RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Was 4th row at the show last night and remember looking at his eyes and thinking "he looks so tired"......just an indescribable wave of emotions considering I was up at 4:30 this morning for work and saw the headline of his passing.....absolutely stunned and have thought of little else today....and this coming off the incredible high of meeting Matt before the show started......God speed Chris, you are a shining star and will be sorely missed....my prayers to the Soundgarden and PJ families as well as his wife and 3 children......just a huge loss
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited May 2017
    Whay havn't 10C put anything up in remembrance?
    I don't think its that hard to see. It must be chaos for the band right now. And them not knowing all the details. And it being personal. Him being close to them, and really close to Matt etc. 

I don't think they just want to put something up to put something up. Or choosing to prioritise as the first thing.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Matt was there...I cant even imagine...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    give them time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    edited May 2017
    I don't think its that hard to see. It must be chaos for the band right now. And them not knowing all the details. And it being personal. Him being close to them, and really close to Matt etc. 

I don't think they just want to put something up to put something up. Or prioritising it.
    And they're probably trying to gather their thoughts, come to grips with this, get some kind of understanding... like we all are, like his family and friends are... when the time is right, we'll probably see a very moving, well-written, well-thought out, emotional tribute. I think it takes time to do all that. They could just put out something like "R.I.P.", similar to their peers, which is all good, but they probably want to do a little more than that.

Edit: just my $0.02, of course
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I don't want it to be true... So terrible
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • JB249845JB249845 Posts: 18
    This is just so sad! I have no words only "devastated" for his family, bandmates, friends and this music community! 
  • Rest in peace Chris Cornell. My sincere condolences to his loved ones.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    i feel like i need eddie to tell us it will be ok
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    What did go through his mind . . . so far I know he was loved by all. Seems there are still things in this world we can not understand. . . hope you are in heaven Chris.
    outside love means nothing when you are suffering with mental illness. everything is superficial. 
    Exactly.  I told my wife this morning, "It just doesn't make sense when someone has so much talent and is loved my millions."  She said, "Yes, but as you well know, no one else can understand a persons own inner demons."  I just hung my head, remembering how lucky I am and said, "Yeah, so true."

R.I.P., Chris.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    I can't believe it..so sad day..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    edited May 2017
    What was it Bono said about Eddie this week...."Where's Eddie Vedder? Spirit of Seattle, spirit of Chicago, spirit of America. Where's Eddie?"

I too feel like Bono and Brewdog123. He has that gift of making it make enough sense to help you move on.
    Post edited by RS65573 on
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    ehbacon said:
    I don't want it to be true... So terrible
    I'm still hoping this is some sort of bad dream. I'm not usually a person who gets so emotional about someone passing that I never personally knew but this just hurts. My thoughts are with his wife and kids right now. 
    NYPJ
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    AO253126 said:

I don't think they just want to put something up to put something up. Or prioritising it.
    And they're probably trying to gather their thoughts, come to grips with this, get some kind of understanding... like we all are, like his family and friends are... when the time is right, we'll probably see a very moving, well-written, well-thought out, emotional tribute. I think it takes time to do all that. They could just put out something like "R.I.P.", similar to their peers, which is all good, but they probably want to do a little more than that.

Edit: just my $0.02, of course
    I'm sure all of PJ are completely devastated. I feel heartbroken for all of them and everyone else who loved Chris. :heartbreak:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    First off, I am utterly devastated. I have seen SG twice, including a wonderful show in a smaller venue of my hometown of Worcester, MA a few years back. They sounded great. Also made the trek to NYC for TOTD in Nov. Also an emotional experience for me.

This has bugged me since this morning, but even more so now knowing the pain he must have been going through. I've been doing a lot of reflection lately, and as an INFP, basically can present a calm exterior even though there's a ton going in my head. As someone who has battled depression for years on end now, it saddens me even more knowing that he was going through a lot of the same things I am, and was a "shock" to those who knew him. He probably felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Mental issues are real. Everyone is human. Hug your kids, your friends, your spouse. Ask probing questions if something seems "off." Rest in peace, Chris. You are IN peace, now. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,786
    edited May 2017
    https://youtu.be/wzyCXBYQgWk

What an artist. Heartbreaking 
  • bigdaubbigdaub Posts: 12
    he and his band mates performed some of my favorite songs.  i'm saddened by the news.  rip.
    bIGdAUB
  • The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    mikelittl said:
    Damn. Lot's of details in that first-hand account. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    RS65573 said:
    What was it Bono said about Eddie this week...."Where's Eddie Vedder? Spirit of Seattle, spirit of Chicago, spirit of America. Where's Eddie?"

I too feel like Bono and Brewdog123. He has that gift of making it make enough sense to help you move on.

I'm pretty sure Eddie is looking for someone to make sense of it for him so he can move on. 
  • JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    rey said:
    RS65573 said:

I'm pretty sure Eddie is looking for someone to make sense of it for him so he can move on. 

At this point, not even move on. Just to ... move.

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    I have nothing to add expect i am
    deeply saddened by this loss and For his family, band and friends in particular. 
    I will always remember being front row at Pemberton Festival in 2014 super pumped to be that close and rocking out! RIP Chris
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mikelittl said:
    I'm torn when I read things like this. I appreciate the detail and insight, but it also annoys the fuck out of me when people start speculating on the brevity of what they think happened. Don't get me wrong, I know I do this too, but I also don't write it out for millions to read and use as the basis for what took place. I don't know, it seems disrespectful to the band, the family and friends for a total stranger to tell you how they think all these signs existed. I know that's probably not the writer's intent, but it still irks me.

Sorry for the rant. Definitely still feeling this one deep.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited May 2017
    deleted by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    tbergs said:
    mikelittl said:
    I'm torn when I read things like this. I appreciate the detail and insight, but it also annoys the fuck out of me when people start speculating on the brevity of what they think happened. Don't get me wrong, I know I do this too, but I also don't write it out for millions to read and use as the basis for what took place. I don't know, it seems disrespectful to the band, the family and friends for a total stranger to tell you how they think all these signs existed. I know that's probably not the writer's intent, but it still irks me.

I agree with this. hindsight is 20/20. guarantee you this guy wouldn't have written half of what he "noticed" had this not happened. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    tbergs said:
    mikelittl said:

I feel ya. Not sure who the writer was but I can appreciate a little insight to last night because everyone is saying everything seemed fine, but this person's POV seems there were some external signs that something was amiss. Nevertheless this is awful.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    tbergs said:
    mikelittl said:

Totally agree with what you stated tbergs

• FatassFatass Posts: 47
    i feel empty and sad. RIP