Options

Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

Comments

• Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    edited November 2017
    igotid88 said:
    Got mine. There are guitar solos
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat????  No way. Can you post some pics?
    Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    FYI, it's temporarily out of stock but at least listed again on Amazon (US) for $55.50.  No ship date yet though.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,410
    igotid88 said:

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

if it's a joke: not funny, sorry, we already knew this "ad lib" lazy shit in this book..
    if serious: do you know what a guitar solo is?
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Animal is the same as the first shipment. What about Alive?
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    You guys messin’ with me?? :o

This is not something to joke about!!!
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

if it's a joke: not funny, sorry, we already knew this "ad lib" lazy shit in this book..
    if serious: do you know what a guitar solo is?
    oh sorry. i just saw guitar solo. didn't read the whole thing
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 349
    What does the bookmark look like?
  • Options
    KW6232 said:
    What does the bookmark look like?
    it says Pearl Jam Anthology in the same colors as the book.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Are ALL songs missing the solos?  Or is it just certain ones that are missing?  
  • Options
    Pretty much all songs say “ad lib solo”. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Garbage, but I care more about the rhythm stuff. Hopefully they are close to correct.
  • Options
    Garbage, but I care more about the rhythm stuff. Hopefully they are close to correct.
    if the way Alive is tabbed can be an indicator of the accuracy of the book (its incompleteness is already confirmed).. I can honestly already say: close to correct my ass.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    if it is anything like the official Ten guitar tab book i will pass. i bought that tab book when it came out and it has errors all over the place.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Has anyone received the book this past week?
    Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112
    edited November 2017
    Arrived in the Seattle Metropolitan area today

Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • Options
    frisbiec said:

So I guess there hasn’t been any changes to the book from when it was first released. Same “ad lib solo” remarks?

What could the big delay have been about?
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    edited November 2017
    if it is anything like the official Ten guitar tab book i will pass. i bought that tab book when it came out and it has errors all over the place.
    yes, and that book has been updated though, look for Ten Updated Edition.. it's still not perfect (Deep has the wrong tuning) but it sure is better than the first old edition.
  • Options
    frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112
    edited November 2017
    frisbiec said:

So I guess there hasn’t been any changes to the book from when it was first released. Same “ad lib solo” remarks?

What could the big delay have been about?
    It appears to be exactly the same
    Post edited by frisbiec on
    Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    What a wasted opportunity. Never ever have I seen a tab book by a guitar-driven band, where all the solos have been "ad libbed". 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    What a wasted opportunity. Never ever have I seen a tab book by a guitar-driven band, where all the solos have been "ad libbed". 
    Very disappointing. Cool book if your a PJ memorabilia collector or something, but for someone who actually plays guitar this would have been the ultimate resource. I have the book and I’m going to keep it but it is incomplete and arguably inaccurate in some areas.
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,594
    Maybe they figured that they could do a volume 2 with only the solos to make more money. Doesn’t make sense the ad lib shit, like we’re skilled enough to replicate Mike’s work by ad libbing.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Maybe they figured that they could do a volume 2 with only the solos to make more money. Doesn’t make sense the ad lib shit, like we’re skilled enough to replicate Mike’s work by ad libbing.
    I’m not skilled enough even if I had the tab but it would be nice to have.  =)
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    $54 on Amazon 
    http://amzn.to/2ozZwlc
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    To me if Pearl Jam is going to sell this thing, the band members should have sat down with the folks who put this together and made sure that at least the rhthym sections are right.  If it isn't right, or at lease close, than don't sell it and just send us a link to xyz tab site.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I was wondering cause a few days ago I looked and saw there was no more "release date has been postponed indefinitely" on the description. Sucks that Amazon is out of stock. Sucks about the solos, though honestly I'm just buying this for the chords/riffs to play on acoustic more than anything. Guess I'll add it to my Xmas list and hope it's still available in December!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    I play bass in a PJ tribute band, so I just hope it will help on some specific places where there is some discussion on the exact cords ;)
    As long as the bass parts itself are somewhat correct I'm happy. Our solo's are ad lib anyway since PJ seldom does the same thing twice when playing live, and we go for that live vibe :P
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Book is great... Is it exactly the way Stone, Mike and Jeff play certain chords, etc? No... there are so many possibilities on a guitar to play the same note... what is does do is get you in the ballpark and helps get you through learning these songs... Wish there were solos but some of the important fills and intro mini solos (lightning bolt, pendulum, sirens, etc ) are there... all good.
  • Options
    davidos said:
    Book is great... Is it exactly the way Stone, Mike and Jeff play certain chords, etc? No... there are so many possibilities on a guitar to play the same note... what is does do is get you in the ballpark and helps get you through learning these songs... Wish there were solos but some of the important fills and intro mini solos (lightning bolt, pendulum, sirens, etc ) are there... all good.
    so, if it's not perfect, for sure it's not great.. sorry, you are saying two opposite things here.. if I want to get in the ballpark I go to songsterr etc.. Most people can do that by themselves, because let's be honest, PJ songs are not really that hard to play.. a book of this type should be at least 99% accurate and complete, but it's about 50% complete, and maybe 70% accurate for the parts that are there.. that is not great and it is not all good.. it's shitty, plain and simple. Have you seen the way that section in Alive before the "Is something wrong
    She said.." part is tabbed?
  • Options
    davidos said:
    Exactly what I am hoping for. Something to check a parts of songs with. 

I've never been one who was able to replicate a solo off tab anyway, I find watching and listening get me there.