Options

OK well at least...

Comments

• Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 200
    Welcome back Angry Eddie - I missed you. Looks like Florida, Ohio and Penn are guaranteed stops in 2020 - lol.
  • Options

I got to sing with Pearl Jan before WW3 happened. ( keep it going)

I was there..you were good!
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444

DavidD said:

shut it down...

Lol did someone hit a nerve buck lol
    no :) I just like to say "shut it down"
    Lol, well then.... shut it down!!!!
    I'm at work today (I'm a plumber) doing a service call and told the guy I need to SHUT IT DOWN!!! ( the washrooms of course ). I'm going to see how many times I can say "SHUT IT DOWN" today.
    It's the little thing in life :)
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    Sarava said:

I'll take the competent candidate despite questionable morals, over the candidate who is just a dick to people and has no experience. Everytime.

But you are correct with the parties putting up poor choices.

Yeah and to each his own. Everyone has to make that choice.

On another note - I see her concession speech is going to be at the New Yorker. That is where I stayed for 4 nights this past May when I went to see the 2 PJ shows at MSG!
    Me too! What a fitting venue, that place is a p.o.s.!

It was in a great location for MSG, but man I paid $250 USD ($300+ canadian) for a decrepit shoebox of a room! And on top of that the charged an additional $15/day "resort fee" (and didn't even have good amenities). Once we got to Quebec City, we spent half that amount, stayed in the historic Chateau Frontenac, with a room 4 times bigger, and with beautiful views over the St. Lawrence River. I get that it's New York, but surely there must be more elegant hotels for Sec. Clinton?
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    wall232 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I see this as more as a revolt, I am not a Trump supporter or a Hilary supporter but this election was a revolt against politicians. Its a game changer and no matter how we all feel, we must hope he does well. To root against him is to root against our country.

He's gonna stop any effort "your country" has done towards the battle against climate change. What is there to root for?

He's against the world as a whole. Rooting for him is being an asshole.
    No one can say or knows what he will do.
    SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    tbergs said:

tbergs said:

We'll get Riot Act 2: WTF

I was hoping we'd get that no matter who won
    We'll get a vote for change tour in 2020 for sure.
    beat me to it
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722

what I can't wrap my head around is how many in the US are totally ok with misogyny, xenophobia, racism and the shunning of science. And that people are fine with those qualities in their leader. And I think it's cynical and spiteful to want him anyway just to send a message to the political ruling class.

It's not hard to work out. Those are the destructive values America actually stands for.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    I know it's easy to be cynical today, I've gone down that road a couple times, but it's really not what it stands for.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    DavidD said:

DavidD said:

shut it down...

Lol did someone hit a nerve buck lol
    no :) I just like to say "shut it down"
    Lol, well then.... shut it down!!!!
    I'm at work today (I'm a plumber) doing a service call and told the guy I need to SHUT IT DOWN!!! ( the washrooms of course ). I'm going to see how many times I can say "SHUT IT DOWN" today.
    It's the little thing in life :)
    Fun, right?
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    mwplum said:

Sarava said:

I'll take the competent candidate despite questionable morals, over the candidate who is just a dick to people and has no experience. Everytime.

But you are correct with the parties putting up poor choices.

Yeah and to each his own. Everyone has to make that choice.

On another note - I see her concession speech is going to be at the New Yorker. That is where I stayed for 4 nights this past May when I went to see the 2 PJ shows at MSG!
    Me too! What a fitting venue, that place is a p.o.s.!

It was in a great location for MSG, but man I paid $250 USD ($300+ canadian) for a decrepit shoebox of a room! And on top of that the charged an additional $15/day "resort fee" (and didn't even have good amenities). Once we got to Quebec City, we spent half that amount, stayed in the historic Chateau Frontenac, with a room 4 times bigger, and with beautiful views over the St. Lawrence River. I get that it's New York, but surely there must be more elegant hotels for Sec. Clinton?
    Oof, you could have definitely done better hotel wise. Or airbnd!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,872
    Sarava said:

Voting for a third party candidate is essentially the same as not voting. What is the point?

I live in one of the states where Hillary won in a landslide and she was born here in Illinois. Yet even here, so many people that I know largely can't stand her. She's looked at as a bad person by a lot of people. She's looked at as in the pocket of wall street and foreign countries (you can thank Bernie for that). She's spent much of this campaign under criminal investigation.

And people are tired of both the Clinton's and the Bush's. Those families need to go away. So yes, Trump is a poor candidate and probably a jerk. Pick your poison. What people should be mad at are the voters of both parties screwing up in the primaries and giving us these 2 terrible choices.

You are incorrect about third party voting. Seems like the two partition system has you brainwashed. Vote for who you believe in- no matter which party they represent.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Ladies and gentlemen. Let me give as a European a good advice....

Keep calm and listen to pearl jam..
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

Ladies and gentlemen. Let me give as a European a good advice....

Keep calm and listen to pearl jam..

thanks, but I don't think PJ can fix this shit show.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HawkeyeJamHawkeyeJam Posts: 209
    edited November 2016
    I did not vote. I wouldnt pit my name on either candidate

Sad truth is people were jaded to look past Hillary's indiscretions due to hate of Trump

She is a career politician who has made millions off our political system. She was a board of director member for Walmart. The Clinton Foundation is a sham to filter money. She bought a house in a state she has never lived in to run for office. She committed election fraud and colluded with the DNC to rig a nomination. She endangered national security numerous times and remained in a marriage for political gain. She is what is wrong with America's political system. The Clintons are no different than the Bush's.

