Options

deleted

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    vaggar99 said:

wow...now i remember why PJ shows are so lame now. its not the music

tip: insulting people you are trying to mobilize is a pretty stupid strategy. attacking people for opposing viewpoints is exactly what trump does.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    he was JUST elected. the band will probably pick their spot. in addition to being politically liberal, they also respect democracy and understand giving an elected official time to show themselves.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

tip: insulting people you are trying to mobilize is a pretty stupid strategy. attacking people for opposing viewpoints is exactly what trump does.
    There are those who will never get it. And there are those who want to get it
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

There are those who will never get it. And there are those who want to get it
    And there are those who blindly judge both of those (perceived) groups.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Oh man this thread is great!
  • Options
    no one is being judged. my frustration lies with indifference. If you are not indifferent, than stop being offended and take a stand.
  • Options
    I'm neither indifferent nor offended.

What sort of stand do you propose?
  • Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    For the love of God someone please move this to AMT.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Kat/Sea prob arent awake yet.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

i am not going to tell anyone what to say or do besides saying that your gut should be your voice right now
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

hedonist said:

i am not going to tell anyone what to say or do besides saying that your gut should be your voice right now
    Well, my gut's grumbling but that's probably due to being hungry.

Really though, if you're going to scold others but then refrain from what you demand be done in terms of "taking a stand", it comes off as unclear and fairly hypocritical.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    real change starts in the 4 walls of your home and locally in the community and will funnel upwards...if you follow me over in AMT (which you have) you know i voted for the lesser of two evils...give him a chance, yet hold them accountable..no matter who is in charge

i could debate you on him being a racist but i don't want to derail this conversation
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjalive21 said:

real change starts in the 4 walls of your home and locally in the community and will funnel upwards...if you follow me over in AMT (which you have) you know i voted for the lesser of two evils...give him a chance, yet hold them accountable..no matter who is in charge

i could debate you on him being a racist but i don't want to derail this conversation

Bingo!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    vaggar99 said:

you can call me crazy but having a president who has said and maybe done some very unacceptable things can not be tolerated under any circumstance.

Well I guess it's a good thing Hillary didn't get elected! She's definitely done some very unacceptable things.
    vaggar99 said:

We have let a fringe group of white supremacists steal our democracy.

I am deeply troubled with people who have such strong opinions yet don't understand that the US isn't a democracy. You have to wonder.... what else don't you understand?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    It's not a fringe group. It's more than 60 million Americans who elected this jackass into office.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    MG79478 said:

vaggar99 said:

you can call me crazy but having a president who has said and maybe done some very unacceptable things can not be tolerated under any circumstance.

Well I guess it's a good thing Hillary didn't get elected! She's definitely done some very unacceptable things.
    vaggar99 said:

We have let a fringe group of white supremacists steal our democracy.

I am deeply troubled with people who have such strong opinions yet don't understand that the US isn't a democracy. You have to wonder.... what else don't you understand?
    You can insult me. That's cool. This is why we are where we are. Entitlement will be squashed.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    hedonist said:

vaggar99 said:

hedonist said:

Well, my gut's grumbling but that's probably due to being hungry.

Really though, if you're going to scold others but then refrain from what you demand be done in terms of "taking a stand", it comes off as unclear and fairly hypocritical.
    Just say how you feel. If you don't feel strongly about this, I can't make you.
  • Options
    Pearl jam should run for president. Not eddie, all of them. Except for Matt, jack shod take Matt's spot on the ticket.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

Pearl jam should run for president. Not eddie, all of them. Except for Matt, jack shod take Matt's spot on the ticket.

The White House will only allow the original drummer and current drummer in office. :rofl:
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PJ should take a stand, begin with a new years eve show at the borgata then 2 shows at WF in Phila, a fan club only show at Tower Theatre, then 2 shows at Sun bank arena, to kick off 2017.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    vaggar99 said:

All I ask is the band say something publicly. You'd be surprised what might happen. This is not your normal type of president. And yeah, I get it...'the band doesn't have to do anything'. That seems to be what we are all trained to say around here. Again I am not saying they have to do anything. I am asking.

this is the president's job. he could have squashed a lot of what's going on with a brief statement.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Has Bafoon issued any kind of apology for all his deplorable statements aimed at the Hispanics , disabled , war veterans, Muslims , Women !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Has Bafoon issued any kind of apology for all his deplorable statements aimed at the Hispanics , disabled , war veterans, Muslims , Women !!

President-elect Trump will do it personally in the confines of his oval office.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Hey op, what do you think is going to happen? You've mentioned "change is coming" as well as other cryptic thoughts. How is a stand to be taken since you say multiple times we all need to take a stand.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    It moved! Fuck yes! Thank you mods
  • Options
    Honey badger don't give a shit. And now look at the guy, Bannon. Not a pleasant soul. Probably burns doobs all day though
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

vaggar99 said:

All I ask is the band say something publicly. You'd be surprised what might happen. This is not your normal type of president. And yeah, I get it...'the band doesn't have to do anything'. That seems to be what we are all trained to say around here. Again I am not saying they have to do anything. I am asking.

this is the president's job. he could have squashed a lot of what's going on with a brief statement.

the president has urged protestors to keep marching. He's doing what he can without being disrespectful.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

PJ should take a stand, begin with a new years eve show at the borgata then 2 shows at WF in Phila, a fan club only show at Tower Theatre, then 2 shows at Sun bank arena, to kick off 2017.

if you are going to ask for anyone, why not ask for music. shows come and go. new music is a treasure
  • Options

Hey op, what do you think is going to happen? You've mentioned "change is coming" as well as other cryptic thoughts. How is a stand to be taken since you say multiple times we all need to take a stand.

i could be wrong, but I believe there will be a movement to remove this person from office.