations unless something more than Russia or ptape is brought forward. 

Why can't they get anything done?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • To answer your opening question OP the Repub party is in power and has gone nowhere and is likely to survive all allegations unless something more than Russia or ptape is brought forward. 

Because they're the party of this guy.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/09/12/ted-cruz-just-liked-hardcore-porn-video-twitter/

How'd he vote on that pork filled disaster relief aid bill for Texas, by the way? Nice to see he and his party have principles.

Brilliantati©
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    To answer your opening question OP the Repub party is in power and has gone nowhere and is likely to survive all allegations unless something more than Russia or ptape is brought forward. 

Because they're the party of this guy.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/09/12/ted-cruz-just-liked-hardcore-porn-video-twitter/

How'd he vote on that pork filled disaster relief aid bill for Texas, by the way? Nice to see he and his party have principles.
    "someone posted to his Twitter feed"
This discussion has been closed.