Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    oh geez! terrible!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Well...

Let's wait until the official word before we assume there were some brainwashed f**king Islamic morons getting it on with a 1000 Virgins right now.

Brutal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    just awful:

MANCHESTER EXPLOSION: - At arena - During Ariana Grande show - 20+ dead - Hundreds injured - Treated as a terror attack - Reported nail bomb

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Well...

Let's wait until the official word before we assume there were some brainwashed f**king Islamic morons getting it on with a 1000 Virgins right now.

Brutal.
    my thoughts exactly.
  • Horrible, especially when you think about the potential age of the victims. My wife and I were saying this would be a show we'd take our daughter to. Thoughts for the victims and their families, and to Ariana and her crew. 
  • Horrible, especially when you think about the potential age of the victims. My wife and I were saying this would be a show we'd take our daughter to. Thoughts for the victims and their families, and to Ariana and her crew. 
    Exactly.

Get me and my stupid friends at Metallica, but this was particularly cruel.
    manchester police just confirmed 19 dead 55 hurt thus far.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Well...

Brutal.
    my thoughts exactly.

Well if it does turn out to be that, I say this thread should be turned into a let it all out no holds barred thread about that.
    This shit has to stop and by not being allowed to say what we think......

• OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Prayers for the victims- most are likely kids

• Sneaky rats.

Tough to fight... these rats... slinking out of their rat holes with their rat like tendencies.

To me... they're about as low a life form as there is.
    edited May 2017
    where is the obligatory "let's not rush to conclusions" post?
    who is going to compare this attack to christianity?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    where is the obligatory "let's not rush to conclusions" post?
    It's coming, Scruffy.

Man my mood changed. I've been chilling on my deck this afternoon: IPAs, music, all yard work done, mountain bike ride under the belt, great tunes playing, hassling PJFan... and then this garbage.

It infuriates me. The sheer stupidity of it.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    enough is enough.  its time to wipe the scum off the earth. 
    manchester police say the explosion was outside the arena.  
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mcgruff10 said:
    saying they believe its a suicide bomber. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    saying they believe its a suicide bomber. 
    I heard the same thing.  just sickening.
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't think so,-Saw this right after it happened
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

Scary stuff.   You can't stop living your life but in these times if you go to sporting event or concert in Europe you  better be aware of your surroundings and not linger long after the show is over. 

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    So it's possible that a few committed people planned in advance (most fucked up part) and decided to blow themselves up at an Ariana Grande concert in front of a bunch of little girls ... 

Religious leaders need to step up and LEAD sooner then later.  To bad that there is a lack of education, maybe suppression is the better term
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    What a tragedy.
    So fucked up.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Venue just confirmed blast was outside the venue. Treating as a single suicide bomber. 
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Well...

Brutal.
    Yeah, I'll lay down $1,000 (real money, right now, no joke) against anyone who thinks it wasn't one of those goat fuckers. A lot of good Muslims out there getting a bad wrap because of these shit bags. Prayers and good vibes to all the victims and their families.  I'm so pissed right now.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Shocker.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Such senseless violence, why does it have to exist at all?
    And why is human nature so quick to respond with more senseless violence.
    Shit, the world sucks.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, the attendees at the show, workers at the arena and to Ariana and the people who work with her.  to think most at this concert were most likely fairly young...heart breaking ,sad and disgusting all together.

"imagine all the people living life in peace"
    Targeting kids-WTF
  • This shit has to stop.
    No more senseless periods of mourning while allowing the crime to escape.
    Of course this is awful but if society declares every tragedy with a mourn first attitude we are left in a state of constant mourn.
    Wake up and smell the coffee.

• PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    This breaks my heart, thinking of the victims of this senseless tragedy. Prayers for the loved ones of all who were killed or injured.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    So what happens when people "wake up"?  These things stop magically?  Unfortunately it is impossible to eliminate murderous acts like this.  Especially if we want to maintain an idealistically free society.  Whether its a suicide bomber, wannabe chechnyans with a pressure cooker, or an idiot in colorado who thinks he is the joker and shoots up a movie theater.   

Acts like this are designed to draw out an overwhelming response of fear and anger.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited May 2017
    Do we have the same reaction and feelings when a drone strike kills innocent people including women & children and it gets casually labeled as "collateral damage" in a far off land?

$100 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia, when the Saudi's have been funding radical Wahhabi Madrasa's for decades and have literally made Islamic terrorism what it is today... 15 Hijackers & a guy named Osama ring a bell? meanwhile the Orange POTUS is over there bowing and kissing the Kings ring just like every other single POTUS has done... talk about wake up and smell the coffee

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/opinion/thomas-friedman-our-radical-islamic-bff-saudi-arabia.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/
    Post edited by my2hands on