Options

OK well at least...

Comments

• Options
    I'm looking forward to some angry Eddie and the Boys on the next record. Avocado, arguably their most recent gritty/angry/politically charged album, is one of my favorite albums of all time!
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,779

I'm looking forward to some angry Eddie and the Boys on the next record. Avocado, arguably their most recent gritty/angry/politically charged album, is one of my favorite albums of all time!

Agreed.
  • Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    I got to see Pearl Jam boycott all the states that supported Trump! Good thing the HoF induction ceremony is in Brooklyn -- if they are inducted, LOL!!!
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options

what I can't wrap my head around is how many in the US are totally ok with misogyny, xenophobia, racism and the shunning of science. And that people are fine with those qualities in their leader. And I think it's cynical and spiteful to want him anyway just to send a message to the political ruling class.

This. Yes. Fucked up.

• Options
    JWPearl said:

wake up and take the spoilt ass blindfolds off your eyes, why can't you see the world has turn to crap ???? for every good charity worker there is, there is also a murderer,thief,abuser or rapist and sometimes even the charity worker can be both so why expect good out of bad
    for as much good there is in the world does not make up for one little bad that messes everything up

i will never stop giggling at people who use more than 1 question mark.
  • Options
    I just heard Pence will not be the VP and Trump has chosen fellow "reality" TV star "The Situation."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149

what I can't wrap my head around is how many in the US are totally ok with misogyny, xenophobia, racism and the shunning of science. And that people are fine with those qualities in their leader. And I think it's cynical and spiteful to want him anyway just to send a message to the political ruling class.

This. Yes. Fucked up.

People think one man can keep them safe at night - no matter their personal qualities. Trump played the ol' reliable fear card and won. He will be the biggest joke in American political history, period.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

baffles the mind......
    this country isn't the place I thought it was.....

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

shut it down...

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

President Donald John Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Trump

:lol:Thank you for a much needed laugh.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446

shut it down...

Lol did someone hit a nerve buck lol
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998

IMO this vote was more about disliking Hillary, than liking Trump.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    Then people are weird spiteful and vote against their best interests.
  • Options

Then people are weird spiteful and vote against their best interests.

That's just your opinion. There's millions of those.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    There were other candidates on the ballot. People didn't need to vote for the racist yet still chose to (Its not like what he has said wasn't widely known) . I don't think it was a referendum about Hillary, its looking like shes gonna win the popular vote. I know she wasn't the greatest candidate, but I do think its more about people being OK with racism and misogyny because people could have voted for the other 2 candidates (both also outsiders) and still chose not to.
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    DavidD said:

shut it down...

no :) I just like to say "shut it down"
  • Options

DavidD said:

shut it down...

no :) I just like to say "shut it down"
    Jon Taffer style!
  • Options
    Voting for a third party candidate is essentially the same as not voting. What is the point?

I live in one of the states where Hillary won in a landslide and she was born here in Illinois. Yet even here, so many people that I know largely can't stand her. She's looked at as a bad person by a lot of people. She's looked at as in the pocket of wall street and foreign countries (you can thank Bernie for that). She's spent much of this campaign under criminal investigation.

And people are tired of both the Clinton's and the Bush's. Those families need to go away. So yes, Trump is a poor candidate and probably a jerk. Pick your poison. What people should be mad at are the voters of both parties screwing up in the primaries and giving us these 2 terrible choices.
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    Something that always happens after an election is that the RIght says this is not our president, they say they will block the president and anything they try to do. It happened after both times Obama won, and people were saying this would happen if Hillary won. Basically Republicans want a Democratic president to fail, meaning they want America to fail. Yet, I never really hear Democrates say those things about a Rebuplican presidant.
  • Options
    I'll take the competent candidate despite questionable morals, over the candidate who is just a dick to people and has no experience. Everytime.

But you are correct with the parties putting up poor choices.
  • Options
    I'd love for PJ to put out an album of all political bangers that brings real heat. But I don't know if they have it in them anymore. I hope they prove me wrong.
  • Options

I'll take the competent candidate despite questionable morals, over the candidate who is just a dick to people and has no experience. Everytime.

But you are correct with the parties putting up poor choices.

Yeah and to each his own. Everyone has to make that choice.

On another note - I see her concession speech is going to be at the New Yorker. That is where I stayed for 4 nights this past May when I went to see the 2 PJ shows at MSG!
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,345
    edited November 2016
    Eroom21 said:

Something that always happens after an election is that the RIght says this is not our president, they say they will block the president and anything they try to do. It happened after both times Obama won, and people were saying this would happen if Hillary won. Basically Republicans want a Democratic president to fail, meaning they want America to fail. Yet, I never really hear Democrates say those things about a Rebuplican presidant.

#NotMyPresident is trending on twitter pretty much everywhere so it's hard for you to make that argument. I think Savara hit the nail on the head - both parties messed up and gave us two terrible candidates and then it was a matter of which candidate people disliked less in many cases.

As always, I appreciate the spirited debate but this thread needs to move to A Moving Train.
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100

Eroom21 said:

#NotMyPresident is trending on twitter pretty much everywhere so it's hard for you to make that argument. I think Savara hit the nail on the head - both parties messed up and gave us two terrible candidates and then it was a matter of which candidate people disliked less in many cases.

As always, I appreciate the spirited debate but this thread needs to move to A Moving Train.
    That is just a knee jerk reaction. It is nothing like what happened after Obama, or what people were saying about a Hillary win. I haven't read anything about blocking Tump's Supreme Court nomination. Maybe things will change.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    Eroom21 said:

Eroom21 said:

That is just a knee jerk reaction. It is nothing like what happened after Obama, or what people were saying about a Hillary win. I haven't read anything about blocking Tump's Supreme Court nomination. Maybe things will change.
    Nothing can be blocked for the most part. They have all the power again. They have the chance to show they will wield it responsibly and wisely.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Eroom21 said:

Eroom21 said:

Nothing can be blocked for the most part. They have all the power again. They have the chance to show they will wield it responsibly and wisely.
    ...or not!

• Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 248
    If we get Riot Act 2, Trump will probably file a lawsuit against them.
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    IMO this vote was more about disliking Hillary, than liking Trump.

Agreed!
    It seems as if many people's comments are indicating that the candidate in blue is/was the answer to this country's current challenges - really?! Wow!
    You know who can better this country? You and me!

PJ - thanks for your wonderful music, and for allowing us to share our views as a community!
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    Back to the topic!

At least we'll get "Trump-leager"
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22