The Pizza Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    rgambs said:
    Someone should make a reality TV show called "New York Pizza Snobs"
    Yes!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Yes!!!!!
    I'm in!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:
    gambo, have you checked out The Pizza Show on Viceland?  They're not snobs but love / know their pizza!
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    gambo, have you checked out The Pizza Show on Viceland?  They're not snobs but love / know their pizza!
    Awesome show!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Dare call it 'za, get kneed in the dough balls.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Or kneaded in the dough balls?
    (I amuse myself)

Fuck that 'za shit, Hobbesy.  Like an extra syllable or three letters would kill someone.

High-five, gruff!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    If you feel the need, Hedo.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Hobbes said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvIyy7Yy3nc
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hobbes said:
    Double knees for just calling it a pie.

Oh shit, I'm at odds with the NYPS again!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    hedonist said:
    rgambs said:
    I have heard amazing things about Viceland, but we don't have television service​.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    It is a Pie and I like when people drop the Piz.
    Who needs a Piz?  (Me after about 6 Coors Lights)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2017
    rgambs said:
    Hobbes said:
    Double knees for just calling it a pie.

Oh shit, I'm at odds with the NYPS again!
    No, you're not. Pie makes you one of us!

Edit: Of course, if you call a slice a piece, then you're back out of the club. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    ^^^  Tyrion?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^  Tyrion?
    :weary:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    My friend talked me into a slice of "lasagna pizza" at I ♡ NY Pizza today. It wasn't bad, but really wasn't great. My friend loved it. Ricotta cheese on pizza?? Thoughts?
    My friend talked me into a slice of "lasagna pizza" at I ♡ NY Pizza today. It wasn't bad, but really wasn't great. My friend loved it. Ricotta cheese on pizza?? Thoughts?
    ricotta cheese on pizza equates to white pie to me.  lasagna pizza just sounds disgusting.
    Pepperoni pie on the way.  
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    mcgruff10 said:
    ricotta cheese on pizza equates to white pie to me.  lasagna pizza just sounds disgusting.
    Yeah...it looked better than it sounds. And better than it tasted. Lol
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I love a good hawaiian pizza, although it's much better with pepperoni or chorizo or cappicolla. Sweet/salty/spicy, yuuummmmmm.

That is a sandwich, not a pizza.  :lol:

Pineapple and pepperoni pizza is a sandwich? I'm don't think I'm understanding you, lol. People put pineapple on sandwiches?

My go-to pizza place puts sesame seeds on its crust. It is a surprisingly delicious yet subtle addition.

PJ_Soul, when I lived in Victoria Zombies Pizza was my go to place.  Is that still kicking? I can't find a pic of the pizza.  
    I have never heard of it, but I don't really know Victoria very well. I've only been there a handful of times over the years.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    my favorite pizza in my old home town, worthington, ohio. I love the nearly burnt pepperoni. I have been known to eat there twice a day when I visit.

Where is that, Rob?  Next time I'm in Columbus I'm gonna have to head up the Olentangy and try it out.

a place called villa nova....high street on the south edge of worthington. great food!

F'me....squares, not strips....makes it easy to say "maybe just one more piece." :smiley:
    $12.50 for a large.  Affordable!
    Looked through the Yelp and the pepp does look delicious time after time.

The Hawaiian is a crime against fucking pizza humanity however.  (Every version of that pizza is, ugggh.)

That doesn't even resemble pizza.  Way too many toppings.  I m guessing their sauce sucks. 
    Agreed. While I love pineapple on a pizza, those toppings are out of control and way too chunky. How a pie is put together is just as important as the ingredients.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Had some Big John's square pie this weekend at a family party.  They are all worshippers at the Big John altar and drive to the shit-pit of a location miles away to pick it up.  Sauce was sweet, and I enjoyed it.

• guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I'm a bit of a pizza snob and always prefer certified neapolitan style over all others.
    Such as my local pizza place....Pizzeria Locale in Boulder....

Nice & crispy, just the way I like it!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Growing up in VT, the pizza was shit unless you made it yourself.  (My parents were both from NYC so I learned at an early age what real pizza was)

That being the case, I would go through the frozen pizzas to find what I liked.

My favorite?
    The frozen chef boyardee old school pepperoni pizza.  Cardboard crust?  Shitty little chunks of pepperoni.
    I loved it.

These days I actually would choose the pepperoni digiorno.  Make sure to leave it in until the pepperoni starts to burn a little.

If you have to go Frozen....what do you prefer?
    I'm a NYC pizza snob also. It's the first thing I go out & eat after I land at Laguardia when I go back to visit. Almost never do frozen pizza.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited July 2017
    I've seen the term pizza snob thrown out a few times in this thread.  I don't understand the concept of being a pizza "snob" (or any type of food [*1] or beverage for that matter).  There are so many great pizzerias and pies out there - in the country and in the world - get out and enjoy as many as you can!  Chicago and New York aren't the only places that make pizza.  Down with the two-party pizza system!

[*1] Except that ketchup doesn't go on hot dogs. But that's a different thread for another day.
    I've seen the term pizza snob thrown out a few times in this thread.  I don't understand the concept of being a pizza "snob" (or any type of food [*1] or beverage for that matter).  There are so many great pizzerias and pies out there - in the country and in the world - get out and enjoy as many as you can!  Chicago and New York aren't the only places that make pizza.  Down with the two-party pizza system!

[*1] Except that ketchup doesn't go on hot dogs. But that's a different thread for another day.
    No no, you can't drop bombs like that and expect no insurgency!
    Ketchup doesn't go on hotdogs???
    What else is it good for if not hotdogs?  That's, like, the second best possible use of ketchup behind french fries!

edited July 2017
    rgambs said:

What else is it good for if not hotdogs?  That's, like, the second best possible use of ketchup behind french fries!

Ketchup does not go on hot dogs.  My brother does this.  (Ketchup is good for burgers)
    Mustard.
    If you must, Mustard and onions.

I do love Chicago Dogs but they are a whole different deal.

And, I am a Sushi Snob.  1000%.  (I think there is justification for that term...lol)

I had a salad for lunch -- but I was thinking about Pizza.
    edited July 2017
    rgambs said:

Ketchup definitely does not belong on hot dogs - this is actually a thing, haha.
    Okay, obviously people can and do put whatever the hell they want on hot dogs, lol. But it is definitely a pretty widely agreed upon thing that ketchup on a hot dog is gauche at best. :lol:
    When I lived in Tucson I ate an obese person's fair share of Sonoran hot dogs.
    I really enjoy a Cincy Chili dog as well.
    Hot dog snobs probably wouldn't approve of either lol

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    This weekend we rock Portland