Ryan Adams News/Info

Comments

• Anyone happen to know the presale code for the Calgary show? I can't seem to find it *sigh*
    Note to self: Don't die
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Show was great last night at the Apollo. Band was very tight. Ryan fantastic, especially his voice.

New songs sounded terrific. Especially Outbound Train and Doomsday.

Setlist:

Do You Still Love Me?
    Magnolia Mountain
    Dirty Rain
    Prisoner
    Kim
    Haunted House
    Peaceful Valley
    Let It Ride
    Breakdown
    Everybody Knows
    Outbound Train
    Gimme Something Good
    Am I Safe
    Cold Roses
    Fix It
    Anything I Say To You Now
    Doomsday (Solo acoustic)
    Wonderwall (Solo acoustic)
    To Be Without You
    When The Stars Go Blue
    Shakedown on 9th St

Encore:
    Come Pick Me Up

still ending with come pick me up??? i love that song but i think its time for a change. :)

Nooooo. :)
    it is expected now, so yep its time. :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    chimpat said:

prisoner is a real solid album... DRA hasnt been this good for awhile... downbound train, breakdown, freaking sax in tightrope! im totoally loving it. this is an unbiased opinion. ;):)

Love that sax part in Tightrope, reminds me so much of a Bruce song. This album is really damn good.
    yes it is really damn good... and that sax made me smiley laugh.... i was like whoa step back ryans going all out here.... aint no stopping him now. lol <3 it. :).
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Anyone happen to know the presale code for the Calgary show? I can't seem to find it *sigh*

PRISONER

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Heads up for anyone trying for tickets- I'm in Ireland so this issue was with tickemaster.ie.
    During the presale today when the TM clock ran down the 'View Tickets' option never appeared. It just said 'No tickets Available'.
    My friend and I were communicating during this and he was having the same issues and there were a lot of WTF's!!! between us. I thought it was a glitch and kept at it but no tickets would come up.
    My friend then went to Ryan's website and hit Buy Tickets directly from the tour page which brought you to the TM page but somehow bypassed the Tickets not Available page and gave you the option to buy tickets. Even hours later the TM page was showing no tickets but if you went through Paxam to TM there were tickets. Not sure anyone will have this issue TM.com but just in case I thought I'd throw it out there.

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488

Show was great last night at the Apollo. Band was very tight. Ryan fantastic, especially his voice.

New songs sounded terrific. Especially Outbound Train and Doomsday.

Setlist:

Do You Still Love Me?
    Magnolia Mountain
    Dirty Rain
    Prisoner
    Kim
    Haunted House
    Peaceful Valley
    Let It Ride
    Breakdown
    Everybody Knows
    Outbound Train
    Gimme Something Good
    Am I Safe
    Cold Roses
    Fix It
    Anything I Say To You Now
    Doomsday (Solo acoustic)
    Wonderwall (Solo acoustic)
    To Be Without You
    When The Stars Go Blue
    Shakedown on 9th St

Encore:
    Come Pick Me Up

still ending with come pick me up??? i love that song but i think its time for a change. :)

Nooooo. :)
    Agree. Totally fine with this
    Was able to score Beacon tickets and my red vinyl came in mail and came with rolling papers.

Anyone else get the papers?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    spinning it for the first time right now...sounds fantastic!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Anyone happen to know the presale code for the Calgary show? I can't seem to find it *sigh*

PRISONER

Thanks Catefrances...got tix!
    Note to self: Don't die
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited February 2017
    I'm an idiot. I was on vacation all last week so didn't check my email once. This morning I discovered that I had 2 different presale info emails for Ryan Adams, and I missed them. :anguished: I did still get a ticket this morning, a single in the centre of row 17. That is a perfectly decent seat, but I know I would have had a super primo seat for the same price if I'd known about the presales. Lesson learned - I just signed up for text notifications from Live Nation/TM.
    Anyway, I'm excited about this show as the lovely Orpheum! I haven't seen RA before. :) I was also happy to see how relatively cheap the tickets are.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Cheap? Lucky you. Floor seats in Charleston were expensive! I bit the bullet and bought one but for the Columbia show I bought first balcony tix because I didn't think my concert partner would pay as much as I was willing to pay.
    I'm through with screaming
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164

Was able to score Beacon tickets and my red vinyl came in mail and came with rolling papers.

Anyone else get the papers?

I didn't...
    edited February 2017

Cheap? Lucky you. Floor seats in Charleston were expensive! I bit the bullet and bought one but for the Columbia show I bought first balcony tix because I didn't think my concert partner would pay as much as I was willing to pay.

Bummer. The most expensive ticket in the venue is $60 CAD (cheapest are $45). Crazy cheap! No floor though - it's a theatre. Maybe he isn't as popular in Canada and knows it, so priced accordingly? There are actually a surprising number of tickets still available... enough that one might wonder if it will actually sell out or really even come close.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I could have had front row in Edmonton, but they wouldn't leave single seats open so all three had to be bought, went back to row seven, pretty excited.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PJ_Soul said:

Cheap? Lucky you. Floor seats in Charleston were expensive! I bit the bullet and bought one but for the Columbia show I bought first balcony tix because I didn't think my concert partner would pay as much as I was willing to pay.

Bummer. The most expensive ticket in the venue is $60 CAD (cheapest are $45). Crazy cheap! No floor though - it's a theatre. Maybe he isn't as popular in Canada and knows it, so priced accordingly? There are actually a surprising number of tickets still available... enough that one might wonder if it will actually sell out or really even come close.
    They were $82 with fees here. $57 for balcony. I didn't pay that much two years ago when I saw him.
    I'm through with screaming
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Really digging the new one played it once a day everyday since I got it. Every time I listen to it I find something new. The album is also not in your face when it plays but if you listen to it, it's in your face. Know what I mean?

PJ_Soul said:

They were $82 with fees here. $57 for balcony. I didn't pay that much two years ago when I saw him.
    That's a lot in USD. After fees, the best tix here in Vancouver were $75 CAD (about $55 USD).

Really digging the new one played it once a day everyday since I got it. Every time I listen to it I find something new. The album is also not in your face when it plays but if you listen to it, it's in your face. Know what I mean?

Yes

Yes
    today was the first time i sang along with all the songs... a relatively painless experience for all involved. still loving outbound train from the first time i heard it last december. shiver and shake is becoming a fave. loving the guitar on breakdown...... cant wait til may. :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Anyone happen to know the presale code for the Calgary show? I can't seem to find it *sigh*

PRISONER

Thanks Catefrances...got tix!
    yeah!!!! :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm an idiot. I was on vacation all last week so didn't check my email once. This morning I discovered that I had 2 different presale info emails for Ryan Adams, and I missed them. :anguished: I did still get a ticket this morning, a single in the centre of row 17. That is a perfectly decent seat, but I know I would have had a super primo seat for the same price if I'd known about the presales. Lesson learned - I just signed up for text notifications from Live Nation/TM.
    Anyway, I'm excited about this show as the lovely Orpheum! I haven't seen RA before. :) I was also happy to see how relatively cheap the tickets are.

aww i remember my first time. :)

was looking at edinburgh and gateshead but they sold out in lickety split time. its a little bit of a bummer but ill just have ot suffer through LA saw him there last august at thegreek and just loved the venue) and santa barbara.... itll be tough but i know ill pull through. ;):) lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Anybody know why some dates on TM show Ryan Adams and some show Ryan Adams and Band?
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Not sure if you guys saw this last week, but here's an awesome print interview with Ryan that included video of him describing each song on the album. It's freaking incredible.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/ryan-adams-talks-death-divorce-recovery-and-explains-his-new-album-prisoner-track-by-track-1990013
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i love everything about this record. except the cover. the cover painting just makes me sad. that blank stare. is that the final hug? is he hugging someone he does not love? is he trying not to let that person go? it really fits the record well.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874

i love everything about this record. except the cover. the cover painting just makes me sad. that blank stare. is that the final hug? is he hugging someone he does not love? is he trying not to let that person go? it really fits the record well.

You should get the Barnes and Noble edition. As much as I hate B&N the cover is much cooler.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com