Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    Hobbes said:
    Had pizza from another new-to-me place last night. Looked so damn good (and I was famished) that I forgot to take pictures. I dug some up online though:

Oh yeah, baby! Fucking delicious!

great looking pie!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    You ve never had real pizza before. ;)
    :angry:
    NYPS's

Damn New York Pizza Snobs
    :anguished:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Left overs from lunch. Yum.  See the orange Allie?  ;)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    mcgruff10 said:
    Left overs from lunch. Yum.  See the orange Allie?  ;)
    Yup, that is very orange. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    We ordered pizza last night in Cooperstown after we got back late night.  It was what we all determined was the worst piZza we'd ever had.  
    It was so bad we repurposed it as bread with dinner tonight and were still laughing about what shit it was.
    This was worse than getting The Lou Malnatis (aka getting the Lou's.....aka Explosive Diarrhea)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Got a couple of pies (margherita and Detroit) from a new "craft pizza" place that opened up in my town. 

I don't know why I keep giving these places up here a chance. Hope springs eternal, I guess. 

I will say that outside the OG Santarpio's and Regina, it was the best pizza I've had in Massachusetts, but that is not really saying much.

The owners were a nice Italian couple, though, and I want to see them succeed. I think this might be the go-to for the kids' movie night, and I can just get a salad or something. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    North east Pennsylvania sucks at making pizza.  Shit looks straight out of a dominos cook book. Kalahri resort, poconos, Pennsylvania 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Did they lay one giant slice of mozzarella on it? 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    mcgruff10 said:
    North east Pennsylvania sucks at making pizza.  Shit looks straight out of a dominos cook book. Kalahri resort, poconos, Pennsylvania 
    Cheap cheese.
  • Options
    Did they lay one giant slice of mozzarella on it? 
    It was just nasty.   Crust was like cardboard, sauce was garbage and the cheese was just plain gross.  And of course they charge $24 a pie since we were at a resort.  This is the second time in a month that I ate pizza in north east pa and both times they have been terrible.
  • Options
    This pizza comes from the best mom and pop pizzeria in my fair city. You smell the dough when you walk in and it's dad and uncle cooking with mom and daughter as the hostess and waitress:

I brought this home for my son and his girlfriend- my wife, daughter and I ate in.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    edited August 2017
    Thirty....that looks overcooked?

Mcgruff....I we went to Kalahari last year with my family.  We had such a great time...we are in the middle of our family vacation right now
    ..out in Cooperstown NY and the 12 year old is part of an amazing week long tournament. (Baseball of course)
    Our three year old was upset when we got to our rental house.  "I thought this was our vacation!?  When can I go on the water slides?"
    He thought vacation meant Kalahari.

I liked many things about that vacation.  The pizza was one thing that we all agreed sucked.  Everyone, even the baby, thought the pizza was awful.

NJ pizza snob, even at 2 years old on vacation at Kalahari Resorts!
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bite of the tip of the bottom left one looks good (NOT a euphemism).

F Me, keep raising your kiddos right ;)
  • Options
    This pizza comes from the best mom and pop pizzeria in my fair city. You smell the dough when you walk in and it's dad and uncle cooking with mom and daughter as the hostess and waitress:

I brought this home for my son and his girlfriend- my wife, daughter and I ate in.
    One of those sliced 'ronis looks like something. I can't quite put my finger on it. :pensive:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    You guys are teasing me.

I'm eating that pizza as I type. It's delicious.
  • Options
    Thirty....that looks overcooked?

Mcgruff....I we went to Kalahari last year with my family.  We had such a great time...we are in the middle of our family vacation right now
    ..out in Cooperstown NY and the 12 year old is part of an amazing week long tournament. (Baseball of course)
    Our three year old was upset when we got to our rental house.  "I thought this was our vacation!?  When can I go on the water slides?"
    He thought vacation meant Kalahari.

I liked many things about that vacation.  The pizza was one thing that we all agreed sucked.  Everyone, even the baby, thought the pizza was awful.

NJ pizza snob, even at 2 years old on vacation at Kalahari Resorts!
    Yeah the kids had an absolute blast! The place Is way overpriced in terms of buying things at the hotel. ($4 for coffee, $11 vodka/club, $55 for rope course, etc.) And it took me 90 minutes to check in!!!
    next year we might try great wolf lodge. 
    Dirty, is that well done pizza?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:

One of those sliced 'ronis looks like something. I can't quite put my finger on it. :pensive:
    Ya sick fucker.  I see it too =)

Thirty, leftover pizza makes for a stellar breakfast.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Woke up eager to have at it.

Haters stll hating lol! And making fun of my pepperonis too now. "I see a... I see a..." lol (I do see a... though).
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Haters stll hating lol! And making fun of my pepperonis too now. "I see a... I see a..." lol (I do see a... though).
    Dirty, 10 slices in a pie? What the heck?
    and what is the second topping? Mutton? Elk?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Piss up a rope.

You know... I resisted making some comments on some of the crappy pies I've seen splashed on this thread. No more, man. No more. Gloves are off.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Piss up a rope.

You know... I resisted making some comments on some of the crappy pies I've seen splashed on this thread. No more, man. No more. Gloves are off.
    Oh damn!  It s on!!! ;)
    so is it mutton?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Piss up a rope.

Oh damn!  It s on!!! ;)
    so is it mutton?
    Oh it's on. Big time, Mr. Orange Cheese.

(it's moose lol)
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Piss up a rope.

Oh damn!  It s on!!! ;)
    so is it mutton?
    Oh it's on. Big time, Mr. Orange Cheese.

(it's moose lol)

Nice!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Piss up a rope.

:lol: I feel ya man! I have also been resisting the temptation to trash people's pizzas, but aside from the extreme orangeness of some of these things, thought it was rude to insult their favorite pizzas. I guess I misjudged the mood. Snobby pizza criticism is the norm here! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Piss up a rope.

:lol: I feel ya man! I have also been resisting the temptation to trash people's pizzas, but aside from the extreme orangeness of some of these things, thought it was rude to insult their favorite pizzas. I guess I misjudged the mood. Snobby pizza criticism is the norm here! :lol:
    Awwww stop. It was only dirty.  All fun here.  If I offended you guys I am truly sorry. 
    I am off to order some orange pizza. 
  • Options
    Canadian moose knuckle pizza.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    dankind said:
    I'm only into Camel Toe pizza... Moose knuckles are a no, no...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    dankind said:
    I, too, prefer red sauce over white. :lol:
  • Options
    A little Sicilian for dinner. Delish
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I, too, prefer red sauce over white. :lol: