Options

RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    Most of us behave as we should. With respect, emotion, and trying to get better together. But then . . . there is always that one disrespectful person. Don't lower yourself..
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,247
    Thank you, Sea.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,247
    I have nothing to add. Like everyone else, I was shocked to hear the news. My thoughts are with his friends and family.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Most of us behave as we should. With respect, emotion, and trying to get better together. But then . . . there is always that one disrespectful person. Don't lower yourself..
    Agreed. Too sad to be angry, but that lack of respect and sensitivity on the previous page was shitty.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Not buying that concert review. Way too much 20/20 hindsight and he often sung with different, slower phrasing live. 

We'll only know a sliver of the truth when facts emerge. Even then, it'll only be part of the full story. 
  • Options
    NoleeNolee Saskatchewan, Canada Posts: 66
    Absolutely gutted. Crushed. Any and all words escaping my brain right now that could remotely explain the insane amounts of pain in my chest and the tears that don't seem to be stopping.... My heart absolutely weeps for Chris's family and friends today, because I know my pain is a scant fraction of the hell they are living in right now....
    ~ Gimli, MB "Mudfest" 1993
    ~ Edmonton, AB 2005
    ~ Winnipeg, MB 2011
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
     has soundgarden ever played in my time of dying by led zeppelin live before, or only last nights show? if only last night it like he knew before show over that he wanted to do it :( maybe they have covered this song before? but i have watched many soundgarden shows on video, and been to 1 show they never played it from what i know? have they play that song before
  • Options
    according to people at show last night, this was the last song of the night?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
     has soundgarden ever played in my time of dying by led zeppelin live before, or only last nights show? if only last night it like he knew before show over that he wanted to do it :( maybe they have covered this song before? but i have watched many soundgarden shows on video, and been to 1 show they never played it from what i know? have they play that song before
    they've played it before. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    Yes, they'd done it before.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,370
    Yes they apparently tagged it prior on the tour.
  • Options
    if i was in denver in 4 days like i am a lot of time, i would of had tix for that show that will never be :(
  • Options
    at least they played that song before, otherwise it be kind of more spooky that the last song they ever played live :(
  • Options
    now i regret not going to temple of dog shows last winter, i was across country, and thought to myself well it first time they doing a real tour, they will do another one soon :(
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    Damn gotta try get some shuteye but doubt I'll succeed. Hope everyone else is as good as can be. Goodnight everyone, especially Chris. The saddest thing is mate we all love you more than we hate what you did.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    now i regret not going to temple of dog shows last winter, i was across country, and thought to myself well it first time they doing a real tour, they will do another one soon :(
    I was the same. buddy went to seattle TOTD. Really wanted to go, but hoped they'd tour again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,918
    This has been a long, hard day. I thought the right words would eventually come but they haven't. Maybe they still will, but not yet.

So incredibly sad.

Cherish the ones around you. Make every day you have with the people you love count. Don't waste any of them.

You will be missed, Chris. You will be missed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    MO195132MO195132 Posts: 42
    man...we were all supposed to grow old with Chris Cornell, he's one of the guys we'd go watch play and love until we're 80 years old.
  • Options
    MO195132 said:
    man...we were all supposed to grow old with Chris Cornell, he's one of the guys we'd go watch play and love until we're 80 years old.
    Right? To watch my parents rock idols tweet RIP about mine is tough...
  • Options
    RK89449RK89449 Chicago, IL Posts: 27
    I've been reading your posts all day and I still can't comprehend that he is gone.  I've been sitting here with my cursor blinking, waiting for words to come out, but they can't show how I feel today.  I, along with everyone else on here that have had their lives touched by his voice and his music, feel like we've been abandoned today.  I will selfishly listen to every of his SG, AS, TOTD and solo records and be thankful for the gifts he gave and sad that there won't be any more.

Not to be preachy, but as I sufferer myself, I know depression is a real illness and it's a very slippery slope.  Once you head down it, it's very hard to get your feet back on the ground.  Most people never look or act that they are suffering...and many will never ask for help.  Hug the people you love and let them know what they mean to your lives, because that could always be the lift that they need to overcome their troubles.

My love goes out to Matt, Ed, Stone, Jeff, Mike, Boom, Kim and Ben along with Chris' family and friends.  My love also goes out to my extended PJ 10c family.  I hope you all find peace in this sad time.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    deleted by Admin
    My apologies, i'm still in disbelief. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,966
    Articles appearing with comments from Chris' wife...she states that he was NOT suicidal and did not give any indications of such.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710
    Had lots of work to do . . . but couldn't manage the attention to do it. Still listening to his music and reading this thread. So far, I have seen so many wonderful posts about him, made me tear up everytime. Time for bed . . . which is such a strange thing. Tomorrow I won't believe it . . . and I doubt the next day will be any different. When you listen back to his music, his voice was so powerful, unique, something we will never experience again. Goodnight, to everyone. Love to everyone here, and to the family, Pearl Jam and everyone who knew him personally. Much harder to endure than I suspected . . . I never felt this before with any artist. Final words from me, and I have said it a thousand times: rest in peace, Mr Cornell. Let us say hello in heaven, will be a honour to meet you.
  • Options
    Articles appearing with comments from Chris' wife...she states that he was NOT suicidal and did not give any indications of such.

yeah, this is all very odd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    MO195132 said:
    You said part of what I have struggled to say out loud today. I mean, if we could we'd keep everyone we have a deep connection to/with around. It seemed like that was going to be the case....just reminds me of how deep and secretive that pain is for some.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

yeah, this is all very odd. 
    I made the mistake of reading the TMZ page and it makes me realize, because of all the people posting lyrics, their are MANY MANY of his songs where this is a struggle. I'm not going to presume or post them because I find it a bit morbid, but his songs seem to show his struggle.
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    You can never know a person's inner demons... no matter how untroubled they may look on the surface.

As mentioned before, today is a Chris' music day - and I suspect for the next days to come too.
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    simmers33simmers33 Posts: 228
    MO195132 said:
    Totally agree.  What a talent.  RIP Chris
    Good evening...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,966
    MO195132 said:
    You said part of what I have struggled to say out loud today. I mean, if we could we'd keep everyone we have a deep connection to/with around. It seemed like that was going to be the case....just reminds me of how deep and secretive that pain is for some.
    My wife said that to me today....we looked forward to planning trips to see him solo and/or with Soundgarden.  We almost made the trip up to Detroit but decided not to a month or so ago.  Unreal
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,153
    MO195132 said:
    It's sad but I've put thought into the fact I'm about 10 (or more) years younger than a lot of my favorite musicians from the 90s.   It's crossed my mind that some day, should I live a long and healthy life, that I might outlive them and be left with nothing but the memories.    I never expected that to happen until I was an old old man in my 90s.   Not anywhere near this early in the game :(