Donald Trump

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    ^^^
    No.  That shit was always there. Ignoring it does not make it go away.

Then please explain what you meant, because in the context of the conversation, your post and the one to which you replied, it seems that you are applauding the Nazis' new found victory over the censorship that society has imposed on them.

This is a serious topic and I don't think you want to be banned for shamelessly trolling it.

Now I appear to applauding Nazis'.  Good grief.
    Perhaps if you took the time to write your thoughts out in a mature and thoughtful manner, and clarified your responses when asked, you wouldn't be in such a position.
    Any reader of the English language would have to be quite inventive and liberal in interpreting your post to mean anything else.
    So until I do I appear to be a dick, troll and a Nazi supporter. Got it.
    They were your words, if you are not a native English speaker then I will retract my interpretation, otherwise I don't know what else you could have meant.
    Feel free to explain what you meant, that would be a refreshing change of pace for you.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Eventually people no matter what they believe in will find a place to express it. It is only natural.  Wrong or right.  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    edited August 2017
    rgambs said:
    I'm not complaining at all when I say this.  I get called a dick and troll for even being perceived as having anything but hate for President Trump.  It's a very odd feeling.
    No, you get called a troll because you inject Trump into every topic with posts that only rarely make sense.
    You respond with unrelated posts that aren't relevant or even cogent and the clear intent is to flamebait, which is clearly stated as being against the forum posting rules.
    An example is when you posted this in the Concept of God thread: "I guess to put in context what god is as a non-believer through a believers eyes would be like trying to explain that President Trump is real and that many people believe in him.  Yet so many don't and can't get that fact through some heads."
    It's trickier to strictly define such Trump trolling within the Trump thread, but the overall intent is clear, you enjoy the discomfort that most of us have with Trump, and you seek to increase and remind us of that comfort as often as you can.  That is trolling.
    Hear hear
  • ^^^
    As I said.  It's a very odd feeling.  This thread should be re-named to "Only post here if you hate Trump and only have bad things to say about him or else thread".

Eventually people no matter what they believe in will find a place to express it. It is only natural.  Wrong or right.  
    And do you believe that expression or lack thereof occurs at random, or are there societal and circumstantial factors that precipitate the expression or lack thereof?
  • ^^^
    I believe that at the end of the day people need to express or at least divulge what they think.  Some go about it the wrong way though.  

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    Kat said:
    Michael, still here‏ @Home_Halfway

This is Heather Heyer. She was killed by the Nazi who ran people over in #Charlottesville.

She died fighting white supremacy. Remember her.

Do we care that an innocent was murdered or do we continue to co-opt her death to vindicate our political beliefs?
    Nice try, nobody here short of a few members who are in the cult of Donald buy your BS.

But keep trying to justify your vote for Trump. 
    It was a vote swap...remember?  Seems like a good idea about now.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    Kat said:

This is Heather Heyer. She was killed by the Nazi who ran people over in #Charlottesville.

Do we care that an innocent was murdered or do we continue to co-opt her death to vindicate our political beliefs?
    Nice try, nobody here short of a few members who are in the cult of Donald buy your BS.

tell me what I'm selling?
    tell me why Im justifying a vote?
    tell me what I think is wrong with the president to feel the need to justify?

I'm always trying to learn more about myself.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,768
    Since the alt-right attribute their inspiration to trump themselves...

Ex-KKK Leader David Duke Says White Supremacists Will ‘Fulfill’ Trump’s Promises

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said. “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump.”

As the official start of the “Unite the Right” rally kicked off in Charlottesville, Virginia, former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said the gathering of white supremacists, neo-Nazis and far-right individuals pointed to a future fulfillment of President Donald Trump’s “promises.”

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country,” said Duke in video uploaded to Twitter by Indianapolis Star photojournalist Mykal McEldowney. “We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump. Because he said he’s going to take our country back. That’s what we gotta do.”

In a tweet, Trump condemned “hate” and “violence” in response to clashes at the rally on Saturday, though he did not call out white supremacists in particular.

Duke responded to Trump’s tweet by stating that Trump should “remember” that “White Americans’ were the ones to put him in office.

Duke, a former KKK Grand Wizard, has long connected his message of white supremacy to ideas espoused by the president.

continued at
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-duke-charlottesville-rally-trump_us_598f3ca8e4b0909642974a10?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Falling down,...not staying down
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited August 2017
    ^^^
    That guy and group are nuts.  We all know that.  They use President Trump for their voice.  That still doesn't make what the believe in true.  Let me get this straight, the press now wants President Trump to call out white supremacy?  Is that why people are angry now?