Some may have voted for Trump due to racism and xenophobia. Most did because they are the working class that has been ignored since the 70s. It's no surprise that Wisconsin, Ohio,PA all went for Trump. He was the only voice they have had for years.

I'm concerned about Trump but also hopeful. We knew what we get with hillary but Trump is at least an unknown. His victory speech speaked of infrastructure and the abolishment of the ridiculously bad Obamacare. The rhetoric of his speech was promising. A businessman as opposed to a politician running the country is intriguing. It's America's job now to make sure he was just pandering to a base with his remarks. I'm hopeful because America just gave the middle finger to big politics. Let's see if it works
    Post edited by HawkeyeJam on
  • Options

Sad truth is people were jaded to look past Hillary's indiscretions due to hate of Trump

She is a career politician who has made millions off our political system. She was a board of director member for Walmart. The Clinton Foundation is a sham to filter money. She bought a house in a state she has never lived in to run for office. She committed election fraud and colluded with the DNC to rig a nomination. She endangered national security numerous times and remained in a marriage for political gain. She is what is wrong with America's political system. The Clintons are no different than the Bush's.

Some may have voted for Trump due to racism and xenophobia. Most did because they are the working class that has been ignored since the 70s. It's no surprise that Wisconsin, Ohio,PA all went for Trump. He was the only voice they have had for years.

I'm concerned about Trump but also hopeful. We knew what we get with hillary but Trump is at least an unknown. His victory speech speaked of infrastructure and the abolishment of the ridiculously bad Obamacare. The rhetoric of his speech was promising. A businessman as opposed to a politician running the country is intriguing. It's America's job now to make sure he was just pandering to a base with his remarks. I'm hopeful because America just gave the middle finger to big politics. Let's see if it works

Well spoken.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

All of that..
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455

I got to sing with Pearl Jan before WW3 happened. ( keep it going)

Is Pearl Jan an all female PJ tribute band?
  • Options

Just to be clear, his racism and misogyny as well as assault accusations are not as bad as her establishment position and lapses in good judgement?
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

what I can't wrap my head around is how many in the US are totally ok with misogyny, xenophobia, racism and the shunning of science. And that people are fine with those qualities in their leader. And I think it's cynical and spiteful to want him anyway just to send a message to the political ruling class.

baffles the mind......
    this country isn't the place I thought it was.....
    A majority of people are just sick of any conversation about race being classified as racist and any real conversation about religious differences, xenophobic. I wish to all things holy that the gop would wheel out a candidate who was pro choice and pro lgbt but still opperated with solid republican economic principles. Unfortunately, that won't happen anytime soon because this candidate wouldn't stand a chance in the primary.

This country just stood up and said that we're tired of political correctness, sick of giving away entitlement benefits and that we are ready for a change... any change. I couldn't in good conscience vote for Trump, but I don't blame the people who did.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184

I did not vote. I wouldnt pit my name on either candidate.

There is more to the ballot than just the President. Not an excuse to stay home. You could have obtained from or written in president and still voted for senators, judges, questions, etc. It's disappointing when people forget about the rest of the ballot.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527

Beautifully stated. Let's face it - it will be better for everyone if Trump does a good job, on all of our behalves. (I'd say the same for Clinton if she had won.)

Let's see what happens, and hold him accountable to his words and actions.
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options

Just to be clear, his racism and misogyny as well as assault accusations are not as bad as her establishment position and lapses in good judgement?
    Not at all. More along the lines of ones faults doesn't dissolve the others. I'm fully aware they both were poor candidates. I had no horse in this race. I abstained from voting due to lack of desire for either. I just am willing to give him an opportunity to prove people wrong. I'm for a better America and if thats to happen it will have to be with him.

Very interesting social experiment. People were eager for a true outsider and finally get to see it. People have clamored for a government to push domestic infrastructure as well. Maybe this works? It's worth a shot.

John F Kennedy was one of the biggest misogynists in the history of American politics and he is beloved. I can look past them if Trump can move grow from it.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    It's about time something went right for white males. :weary:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    DM282158 said:

Beautifully stated. Let's face it - it will be better for everyone if Trump does a good job, on all of our behalves. (I'd say the same for Clinton if she had won.)

And I'm fine with that and will give him the shot. But it would be a lot fucking easier if he wasn't empowering people who are just mean and nasty who threaten violence.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    But make no mistake, when people say they are tired of "political correctness", what they are really saying is they are tired of having to be courteous, respectful and kind.
  • Options

I did not vote. I wouldnt pit my name on either candidate.

There is more to the ballot than just the President. Not an excuse to stay home. You could have obtained from or written in president and still voted for senators, judges, questions, etc. It's disappointing when people forget about the rest of the ballot.
    Most of what was on our ballot for Linn County were foregone conclusions and not necessarily great choices. Iowa went heavy Red this year. I usually do vote
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527

DM282158 said:

And I'm fine with that and will give him the shot. But it would be a lot fucking easier if he wasn't empowering people who are just mean and nasty who threaten violence.

His flaws are endless, no doubt. And we shall hold him accountable for them.

I'm simply echoing what his opponent said today: "We owe Donald Trump an open mind and a chance to lead. "
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

Good post
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Sarava said:

IMO this vote was more about disliking Hillary, than liking Trump.
    Still the winner is all of the above you can't deny that !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    nicknyr15 said:

100 Pacer said:

Eddie might move to Australia Canada.....

Fixed.
    Haha! No surf in Canada!
    Yes there is. Tofino, BC. Just a little ways up the coast from Seattle on the west side of Vancouver Island. Pretty amazing for surfers. :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata