Green Bean Casserole -- Amazing or Disgusting?

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    NO! I would prefer this food item be forever removed from the Thanksgiving menu.
    Whenever I shoot out a snot rocket, I imagine myself as Johnny Appleseed planting green beans.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    YES! Green Bean Casserole is delicious!
    Et tu, Jason?

*kicks sand*
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    NO! I would prefer this food item be forever removed from the Thanksgiving menu.
    hedonist said:

Et tu, Jason?

*kicks sand*

Not even sure if they are actually beans!

Mr. Bean :heart:

And thank you, I am now about to dig into cold leftovers, that included!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Indifferent. Finds its way onto my plate.
    Jason P said:

hedonist said:

Et tu, Jason?

*kicks sand*

They are. They are the greatest of beans. They grow like, well, beans! There is a reason Jack climbs a bean stalk... 10 feet of beans double planted on a trellis will yeild 3-6 bushels of beans. That is more than a typical family can eat unless they are dried, pickled, or souped and frozen. I have green beans in my spare bedroom waiting for me to thresh them, no preservation required. Beans are nitrogen fixing as well.
    You can eat them young and tender in the pod, you can let them mature until plump and shell them for the fresh beens inside, or you can let them die and dry and thresh them for dry storage beans.
    Green beans are more versatile than most foods.

Don't talk shit on beans or you will be out of your element Donnie.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    rgambs said:

Jason P said:

hedonist said:

Et tu, Jason?

*kicks sand*

They are. They are the greatest of beans. They grow like, well, beans! There is a reason Jack climbs a bean stalk... 10 feet of beans double planted on a trellis will yeild 3-6 bushels of beans. That is more than a typical family can eat unless they are dried, pickled, or souped and frozen. I have green beans in my spare bedroom waiting for me to thresh them, no preservation required. Beans are nitrogen fixing as well.
    You can eat them young and tender in the pod, you can let them mature until plump and shell them for the fresh beens inside, or you can let them die and dry and thresh them for dry storage beans.

Good info.
    I love Green Beans and prepare them at least once a week for my family.
    This does not change the fact that I find GBC to be an abhorrent dish -- something that makes me want to vomit.

https://youtu.be/AS8X2Qp_6aA
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

hedonist said:

Et tu, Jason?

*kicks sand*

Good info.
    This does not change the fact that I find GBC to be an abhorrent dish -- something that makes me want to vomit.

I see.

Much like Walter, I have run off at the mouth without due cause.

You see what happens Larry?
    This is what happens when you f**k a stranger in the @$$ Larry!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Jason P said:

hedonist said:

Et tu, Jason?

*kicks sand*

Good info.

I see.

Much like Walter, I have run off at the mouth without due cause.

You see what happens Larry?
    This is what happens when you f**k a stranger in the @$$ Larry!
    Most quotable movie....so great.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    good damn grub

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Liked it when I was younger.
    Needs an updated formula.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    What's worse than fresh Green Bean Casserole? Leftover Green Bean Casserole.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I make mine from scratch...homemade cream of mushroom soup, fresh green beans, add bacon. I won't eat anybody else's.

Convinced a devout GBC hater to try it, and he had seconds.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    RKCNDY said:

I make mine from scratch...homemade cream of mushroom soup, fresh green beans, add bacon. I won't eat anybody else's.

Maybe next year just make it with the green beans and bacon?

Merely a suggestion.....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    RKCNDY said:

Next time I'm in Seattle I'm voting for this. I mean we can still eat a bag of Dick's as well. :wink:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

RKCNDY said:

Maybe next year just make it with the green beans and bacon?

Merely a suggestion.....
    Green Beans and Bacon -- hold the Green Beans.
    I like the way you think!
    The tine of year where this food is trotted out again.  Blech!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Isn’t our nation divided enough, F Me? Why must you insist on dividing it further? 

I suspect Russian interference. And by that, I mean vodka. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Ha.  Always.  (Vodka)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mfc2006 said:
    What's worse than fresh Green Bean Casserole? Leftover Green Bean Casserole.

cold GBC.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • NO! I would prefer this food item be forever removed from the Thanksgiving menu.
    Most meals(foods) aren't easily available healthy, or made that way anyway, lol. I prefer to have my veggies on the healthy side. Very easy to make & much better for you too.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    :angry:
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    edited November 2017
    Ive never heard of this dish as im english but green beans especially french beans are one of my favourite veg so i would probably like it. So i wil assume its a yes from me.!
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Please Google the dish 
    I love green beans
    GBC is a food crime
  • I will further investigate. Brb
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Look at this -- people put this on the T-giving buffet.  (Looks like a dog bowl filled with barf)

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol: F me. Lighten up ha! It' green beans and cream of soup. Haha. I don' care for the dish. I pass it up for corn - topped on my mash taters - and prefer the meats baby :wink: turkey...honey baked ham.....sauerkraut and kilbasa......cue Homers drool face
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :rofl: I guess I voted differently last year.

I will eat it but do prefer corn - just plain from the can no additives.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:
    :lol: F me. Lighten up ha! It' green beans and cream of soup. Haha. I don' care for the dish. I pass it up for corn - topped on my mash taters - and prefer the meats baby :wink: turkey...honey baked ham.....sauerkraut and kilbasa......cue Homers drool face
    In fairness I did a search for "disgusting green bean casserole" and picked on I thought looked like a bowl of barf.  There are likely pictures out there that make it appear to be edible.  :lol:

Kilbasa on your buffet?  We don't have that, but I love that stuff and would happily welcome it.
    You must have actually eaten some last year and this year brought you to the No! conclusion.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    It's really not all that healthy BUT... I like it :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.