^^^
    I believe that at the end of the day people need to express or at least divulge what they think.  Some go about it the wrong way though.  

You didn't answer my question.
    What makes people express or divulge, and what makes them refrain from doing so?
    ^^^
    That guy and group are nuts.  We all know that.  They use President Trump for their voice.  That still doesn't make what the believe in true.  Let me get this straight, the press now wants President Trump to call out white supremacy?  Is that why people are angry now?

Do you not think that he should?
    ^^^

you're trying too hard to take away their "I told you so moment", don't. Let them have it, someone was killed, emotions and fervor is running high. You can't and won't win this one.
    look for the paradox and hypocrisy then point it out once the dust settles and the facts present themselves.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    Kat said:

Oh yeah, silly me, I forgot. Well that should make it all okay then.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:
    ^^^

you're trying too hard to take away their "I told you so moment", don't. Let them have it, someone was killed, emotions and fervor is running high. You can't and won't win this one.
    look for the paradox and hypocrisy then point it out once the dust settles and the facts present themselves.
    Ah yes, that elusive 3D chess that only a Trump supporter (you) can understand. 
  • rgambs said:
    ^^^

What makes people express or divulge, and what makes them refrain from doing so?
    Rules.  Like this forum.  Everyone must follow them (myself included).  It we stray untoward we are stopped.
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    JC29856 said:
    Kat said:

tell me why I think its a bad idea now?

I'm always willing to learn more about myself.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    JC29856 said:
    ^^^

The guy who believes in the Pizza Gate and Seth Rich conspiracies is telling the blind Trump supporter here to let the dust settle and wait for the facts to present themselves.

After yesterday I needed a laugh. Thank you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • rgambs said:
    ^^^

Do you not think that he should?

That is a question that does not need an answer.  
    rgambs said:
    ^^^

Rules.  Like this forum.  Everyone must follow them (myself included).  It we stray untoward we are stopped.
    So what has changed that Nazis no longer feel constrained by those rules?
  • rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    ^^^

The only answer that you'll accept is Donald Trump.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    edited August 2017
    dignin said:
    This is Donald Trump's America.

I fear that it is only going to get worse...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JC29856 said:
    ^^^

The guy who believes in the Pizza Gate and Seth Rich conspiracies is telling the blind Trump supporter here to let the dust settle and wait for the facts to present themselves.

After yesterday I needed a laugh. Thank you.
    we've your finished laughing, tell me other conspiracy theories I believe.

I'm always willing to learn more about myself.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    ^^^

The only answer that you'll accept is Donald Trump.
    Do you have another?
    I'll consider it fairly if you do.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    I'm not complaining at all when I say this.  I get called a dick and troll for even being perceived as having anything but hate for President Trump.  It's a very odd feeling.
    That odd feeling you have is embarrassment and shame. It's sad you can't/won't/don't comprehend why you're being treated like a social pariah. Irredeemable, even.

"We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people -- now 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks -- they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America." -hrc

How prescient....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • ^^^

Good Gawd, man.

Is it stricty coincidence we have seen a meteoric spike in public demonstrations for white supremacy?

Those rats used to hide in the dark and be secretive with their obscene behaviour because it was intolerable until about a year or so ago. You know damn well Trump has provided the light for these rodents to exhibit themselves. 

This is the point of his racist base that he appealed to while campaigning. Every one of those idiots voted for him- not to mention every one of the idiots that aren't willing to publically demonstrate their hateful beliefs voted for him as well. Racists and morons thumping their chests in the faces of good people- making a mockery of democracy.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,119
    Tiki said:
    8 months in with Trumpito...on the verge of nuclear war and Nazis marching in the streets.

And zero proof that President Trump caused this.

You can possibly say this however, what you may fail to see is that since Trump ran for President and became President some of his supporters have become emboldened to do horrific acts like what happened yesterday. The same could be said under President Obama that some African Americans became emboldened as well, I'm not sure if they took that stance to commit violent acts such as yesterday.

What IS NEEDED TODAY is our President to step forward and say to the citizenry and denounce the terrorist act and those who backed up that violence. Saying *many sides* gives those who were commiting the violence yesterday that its ok that this behavior we can continue. If Ivanka who is NOT the leader of this country can call these POLTROONS out by name as to what they are, surely this President must do the same just to bring some civility back to this country.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

This discussion has been closed.