Ryan Adams News/Info

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    edited January 2017
    FR181798 said:

goldrush said:

Barnes & Noble exclusive vinyl with different artwork is up for preorder:

Has anyone outside of the US ever had a good experience ordering a B&N exclusive.

All of the ones I've ordered in the past into the UK have taken about 2 to 3 months after the release date to even ship, seems pointless preordering especially since the discount they seem to offer on a weekly basis offer is not applicable to preorders.

yep i ordered 1989 through B&N. cause the seafoam green vinyl was sooo pretty. ;) i live in oz and had it delivered to a friends address in ohio cause i knew i was visiting her and could pick it up there.... i wasnt thrilled with the thought of something fragile travelling so far down to oz. as i recall it arrived in ohio in good time. id have no issue with ordering from them again. though tbh i had been lsitening to the album in digital and CD form for some months before i got to ohio so there was no anxiety about what the album would sound like. :).

Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Anybody ever bought tix through his presale? I am signed up for his newsletter but I don't see anything about a password. Just going to start making guesses.
    I'm through with screaming
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    jjflash said:

Most likely on the sidelines for this one. Must. Resist. The collector in me (read: hoarder) wants it but it'd probably wind up sitting right next to my copy of Sevens that's never been played. Plus I need the 150 to help get to Chicago in June to see TP play Wrigley :smile:

Must....resist. Will. Is Weak. Agggrrh...ok, I caved and bought it. Once it sells out later today I figured I'd regret having not snagged one while the chance was available. Also really curious to see what Easter eggs RA has hidden. Not to mention Ryan said this is the best work he's ever done. Move over Sevens, you have some company :blush::smiley:

Interesting point of reference: The 'Live After Deaf' box set sold in '12 and consisting of (15) 12" vinyls originally sold for $168 shipped. This EoWE/Prisoner box set consisting of (12) 7" records plus miscellany is selling for $177.50 shipped. Music-related whatnot is getting expensive, yikes.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Anybody ever bought tix through his presale? I am signed up for his newsletter but I don't see anything about a password. Just going to start making guesses.

I did last year & they emailed a code a couple of days before they went on sale.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    sorry---here's the code; was in the email I received yesterday. good luck!

PRESALES START JANUARY 25 AT 10AM LOCAL TIME WITH PASSWORD: PRISONER
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:

sorry---here's the code; was in the email I received yesterday. good luck!

PRESALES START JANUARY 25 AT 10AM LOCAL TIME WITH PASSWORD: PRISONER

Thanks! I guessed it was either prisoner or doomsday so I was able to get a ticket earlier. Not sure why I didn't get the email, though.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Damnit. I think I'm going to have to pass on this edition of the record. I hope the bsides get released in some other format eventually.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Full track list out

What kind of succubus is Mandy Moore?

Damnit. I think I'm going to have to pass on this edition of the record. I hope the bsides get released in some other format eventually.

same here. I did pre-order the red vinyl from Bull Moose, though.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

Full track list out

Haha!! That cracked me up. She must have really done a number on him.
  • Full track list out

The first time I saw him live he had just married her. Like married her that week. This was when he was known to just walk off the stage and not come back so we were kind of worried. Needless to say he was in a pretty good mood that night.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    And now she's with Taylor Goldsmith. Making her away around Americana songwriters.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    jjflash said:

jjflash said:

Most likely on the sidelines for this one. Must. Resist. The collector in me (read: hoarder) wants it but it'd probably wind up sitting right next to my copy of Sevens that's never been played. Plus I need the 150 to help get to Chicago in June to see TP play Wrigley :smile:

Must....resist. Will. Is Weak. Agggrrh...ok, I caved and bought it. Once it sells out later today I figured I'd regret having not snagged one while the chance was available. Also really curious to see what Easter eggs RA has hidden. Not to mention Ryan said this is the best work he's ever done. Move over Sevens, you have some company :blush::smiley:

Interesting point of reference: The 'Live After Deaf' box set sold in '12 and consisting of (15) 12" vinyls originally sold for $168 shipped. This EoWE/Prisoner box set consisting of (12) 7" records plus miscellany is selling for $177.50 shipped. Music-related whatnot is getting expensive, yikes.
    I caved too. It was late at night and I had a moment of weakness...
    It came to something like $270AUD when you include the shipping which is crazy, so I used leftover £ in my old UK account to try to convince myself it wasn't that much!

I don't have a Sevens for it to sit next to (I still need to get that) but I have a few other 7" box sets to keep it company (Faith No More, Black Crowes, Garbage)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    jjflash said:

jjflash said:

must.....not........cave.................

7" singles annoy me anyway.....(repeat)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Full track list out

Haha!! That cracked me up. She must have really done a number on him.

i cant imagine it takes much to 'do a number' on ryan adams.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    He has matured over the years....

https://youtu.be/ni_-e5Mb3hU
  • He has matured over the years....

That's what people do.

He has matured over the years....

That's what people do.
    Or he just found a way to shut up his critics......
  • He has matured over the years....

That's what people do.
    Or he just found a way to shut up his critics......
    Very true. It's probably a combination of both and then the fact that he's not dealing with drugs and booze issues anymore. Though maybe that falls under "maturity".
    I'm glad to see him where he is now. I had some moments in 05-06 where I easily pictured him not making it. Then I thought he'd get his life together and not release music. It's great to see him having it all figured out and still releasing great music. I can't wait for the Prisoner bsides.
  • wtfpod.com/

Anybody else catch this episode?

wtfpod.com/

Anybody else catch this episode?

going to listen to it tomorrow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I have a hot date with that podcast tonight.

Did anyone here end up getting that deluxe box? I wonder if they're shipping out this week. God damn I wish I'd ordered that.

I have a hot date with that podcast tonight.

Did anyone here end up getting that deluxe box? I wonder if they're shipping out this week. God damn I wish I'd ordered that.

I passed on it for the same reason that I passed on PJ's Sevens. Not a fan of the single format. Plus, I imagine that those b-sides will come out soon enough.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Where is the tour announcement?
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    1) Yes WTF was great. Ryan was more open then usual

2) Box ships March

3) Prisoner is still amazing

4) Tour dates: http://paxamrecords.com/

Going to see him at the Apollo Thursday. Can't wait!
  • 1) Yes WTF was great. Ryan was more open then usual

2) Box ships March

3) Prisoner is still amazing

4) Tour dates: http://paxamrecords.com/

Going to see him at the Apollo Thursday. Can't wait!

Ooh please report back!

I am seeing him twice next month. Too excited!
    I am not going listen to the new one until I visit my local record store and pick it up on vinyl.