Options

Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

Comments

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Got mine yesterday - took a quick look through a couple random songs, one thing I realized...
    I might need glasses!!!!!! :glasses:

holy crap is the font small! 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    edited November 2017
    davidos said:
    Book is great... Is it exactly the way Stone, Mike and Jeff play certain chords, etc? No... there are so many possibilities on a guitar to play the same note... what is does do is get you in the ballpark and helps get you through learning these songs... Wish there were solos but some of the important fills and intro mini solos (lightning bolt, pendulum, sirens, etc ) are there... all good.
    so, if it's not perfect, for sure it's not great.. sorry, you are saying two opposite things here.. if I want to get in the ballpark I go to songsterr etc.. Most people can do that by themselves, because let's be honest, PJ songs are not really that hard to play.. a book of this type should be at least 99% accurate and complete, but it's about 50% complete, and maybe 70% accurate for the parts that are there.. that is not great and it is not all good.. it's shitty, plain and simple. Have you seen the way that section in Alive before the "Is something wrong
    She said.." part is tabbed?
    For me it's great... peace and love my bro... I like having it all in one book as a quick reference. I am not staring at it assuming Mike and Stone (and Jeff) are putting their fingers in these exact positions... They are obviously not. If you watch Stone play these songs live, he plays so many non-traditional chord voicings, etc. They can be played other ways. Even his playing of the chorus in Alive has never been tabbed correctly anywhere.... 25 years later... but E, G, D, A will get you there...

I have never been on Songster but I have spent a fair amount of time on Given to Wail and Ultimate Guitar and while a bunch of those tabs are good a bunch are also crap... I like having the book.
  • Options
    Mine STILL has not been picked up for shipment.  Infuriating.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,881
    Got mine yesterday.. Really nice book! As "lotsalemon" mentioned the font is pretty small.... Great looking book though, a lot bigger than what I expected.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    I have looked at a few songs and like the book a lot.  Solos would be great but like I have said before I am more interested in rhythm.   It would have been good to at least tab the iconic solos like Daughter, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter, etc...
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Wrong lyrics to In Hiding.
  • Options
    TJENZTJENZ Posts: 18
    Got mine yesterday, Chicago.  Great looking book.  
    No lyrics for Yellow Ledbetter.  It says, "Lyrics as felt by Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    Can anyone comment on the drum transcriptions?  Do they seem accurate?  Are all the fills there?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    Got mine today... have not looked inside.  keeping sealed for hubby's Christmas present.
    It is Heavy though  ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    So, my wife ordered this months ago for my birthday, but she accidentally ordered 2 copies. 

So, we have an extra. If anyone wants it for the 10c price (plus free shipping), shoot me a pm.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,873
    mfc2006 said:
    So, my wife ordered this months ago for my birthday, but she accidentally ordered 2 copies. 

So, we have an extra. If anyone wants it for the 10c price (plus free shipping), shoot me a pm.
    Matt, as a guitarist how do you like it?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mfc2006 said:

Matt, as a guitarist how do you like it?
    I think it’s a cool book. I haven’t used it yet, but did thumb through it. I wish the solos were there, of course...but I’m more of rhythm guitarist, so it didn’t bother me a ton.

My only complaint is the font size. It’s really small.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Mine finally came in. Bummed about no solos and missing songs...
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    do they nailed the accordion part for Bugs?
    oh wait, "accordion ad lib", right..
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    To me if Pearl Jam is going to sell this thing, the band members should have sat down with the folks who put this together and made sure that at least the rhthym sections are right.  If it isn't right, or at lease close, than don't sell it and just send us a link to xyz tab site.
    You think these guys are going to sit down with someone and go over all that? No shot, these guys are on cruise control at this point 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    my2hands said:
    To me if Pearl Jam is going to sell this thing, the band members should have sat down with the folks who put this together and made sure that at least the rhthym sections are right.  If it isn't right, or at lease close, than don't sell it and just send us a link to xyz tab site.
    You think these guys are going to sit down with someone and go over all that? No shot, these guys are on cruise control at this point 
    If they have pride in what goes out under their name then yes.  Overall I like the book.  Wish they did two books with larger font.
  • Options
    Shit, I wouldn't sit down with a stranger and break down every song I've written if I was them. That would be exhausting I'm sure, especially with more than half their catalog being 20+ years old
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    my2hands said:
    Shit, I wouldn't sit down with a stranger and break down every song I've written if I was them. That would be exhausting I'm sure, especially with more than half their catalog being 20+ years old
    their first four albums are not half of their catalog..
    plus, I'm sure no one intended to say actually sit at a table with some guy to write tabs and notes out.. just a little checking here and there.. or, just like, hey Stone, is this chord/riff right? they did not even include solos, so even much more simple.. not exhausting at all to give some advices and clues to the writers.. a thing that the band didn't do at all, obviously.
    But yeah, they were too busy with touring this year..
  • Options
    Ok, Yield is 19 years old lol... and a vast majority of their B-Sides, Lost Dogs, etc were written 1991-1998... we havent seen a PJ B-Side or non LP song actually released since Man of the Hour 12 or 13 years ago I think?

some of their best early stuff wasn't even on an LP... Yellow Ledbetter... SOLAT... Breath... HTI... I Got Shit... Long Road... etc...

A majority of their catalog was definitely written 20+ years ago
  • Options
    so what songs are missing?  some one shoot me how to play parting ways 100% correct!  please and thank you.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    so what songs are missing?  some one shoot me how to play parting ways 100% correct!  please and thank you.
    I could make you a quick video on how to play it. May not happen until next week though.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I could make you a quick video on how to play it. May not happen until next week though.
    awesome!  thanks matt!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    Amazon Canada's price went down again to CDN $68.27. Not sure why they keep dropping and bumping up the price every few weeks with no sign of a shipping release date. :/ 
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Copies have landed in Europe.
    I would have liked a bigger book, the font is really really small IMO...
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    How much were you charged via customs?
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    demetrios said:
    Amazon Canada's price went down again to CDN $68.27. Not sure why they keep dropping and bumping up the price every few weeks with no sign of a shipping release date. :/ 
    At least our pre-order serves for a lower price placeholder...
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Could I get a video too please
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    demetrios said:
    How much were you charged via customs?
    Nothing !
    French post generally starts to charge custom fees when value exceeds 100 Euro ... I’m sure they will not miss the boxed  complete vinyl set ...
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?