framed poster thread

Comments

• NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    photo IMG_0337_zpsv3aemazh.jpg

photo IMG_0337_zpsv3aemazh.jpg
    photo IMG_0339_zps8aysy7ja.jpg
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Excellent job on the Eaton! Makes the poster look way better.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16

Thanks! I'm pretty happy the way it came out.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    My first show... Just got this bad boy back from the shop:
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200

Totally agree.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Might be a dumb question but if my poster is 18x24 (Portland Emek) whats a good size frame/mat size? Thanks again!

Might be a dumb question but if my poster is 18x24 (Portland Emek) whats a good size frame/mat size? Thanks again!

The mat usually has a 2' border so 20x26.

If you go to americanframe.com you can just put in what size the poster is and then pick the mat color and they will do the sizing.
    edited November 2016
    Thanks didnt see that option there originally! Sorry to interupt this parade of awesome artwork.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    SJD3232 said:

Not Pearl Jam but I love this poster. I was able to get Chris to sign it on his way into the venue last year. It's actually signed by him twice(you can barely see the 1st sig in silver) because my brand new Sharpie barely worked when he signed it. Luckily his body guard had a black one on him!

Love this poster! I have it too. Reminds me of the one from his 2011 tour with the snake.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    Just picked this up...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Nice job on the Portland
  • JH306068JH306068 Posts: 120
    I am looking to frame about 5 posters and do not want to spend 300-500 per poster to get it professionally done. I have not framed anything in quite some time, but when I went to frame my Edmonton 11 on American Frames it was like $150.00. I guess my questions are, does that sound right cost wise? Is there a better place to go? What else do I need besides a Mat and frame?

Honestly, I have no idea what I am doing any help would be greatly appreciated. I have some nice valuable posters that I do not want laying around anymore. Thanks in advance!!
  • JH306068JH306068 Posts: 120
    I am looking to frame about 5 posters and do not want to spend 300-500 per poster to get it professionally done. I have not framed anything in quite some time, but when I went to frame my Edmonton 11 on American Frames it was like $150.00. I guess my questions are, does that sound right cost wise? Is there a better place to go? What else do I need besides a Mat and frame?

Honestly, I have no idea what I am doing any help would be greatly appreciated. I have some nice valuable posters that I do not want laying around anymore. Thanks in advance!!
  • eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    Lookin for some advice here. I had put one of my posters in a cheap frame temporarily till I can afford to get it done better. Just took it out to move and it looks like bacon. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this, or is it shot? Thanks
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010

Lookin for some advice here. I had put one of my posters in a cheap frame temporarily till I can afford to get it done better. Just took it out to move and it looks like bacon. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this, or is it shot? Thanks

Cheap frame = Acid
    ouch
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
    ski-bum said:

Cheap frame = Acid
    ouch

Well I replaced the normal backing with Acid-free, and it's only been about 5 months (my Tampa '16) just looks like moisture got to it , must not have been sealed well enough? Just wondering if anyone has experience/knows any way to fix it before I start looking for a new one
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    It sounds like it's wavy because of the way it was framed. The poster is standing upright and eventually gravity starts taking effect. You can Sangwich it between two pieces of cardboard that are either the same size or bigger than the poster itself.
    Even posters that are professionally framed can't have this happen to them over a great amount of time. As long as there's no creases you can flatten it back out again.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    edited November 2016
    And make sure the print never touches the glass. The ink can stick to it over time. You can use acid-free tape from the back of the print to the cardboard to keep it upright
    Hope this helps
    DavidD said:

And make sure the print never touches the glass. The ink can stick to it over time. You can use acid-free tape from the back of the print to the cardboard to keep it upright
    Hope this helps

I'll give it a shot, thanks!
    ST66483 said:

Nice job on the Portland

Thanks. Very pleased with how it came out. Probably my fav Emek PJ poster
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Are there 12x36 frames? All I see at stores are 11.75x36 frames. Anyone know if you can shove that extra quarter inch in there? Yea yea... that's what she said.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379

Are there 12x36 frames? All I see at stores are 11.75x36 frames. Anyone know if you can shove that extra quarter inch in there? Yea yea... that's what she said.

Won't work unless you trim it and I wouldn't recommend that. I tried to use one for my munk one Toronto from 2011. Had to return it and got a custom frame from American frame.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    on2legs said:

Won't work unless you trim it and I wouldn't recommend that. I tried to use one for my munk one Toronto from 2011. Had to return it and got a custom frame from American frame.
    Thanks
    Nice job on the Faile! I might use the black/red theme on mine

To the guy looking for framing help --I rarely frame posters as well so i took a chance with Hobby Lobby this weekend because of the UV glass and acid free mat/backing. $86 after 50%off frames and 40% off mats coupons. Im happy with it. Watched them the whole time. Better job than i couldve done and very careful with it.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

To the guy looking for framing help --I rarely frame posters as well so i took a chance with Hobby Lobby this weekend because of the UV glass and acid free mat/backing. $86 after 50%off frames and 40% off mats coupons. Im happy with it. Watched them the whole time. Better job than i couldve done and very careful with it.

Yep. I've had a bunch of posters framed at Hobby Lobby and they've done a great job for a reasonable price.

You actually watched them frame the poster?? I usually just drop mine off and pick it up a few days later whenever it's done.
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    edited November 2016
    This was done at hobby lobby. Very happy with the way it came out. I believe I paid around $150, but 3 different color mat and the tickets/sticker are to blame for that.

Post edited by fl4tdriven on
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
    Did this myself from American Frame.

imagephoto IMG_0368_zpsmldiuyww.jpg" />