Options

framed poster thread

1435436437438439441»

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,087
    Ok. That is a treasure. Is that red dude a new addition to print?
    Will that sucker to a museum. 
    Giddy up
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,580
    Loujoe said:
    Ok. That is a treasure. Is that red dude a new addition to print?
    Will that sucker to a museum. 
    Giddy up
    No, the red guy was a Remarque done by the artist from whom I bought it direct a couple months after the show. The recent addition is the smoke boxes behind the picks, which Cam DeLeon helped me out with. 
  • Options
    Yes yes. Been following along. Forgot the terminology of remarque. 
    Super cool
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,738
    Fresh from the Sphere and a re-purposed mat, right on the wall.  Emek is the king. 

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 694
    I’m gonna break the rules for a second. These aren’t framed yet but I’ve finally got the space to start flattening them and I’m stoked to see them again. Now I’ need to save up the funds to get them both custom framed. I’ll take any suggestions you may have. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,452
    edited May 20
    ZoSoTim said:
    I’m gonna break the rules for a second. These aren’t framed yet but I’ve finally got the space to start flattening them and I’m stoked to see them again. Now I’ need to save up the funds to get them both custom framed. I’ll take any suggestions you may have. 
    APs, nice! 

My Pitt 

Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    Love the mattes on that one! 
  • Options
    ItsmillertymeItsmillertyme Posts: 63
    SHZA said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    APs, nice! 

My Pitt 

is that diamond plate matting ???  awesome
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,507
    SHZA said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    APs, nice! 

My Pitt 

Very nice!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,362
    SHZA said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    APs, nice! 

My Pitt 

Beautiful!
  • Options
    Not the best job but was hard enough getting a frame!

Love it!
  • Options
    MS149515MS149515 Chicago Posts: 179
    ZoSoTim said:
    Check out Wyman Framing in Tinley Park, I get all my stuff done there and they do phenomenal work. If you're not sure on what you want, they do a great job on advising patterns/mattes. I say splurge for the UV Museum glass; protects the print and allows you to view it without glare. 

Also, they frame without mounting to backer board so it maintains the integrity and value of the print. 
  • Options
    Appreciate the suggestion but that’s a helluva drive from Dallas. Lol. 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,550
    Here is my Pittsburgh framed

2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,580
    Both Pitt frameups are amazing. 

Well done @BLACK35 @SHZA
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 807
    Both Pitt frameups are amazing. 

Well done @BLACK35 @SHZA
    👆
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 807
    Since we are on the topic of framing advice, it’s high time this received a proper framing. Haven’t been a big fan of the frame/mat combos I’ve seen in the past. Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

• Options
    Maybe get a matt and load it up with stickers racing, car, oil, tires, vintage, some pj, tix stubs. As long as it won't touch or damage print. Unique and kick butt! Imo
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:

Love it!
  • Options
    Someone on one of the PJ Facebook groups recently posted a picture of the Vegas N1 poster in a frame that they spray painted themselves. It was an affordable way to make the print pop more. I’m looking to do that for a Crowes poster I have but I wanted to know if they sandpapered the frame first or just put the spray paint on it as is. Of course I can’t fucking find the post anymore to ask. I’m hoping either that person posts here or someone here saw that too and knows where to find it. I have a spare frame since one I had shipped to me came with broken glass but I’d like more info ahead of time to avoid any potential issues. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 718
    ZoSoTim said:
    Someone on one of the PJ Facebook groups recently posted a picture of the Vegas N1 poster in a frame that they spray painted themselves. It was an affordable way to make the print pop more. I’m looking to do that for a Crowes poster I have but I wanted to know if they sandpapered the frame first or just put the spray paint on it as is. Of course I can’t fucking find the post anymore to ask. I’m hoping either that person posts here or someone here saw that too and knows where to find it. I have a spare frame since one I had shipped to me came with broken glass but I’d like more info ahead of time to avoid any potential issues. Can anyone help?
    A light sanding wouldn’t hurt. Helps the paint stick to the surface. Also I recommend using tremclad or rustoleum spray paint. Is it a wood frame? 
  • Options
    Medium density fiberboard
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,738
    edited May 25
    ZoSoTim said:
    I never do.  But you might prime it first. 

If you do sp, I would use like 000 or even steel wool.  Something very light.  I started painting frames years ago to add the extra color.  Works great. 
  • Options
    MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 477
    BLACK35 said:

This is my first time seeing this poster.  My goodness this is phenomenal!  One of the best band art posters I've ever seen.
  • Options
    CB24NZCB24NZ Posts: 18
    Not the best job but was hard enough getting a frame!

where did you score the poster from?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,386
    ^ Yield poster was in the shop last year… sold out 
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 718
    ZoSoTim said:
    Never worked with that material before. If you’re not too attached to the frame I’d say go for it. 
  • Options
    SM187650 said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Never worked with that material before. If you’re not too attached to the frame I’d say go for it. 
    It’s an inexpensive frame that I ended up getting for free because the glass was broken in shipping. Of course if it works I’ll have to swap it with another with the glass but that’s fine.