Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,834
    I m heading to north eastern Pennsylvania tomorrow and I can only wonder what kind of pizza they will have in the area. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    My MIL dies that.  Hate seeing it

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I have been known to fix a terrible frozen pizza with dipping spices, salt, hot sauce, and the cardboard crust dipped in ranch dressing in my day.
    There isn't much, ketchup notwithstanding, that is off the table when your dealing with a Red Baron and you've got the munchies.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    My MIL dies that.  Hate seeing it

My condolences ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Ha!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Mushrooms are acceptable on my pizza if Giada makes it for me.

She could make me a pizza with mushrooms & brussels sprouts with a squid ink sauce and I'd eat the damn thing.  I mean, are ya really gonna tell her "no?"
  • Options
    No.

(I would not tell her no!)
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,117
    Some nice ripe tomatoes in that pic
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    CROJAM95 said:
    I don't know. Might need to give 'em a gentle squeeze to be sure. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    The only "pizza dip" of which I'm aware. 

What is it? Oil with crushed peppers?
    Yes, it's olive oil infused with crushed red peppers, and possibly some garlic and oregano. I could not find a Google image of the chili oil they have at Juliana's or Lucali in Brooklyn; this looks closest. 
    I love sprinkling the crushed peppers on a pizza, but I wouldn't want to add any oil. Pizza is usually oily enough without drizzling more on top of it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

Yes, it's olive oil infused with crushed red peppers, and possibly some garlic and oregano. I could not find a Google image of the chili oil they have at Juliana's or Lucali in Brooklyn; this looks closest. 
    I love sprinkling the crushed peppers on a pizza, but I wouldn't want to add any oil. Pizza is usually oily enough without drizzling more on top of it.
    It's for your leftover crust.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:

It's for your leftover crust.
    oohhhh. Yeah, that sounds good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,117
    dankind said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    I don't know. Might need to give 'em a gentle squeeze to be sure. 
    Gentle is the key word

squeeze them tomatoes too hard, you might have some premature sauce to deal with

no one wants that

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Poncier said:
    Haha! Agreed. A little spicy mustard and some kraut. Perfection! Ketchup just destroys the taste and smothers it. It's like adding sugar to tea. Yuck!

To stay on topic, I found an awesome recipe for a smoky cashew cheese pizza with kale and sweet potatoes sliced on top. That thing was so damn good.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I am not on board with the vegan insanity of calling things cheese when they are not cheese.

I love how everyone venerates the hotdog like it some precious commodity ruined by ketchup lol
    It's junk!  It's not even meat!  It's little bits of gristle ground and bound.

• Options
    rgambs said:
    I am not on board with the vegan insanity of calling things cheese when they are not cheese.

I love how everyone venerates the hotdog like it some precious commodity ruined by ketchup lol

I don't know that it's insanity. It's just the best way to describe the taste and texture.

Yeah, hot dogs are disgusting, but there are obviously significant differences in quality.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:

I don't know that it's insanity. It's just the best way to describe the taste and texture.

Yeah, hot dogs are disgusting, but there are obviously significant differences in quality.
    Cheese substitute is acceptable to me.  That's what it is.  It is not cheese.

I enjoy hotdogs as much as the next guy, but it's not some quality piece of meat that is ruined by any particular condiment.
    Don't put ketchup or relish on a steak, chop, or roast, sure, but you can't ruin a scrapmeat tubesteak with a condiment.  It's a silly idea and I reject the premise altogether, especially when it's proponents accept ketchup on a higher quality meat and bun combo, the hamburger.  There's no rhyme or reason, just dogma.

Maybe there needs to be a thread for food rules.
    From the obvious and inviolable: Don't put ketchup on a filet!
    To the silly and meritless: Don't put ketchup on a hotdog.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Hotdogma?
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    Hotdogma?
    :clap:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Had lunch here yesterday.  it was good.  Had 3 different slices.  2 were much better than the other.

https://www.rionepizza.com/

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:
    Hobbes said:
    Hotdogma?
    :clap:
    He's on a roll :sunglasses:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Picked up a couple of these in the market the other day.  Had the thin crust mozzarella & pesto.  It's actually pretty decent for a frozen pie.  Also picked up the classic vegetable & goat cheese and pepperoni.

• Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:

I enjoy hotdogs as much as the next guy, but it's not some quality piece of meat that is ruined by any particular condiment.
    Don't put ketchup or relish on a steak, chop, or roast, sure, but you can't ruin a scrapmeat tubesteak with a condiment.  It's a silly idea and I reject the premise altogether, especially when it's proponents accept ketchup on a higher quality meat and bun combo, the hamburger.  There's no rhyme or reason, just dogma.

You are choosing to view it as a substitute for something due to your food preferences. I'm going to wager that you also then don't like anything besides cow milk being called milk? You food segregationist!
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited July 2017

Most pizza in Phoenix is shit, but Pizzeria Bianco is one of the few places that lived up to the hype. 
  • Options
    I just asked someone about that place the other day - read it was really good.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:

You are choosing to view it as a substitute for something due to your food preferences. I'm going to wager that you also then don't like anything besides cow milk being called milk? You food segregationist!
    :lol:

Well rgambs, I for one have really been intrigued and amused by how torn up you've been over the fact that ketchup doesn't belong on a hotdog, hahaha, so I really hope you do start a food rules thread!! :)
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I just asked someone about that place the other day - read it was really good.
    I love it. Good place for a date. Bar next store for when there's a long wait. Can make a night out of it.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

Most pizza in Phoenix is shit, but Pizzeria Bianco is one of the few places that lived up to the hype. 
    I just heard this guy on the new ringer food podcast with joe house, which is awesome by the way. Sounds like a stand up guy. Next time I'm out, this is on the menu 
  • Options

I just heard this guy on the new ringer food podcast with joe house, which is awesome by the way. Sounds like a stand up guy. Next time I'm out, this is on the menu 
    I've been there probably a half dozen times and never been disappointed. It's been quite awhile though. On the weekends there was always an incredibly long wait due to the size. I'm not sure if that has changed since they opened other locations, but the one in Heritage Square is the one to go to. Bar Bianco next store and I think there is still The Rose and Crown down there too. Also in walking distance of plenty of places to grab a drink.