OK well at least...

124»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited November 2016
    Noload said:

nicknyr15 said:

I see this as more as a revolt, I am not a Trump supporter or a Hilary supporter but this election was a revolt against politicians. Its a game changer and no matter how we all feel, we must hope he does well. To root against him is to root against our country.

Yes. As a side note, Ive witnessed more Republican presidential losses on social media than Republican wins. Antecdotally, my more liberal friends are the only ones Ive seen call for death to congressmen, dance on a supreme court justice's grave, and ask for the CIA to take out Trump before Jan. Ive encountered some angry hippies lol. Should make for some great PJ music though :)
    I haven`t seen anyone say those things. If my liberal friends started talking that way I'd pull out the butterfly net, lol ... I know that plenty of Trump supporters were super into killing Clinton before last night though. They liked to announce it at rallies and everything.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205

I did not vote. I wouldnt pit my name on either candidate.

There is more to the ballot than just the President. Not an excuse to stay home. You could have obtained from or written in president and still voted for senators, judges, questions, etc. It's disappointing when people forget about the rest of the ballot.
    Most of what was on our ballot for Linn County were foregone conclusions and not necessarily great choices. Iowa went heavy Red this year. I usually do vote
    Ok good at least you did consider the rest of the ballot - cheers.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options

But make no mistake, when people say they are tired of "political correctness", what they are really saying is they are tired of having to be courteous, respectful and kind.

sigh
  • Options

But make no mistake, when people say they are tired of "political correctness", what they are really saying is they are tired of having to be courteous, respectful and kind.

sigh
    Sometimes that's true, and sometimes it's not. It depends on the specific topic/what is being defended.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    Sometimes that's true, and sometimes it's not. It depends on the specific topic/what is being defended.
    Right!. When I use a certain word here on the AMT, in its proper context and with its proper meaning, and then have it be a trigger word for people who deem it a racist word, then yes, I get tired of political correctness. I understand the sentiment of the post, and there is some truth to it, but in some cases, political correctness is just that.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    Right!. When I use a certain word here on the AMT, in its proper context and with its proper meaning, and then have it be a trigger word for people who deem it a racist word, then yes, I get tired of political correctness. I understand the sentiment of the post, and there is some truth to it, but in some cases, political correctness is just that.
    Was that the when 'spade' was used in the context of discussing racism? If so, that was just you being ignorant and not an issue of being overly pc.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    Was that the when 'spade' was used in the context of discussing racism? If so, that was just you being ignorant and not an issue of being overly pc.
    Haha, no! I've defended thug and savage. Spade was someone else.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Pot is legal in CA.

Speaking of pot, Floyd early years this Friday.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    I remember now. Yes, thug being the new 'n' word, and people who use it say they use it across the board regardless of race. Sure they do.
  • Options
    gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82
    I've yet to hear a specific example of how political correctness actually hurts our country.

And the idea that the Clinton Foundation is a sham is bullshit. Not to mention that Obama pushed to bail out auto companies (workers). So no, the midwest working class hasn't been neglected since the 70s.
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • Options

I wholeheartedly disagree.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320

Pot is legal in CA.

Speaking of pot, Floyd early years this Friday.

It will be till once Christie starts telling Trump the pot party is over !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    I remember now. Yes, thug being the new 'n' word, and people who use it say they use it across the board regardless of race. Sure they do.
    Some of us who understand usage and have perspective actually do. But I don't expect sensitive snowflakes who grew up in the Tupac era and have a laundry list of trigger words to understand that.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    >IMO this vote was more about disliking Hillary, than liking Trump.
    Agreed!
    It seems as if many people's comments are indicating that the candidate in blue is/was the answer to this country's current challenges - really?! Wow!
    You know who can better this country? You and me!

PJ - thanks for your wonderful music, and for allowing us to share our views as a community!

BINGO...i dont get why this is so hard to understand

• Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    Some of us who understand usage and have perspective actually do. But I don't expect sensitive snowflakes who grew up in the Tupac era and have a laundry list of trigger words to understand that.
    I understand usage, that's why it's the new n word, because I pay attention to how it's used. I'm sensing you don't pay attention to how it's used because you referenced trigger word and snowflake, which suggests you're don't give a shit.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    I understand usage, that's why it's the new n word, because I pay attention to how it's used. I'm sensing you don't pay attention to how it's used because you referenced trigger word and snowflake, which suggests you're don't give a shit.
    Not that I don't give a shit. That's why I'm yet again engaging in this nonsense. Just because a word was co-opted by a silly hop hop "artist" doesn't mean the rest of us are require to acknowledge it to mean something it historically hasn't. That word has a much longer history than the 90's. I just don't give a shit that millennials think it means something much more specific than it does.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    Lol. I remember that spade thing. I laughed, because I knew that it wasn't intentional. It was just an unfortunate choice of a word, and I knew that hadn't even occurred to him (i had my own joke about it all lined up, but then everyone else piled on, and I tiptoed away, haha).
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

sigh
    Not that I don't give a shit. That's why I'm yet again engaging in this nonsense. Just because a word was co-opted by a silly hop hop "artist" doesn't mean the rest of us are require to acknowledge it to mean something it historically hasn't. That word has a much longer history than the 90's. I just don't give a shit that millennials think it means something much more specific than it does.
    It sounds like you're sticking to it's old meaning. I don't get to wound up about it, I just ask that people pay attention to how it's used currently, which is almost always with blacks and associating them with violent/criminal behavior. There's no white person equivalent, and it's rarely used to label whites.