Ryan Adams News/Info

Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
edited February 2018 in Other Music
According to this new single 12/7
Do You Still Love Me

And some RA boards are reporting info stating 2/3/17 for album release
Post edited by Daron Oshay on

Comments

• This would be great. I was bummed when the album was delayed. The second half of this year has been lacking in the new music category.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    oh...finally some good news!!
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I would go see him if he played anywhere near me.....
  • I would go see him if he played anywhere near me.....

He actually played my hometown, which was surprising since at the time nobody really played here. I've driven to other cities to see him as well.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Single is out in Australia.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    ^^^^nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488

Reminds me of Self Portrait
  • footsteps10footsteps10 Danville, VA Posts: 77
    Single is out in America

Single is out in America

Clutch. Mid download.

I love Ryan.
  • Not a bad tune. Easily could have been on the self titled record. All the rockers he has recorded at PAXAM the last couple of years reflect his love for the Fender Princeton. This one certainly continues that.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Where is the tour info :whistle:
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    New interview with Ryan on NME.com...
    “I don’t remember being aware of needing to hold back anything,” Adams told NME of his mindset during the writing of ‘Prisoner’. “I felt like I needed to tell a story – the story of how I felt or what was happening internally at least, in the truest way possible. It was in the most vulnerable way I could. Also, in a way that felt good to play music – I wanted to avoid feeling like playing guitar on a soapbox…like some fucking bullshit about life pains. I don’t want to be that person and that’s not the point of what I’m trying to do, I want to try and extract some truth from the narrow of whatever is around me.

“It didn’t hurt that I had a tonne of songs so felt pretty free.”

Speaking of his lyrical themes and inspirations behind ‘Prisoner’, Adams told NME about he felt no inhibitions in writing about his very public divorce from Mandy Moore.

“I think the theme of this record is that we’re all prisoners of some desires, in that the very things we love are the things that hold us hostage and keep us trapped,” he told NME. “Either we are the cage or we’re in the cage and it’s trying to figure out in every situation which of those things is real.

“For me, the big shadow illuminating things for fans will be that this record is directly related to my divorce…I think that’s what fans will read into it and to the things that happened and what was going on inside me. How I endured it and where I was in my emotions at that time – and they wouldn’t be wrong. I didn’t want to make a mistake and avoid it…I believe in art, and it sounds so stupid – but I think it’s more stupid to pretend that things aren’t happening to you and write some bland fucking useless bullshit. I don’t wanna be that. I don’t wanna write music for people on fucking boats y’know, that’s not who I am”

Adams continued: “So I chose to honestly say: I’m going through this. I chose to extract and evaluate and find out what part of this pain and seduction and mistrust are worthy of being extracted and then re-romanticize it in some way. Because ultimately, however bad a situation is for people, especially if it’s a condition of love or some internal dialogue, I think most people would agree that when you look back on it, those times are well remembered. I think in a lot of ways that’s what every John Hughes movie is about…its saying you know when you were in that situation and you were totally confused about life…wasn’t that awesome?”

Adams added: “Also, I think I would know if I was full of shit. All the changes that happened in my life in last couple of years have been drastic and dramatic. Ever since the last album when my friend died – and you know that guy grew up in the house next to where my grandmother was raised – I was playing a TV show that night, like I could not be there.

“The only thing I could do was to put a picture of him out, and it happened to be the same fucking day my divorce was announced, like it was unbelievable! There were so many sides to what was happening it was almost like an out of body experience. At that end of the day I’m lucky, because a guitar sounds fucking great when you plug it in you know? Put the capo on the third fret and…you know, it just feels good to have that kind of release.”

https://youtu.be/U-qfQcJveDw
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Could the mystery box really be the whole 80 songs he says he wrote for this?
    I don't think so.
    Also, the song is kinda meh
  • Agree. I don't hear anything particularly special about the song. I bought it off iTunes and there's nothing on it that makes me want to hear it again and again.
    I like it
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Love the new song - can't wait for more!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Hearing this is out there... (?)

Hearing this is out there... (?)

I heard that as well & he even mentioned it on Instagram. Can't seem to find it, though. I'll just wait.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I say we start a pact that if any of us come across it, PMs go out. Cool with you guys? I'm in.

I say we start a pact that if any of us come across it, PMs go out. Cool with you guys? I'm in.

We are in this together
  • I'm on the hunt for it.

I say we start a pact that if any of us come across it, PMs go out. Cool with you guys? I'm in.

Works for me!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Checked all my usual sources and blogs and no one has seen it.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Barnes & Noble exclusive vinyl with different artwork is up for preorder:

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)