Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

Comments

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited May 2017
    I contacted Hal Leonard about the lack of solos and they indicated that the book would have been too long if they were to include all the solos.  (I pointed out to them that I own the Beatles complete scores book which is also published by Hal Leonard, and that book has 200 songs and is 1,130 pages and it has all the solos.  They didn't respond to that).  They said all the guitar parts are in the book (fills, etc) with the major exception of the solos. 
    it's a stupid justification, plain and simple.. and if you think about it, some albums are actually quite skinny in terms of guitar solos (Vitalogy, No Code, Binaural, Backspacer).. anyway, I don't understand why people is surprised now, since the preview pages clearly showed no solos.
    and about ALL the guitar parts are there.. well, another lie.. In 'Alive' there are at least two omissions (apart from the solo, of course): during the verse, there's that little fill/variation during the riff (not indicated in the book).. and that thing Stone plays after the first shorter guitar solo, Mike plays the chorus chords twice (E, G, D, A) and Stone does that fill (again, not indicated in the book).. Not to mention the bridge is not correct the way is tabbed on the book, that B chord is not played in that position, and there's an E flat note played too during that part..
    I don't know.. if you are buying this to add somethnig to your PJ collection, or you just picked up a guitar and never played these songs before, you may be happy.. if you are playing these songs for the best part of your life (like myself and many others here) and were looking for something more accurate and complete, well, saying this book is an half-assed effort and mainly useless is even too gentle.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Yeah!!! :/

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:

Pearl Jam "Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores: Deluxe Box Set"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it's not available from any of our sources at this time.  We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

Your order is now closed.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

• My current order status says "Released"... went to the FAQ page and this status isn't explained. Has this happened to anyone else?

I wonder how many copies Amazon Canada shipped out & who else outside of Amazon Canada shipped out copies.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited May 2017
    demetrios said:
    I wonder how many copies Amazon Canada shipped out & who else outside of Amazon Canada shipped out copies.
    As of right now, it appears to be an Amazon Canada exclusive! :lol:

I would be irritated, but after all the issues Canadian ten clubbers have had in the past, I feel it wouldn't be right to bitch.
  • movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    I just got a reply from 10c. Our cards were charged for the book now even though it doesn't have a date yet (still.) The reason is because so many cards were declined for Mikes book, they wanted less trouble for this book when it is released. 

No orders from 10c are being shipped yet. Amazon.ca shipped a few orders but weren't supposed to. Also, I mentioned how it was cheaper and got a slightly snarky reply on that. If I want to know how Amazon can operate at a loss, I should Google it. Otherwise very nice reply, is willing to refund but can't guarantee the book will be available when (if) I did want to reorder. 

I kept my preorder for now. 
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    movaughn said:
    ... Also, I mentioned how it was cheaper and got a slightly snarky reply on that. If I want to know how Amazon can operate at a loss, I should Google it. Otherwise very nice reply, is willing to refund but can't guarantee the book will be available when (if) I did want to reorder. 

Forgetting the fact that my amazon . ca order was cancelled, the price difference for us Canadians between 10C and amazon was HUGE (not just the price of the book and the really expensive shipping, but the currency exchange made it a luxury item through 10C).

No call for snark on 10C's part, that's for sure.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • BS20814BS20814 Posts: 44
    for the people who have it. is it 'everything has chains' or 'everything has changed', in corduroy? 
    It totally sucks Amazon Canada cancels ALOT of orders after shipping out many copies early on to  many customers and yet continues to have the page still active. :/http://a.co/5UO7S5l
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    BS20814 said:
    for the people who have it. is it 'everything has chains' or 'everything has changed', in corduroy? 
    "ad lib"
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    DewieCox said:
    BS20814 said:
    "ad lib"
    That's hilarious 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    do we know for sure that some of these were sent out?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    fwiw, i ordered first from indigo.ca here in Canada and later through amazon.ca as it was $20 cheaper....the indigo order came in but my amazon order was cancelled
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    I think 10c just charged my card. so maybe it'll be back soon?
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    My card was charged too. Hoping it ships soon.
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    igotid88 said:
    My card was charged too. Hoping it ships soon.
    Same here. No shipping info yet though. 
  • jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    I just saw this thread not having any clue there was an issue.  I pre-ordered it from amzon.ca and received it over a week ago.  Also it was reduced in price by a ridiculous amount:
    Pearl Jam - The Complete Scores: Deluxe Box Set
                  Price on order date: $103.50
            Price charged at shipping: $63.49
     Lowest price before release date: $63.49  
                             Quantity: 1
                        Total Savings: $40.01
    I'll ride the wave...
  • uberlanceuberlance Posts: 8
    I ordered from Amazon (US) and just got a cancellation email..
    jrock60 said:
    I just saw this thread not having any clue there was an issue.  I pre-ordered it from amzon.ca and received it over a week ago.  Also it was reduced in price by a ridiculous amount:
    Pearl Jam - The Complete Scores: Deluxe Box Set
                  Price on order date: $103.50
            Price charged at shipping: $63.49
     Lowest price before release date: $63.49  
                             Quantity: 1
                        Total Savings: $40.01
    Yep, that's the price I had. $63.49. But they cancelled my order. :/ 
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    edited June 2017
    BALLS.....

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Pearl Jam "Pearl Jam - The Complete Scores: Deluxe Box Set Anthology"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers.  Please visit the detail page for this item below:

• En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    davidos said:
    BALLS.....

Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

Pearl Jam "Pearl Jam - The Complete Scores: Deluxe Box Set Anthology"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers.  Please visit the detail page for this item below:

Yep. Same here. Too bad. Price was awesome
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    just got my Amazon Order canceled....Fuckin sucks

I ordered same day it went on sale
  • Tuta23Tuta23 Posts: 114
    Also just had my Amazon order canceled (ordered day it went on sale).
    I am not a Thief of Silence.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    What an absolute cluster fuck
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Got the email canceling the order on Amazon today as well. Kind of a bummer, as long as I can order from Ten Club still I guess I will. Not happy about the price after $15 shipping but I'd rather shell out than not have it at all. Doh!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    This is not a limited thing, right? I'm assuming that whatever has delayed it will get sorted and Amazon will sell it again. If so, surely they'd have to honour the price I'd ordered it at before (or knowing their customer service, they would).
    What's everyone else who's had their order cancelled doing? I'd love to order from 10C and get the bookmark, but it'll end up being almost NZD$180! I can order from bookdepository for NZD$97, not much more than Amazon was. Will they end up getting it, I think so! Or, just wait for Amazon to eventually get it in.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I wonder if Amazon canceled all of them so they don't have to honor the $45 price when they get stock in. Normally they would ask to approve the delay instead of canceling.
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    I wonder if Amazon canceled all of them so they don't have to honor the $45 price when they get stock in. Normally they would ask to approve the delay instead of canceling.
    They asked me to approve the delay last week then they cancelled the order yesterday.  I assume Amazon will sell it again but who knows if what they'll be selling it for.
  • KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    Amazon asked me on Monday to approve the delay which I did. It said they would wait till june 24th for the next update, then Friday rolls around and they cancel the order. What a joke!
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    that would be dirty as shit