Ryan Adams News/Info

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    you bet!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Seeing him soon. Can't wait! Happy Women's Day to me (and Ryan turned his twitter profile pic to red today).
    I'm through with screaming
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Email from PaxAm this morning...

"Hey,

Thanks for purchasing the Prisoner – End of the World Boxset! The record label is working to make these the best they can be, but have run into a slight delay with production. These are now set to ship and deliver for a new release date of April 20th, 2017. Once they ship, we’ll send your shipping confirmation along with the tracking info.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the delay. Vinyl matters and getting it right matters. We promise there are hidden secrets contained within to make it worth the wait.
    Thanks for your support and understanding!

Team Pax Am"
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    goldrush said:

"Hey,

Thanks for purchasing the Prisoner – End of the World Boxset! The record label is working to make these the best they can be, but have run into a slight delay with production. These are now set to ship and deliver for a new release date of April 20th, 2017. Once they ship, we’ll send your shipping confirmation along with the tracking info.

Again, our sincerest apologies for the delay. Vinyl matters and getting it right matters. We promise there are hidden secrets contained within to make it worth the wait.

Team Pax Am"

Totally not shocked especially the scope of this thing. It is obviously very detailed. Wouldn't mind waiting even a little longer if they send the bonus tracks now though...
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

goldrush said:

"Hey,

Team Pax Am"

Totally not shocked especially the scope of this thing. It is obviously very detailed. Wouldn't mind waiting even a little longer if they send the bonus tracks now though...
    I have a feeling that some incredible songs didn't make the cut for Prisoner.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I'll just put this here,

Gold and Cold Roses have been recut and repressed. Cut by bellman. Pressed at pallas. I guess Amazon has them. i ordered them and they should be here tomorrow. I'll report back. Dirt cheap too. $11 and $16 respectively.

I'll just put this here,

Gold and Cold Roses have been recut and repressed. Cut by bellman. Pressed at pallas. I guess Amazon has them. i ordered them and they should be here tomorrow. I'll report back. Dirt cheap too. $11 and $16 respectively.

very nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited April 2017
    Right on! Are all Gold vinyls the "side 4" version with the last four tracks the label cut off to keep it from being a double album?
    grabbed Pilgrimage tickets...can't wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

We'll have to meet up. Hoping my BTE ties can get me into some parts of the festival others won't and maybe cross paths with Ed or DRA.

mfc2006 said:

We'll have to meet up. Hoping my BTE ties can get me into some parts of the festival others won't and maybe cross paths with Ed or DRA.
    For sure, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Right on! Are all Gold vinyls the "side 4" version with the last four tracks the label cut off to keep it from being a double album?

Yeah. The LP version includes side 4
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179

How do these sound? Amazon isn't showing a new release? Can you provide links to the actual items you ordered?

1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

I'll just put this here,

On my list
    So I got through 1 record of these new pressings, ABing my original copies.

My Gold was purchased when it finally came out a year or so after the record was released (back when United wasn't over worked and had better quality control). I've always been satisfied with mine, though I know later pressings of Gold sounded awful to people, so I'm keeping that in mind when listening. I think this new pressing sounds so quiet and static free that the music sounds so clear and crisp that it would be a nice improvement over the original. especially for $11. A bit of nerdery, the new pressing has a matte sleeve whereas my original was glossy. Still no inserts. Also no polylined sleeves which is pretty standard with pallas, so its weird.

As for Cold Roses, again, I was happy with my original. There is surface noise, but whatever, I've made due and been satisfied. From the onset, I was blown away by how good the new cut sounds. The record is dead quiet which makes the music pop. The original almost sounds murky compared to this cut. Its really crisp and clear. Lows are low and bold and the highs sound great and crisp. Its fantastic. As for some nerdery, its the same as the original. has the insert. Polylined sleeves. As for the outer sleeve its funny because its the opposite of Gold. My original is matte and this new one is glossy. The new one is embossed as well.

Overall, I think they are worth the pickup, especially for the prices.

How do these sound? Amazon isn't showing a new release? Can you provide links to the actual items you ordered?

Right, they just restocked and its these. its gonna come up as their original listing.

https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Vinyl-Ryan-Adams/dp/B0000668JM/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__3?ie=UTF8&qid=1491423358&sr=8-1&keywords=Ryan+Adams+gold

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Roses-Vinyl-Ryan-Adams/dp/B000929ASW/ref=pd_bxgy_15_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000929ASW&pd_rd_r=F67PXRXF91AGGG43V413&pd_rd_w=MTqlj&pd_rd_wg=ynhPg&psc=1&refRID=F67PXRXF91AGGG43V413
    29 and Cardinalology were also re cut.
    edited April 2017
    Nice. Thanks for the info. I ordered Gold, Cold Roses, and 29. Can't wait to give them a spin!
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Any way to tell on the outside packaging that it is the new cut? Or what is the best way to tell? Looking to grab Cold Roses and would like to make sure it's the new cut.
    Cold roses had a sticker that Lost Highway 180g Audiophile pressing. Gold did not. I think I read 29 has the same sticker as CR.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I keep hearing a song "It's so hard to be without you" or something like that on Sirius...Is it new or old? It's a really good song, makes me think I should be listening to Ryan Adams.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Yeah, its called To be Without You from his new album Prisoner. And yeah, you should be. You can start with Prisoner if you like the new one, but check out

Heartbreaker
    Love Is Hell
    Cold Roses
    Jacksonville City Nights.

in that order. and enjoy the long descent into a catalog of hundreds of songs (both released and unreleased and with his old band Whiskeytown)
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Yeah, its called To be Without You from his new album Prisoner. And yeah, you should be. You can start with Prisoner if you like the new one, but check out

Heartbreaker
    Love Is Hell
    Cold Roses

in that order. and enjoy the long descent into a catalog of hundreds of songs (both released and unreleased and with his old band Whiskeytown)

I'm going to have to dive in if To Be Without You is emblematic of his material.
    That song would be right at home on my favorite all time album, Neil Young's Harvest. That's about the highest praise I can give it.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • NormanNorman Posts: 109
    edited April 2017
    rgambs said:

Heartbreaker
    Love Is Hell
    Cold Roses

I'm going to have to dive in if To Be Without You is emblematic of his material.
    That song would be right at home on my favorite all time album, Neil Young's Harvest. That's about the highest praise I can give it.
    You won't be disappointed. I would also add Easy Tiger to the list. Enjoy! I got into Ryan late, and he's become the artist I listen to most. And Tim Simmons is the poster I listen to the most. He seems to be in all the good music forums. His vinyl collection must be insane. Anyways you're in for a treat.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Another email from PaxAm today:

"Pax-Am are sorry to announce a delay with the “Prisoner End Of World Edition Boxsets.
    Quality is important & we need to make sure everything is perfect.
    We apologize for the delay & any inconvenience caused.
    We hope that all will be forgiven once boxes ship out - on or around April 28 (US Store Orders) May 10 (UK Store Orders)."
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    The Chris Bellman Cold Roses sounds fucking great!
    Yo DRA friends on here, digital files of the 17 End of the World Box Set are getting sent out tomorrow. Shall we honor the system of what we had prior to Prisoner and inform one another if we come across them?
    I got my email this morning. They are pretty good. Similar in sound to Prisoner.
    Super jealous, man. I should have ordered it.