Options

framed poster thread

1434435436437438440»

Comments

• Options
    More CowbellMore Cowbell Posts: 175
    Basement #3 (and final submission).  Not a poster, obviously, but a nice cap to my framed Pearl Jam collection on display.  The same guy that framed most of my posters built this for me.  It hinges on the top with a lock on the bottom so you can remove the guitar if you want.  The guitar is mounted with two clear plastic clips that give it a floating look.  Hard to tell that from the photos, but if you look closely at the close up you can see the one plastic clip.  If you look even closer you can see the reflection of the Rome poster from my last post.  Thank you for indulging me a tour through my home Pearl Jam display.  Fin.

• Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 701
    Looks great!
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,935
    Yeah that's fucking awesome.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,780
    demetrios said:

My god, that Chicago print is a personal grail but now... with that framing it's a whole other level of TAKE MY MONEY
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    locked said:
    Forgive me if this is already been discussed. I’ve just gone down the wormhole for Tool poster collections . They have a new spin on poster collecting with something called “Remarques”. It’s where the original artist sells special poster, additions with doodles or added features that are not included in the original version. I’ve even seen individual fans. Send the original poster back to the artist for a specialized Remarque. Opens up a whole new world to this poster collection craze . Do any of the PJ posters ever get the Remarque treatment ?

Of course the answer is yes...

Several artists are notorious for this...

Hampton in particular leaves these huge white borders where he'll do remarques.... 

I have a pretty detailed one in my garage...

it's wayyyy back in this thread somewhere...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    unframed kickin in my ey dadio I (don't) wanna go dowwwwnnn to the basement yah.

Love this one

• Options

• Options

• Options
    lovely
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,005
    To the folks who asked about that Tool poster Remarque - not mine (I wish) having recently discovered that Tool fans are as obsessed or more obsessed than we are about their posters, there’s a whole world of these remarks out there. Most of them go for one or $2000 which is way over my price budget. I do notice that the Tool artist will draw right on the poster whereas it seems the PJ artist will only doodle in the borders, I prefer the Tool poster approach. Can you imagine Brad Clausen drawing an extra item inside one of his posters that would be epic! 
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 351
    I made the mistake of not specifying that I wanted the signed and numbered part of my Mansfield 98' poster to be showing. I can't see what number it is unless I have it reframed. 
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 209
    Ridiculous posters up in here!
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,308
    locked said:
    To the folks who asked about that Tool poster Remarque - not mine (I wish) having recently discovered that Tool fans are as obsessed or more obsessed than we are about their posters, there’s a whole world of these remarks out there. Most of them go for one or $2000 which is way over my price budget. I do notice that the Tool artist will draw right on the poster whereas it seems the PJ artist will only doodle in the borders, I prefer the Tool poster approach. Can you imagine Brad Clausen drawing an extra item inside one of his posters that would be epic! 
    Like this? 

• Options
    Super cool^^!
  • Options
    ItsmillertymeItsmillertyme Posts: 56
    not sure if everyone saw it but the Gabba Gallery has Emek's posters for sale many many Grails available  including Roma and Big Wave  GABBA GALLERY-EMEK Retrospective Pearl Jam Posters
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,533
    not sure if everyone saw it but the Gabba Gallery has Emek's posters for sale many many Grails available  including Roma and Big Wave  GABBA GALLERY-EMEK Retrospective Pearl Jam Posters
    $500 for the Philly Ten Show AP w/ a doodle doesn't seem like that bad of a deal... I think show editions were going for upwards of $300 on ebay. 
  • Options
    locked said:
    The Tool poster scene is f'ing nuts and while it only started in the last 6 years or so, yeah... they're more rabid than PJ fans at this point... Cleveland 2022 was like the videos you see of Black Friday chaos at shopping malls; it turned me off the scene for good. If I can get a poster w/ no hassle, I'm all in, but I'm done lining up early for them... I just want to enjoy the show at this point. 
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 772
    $500 for the Philly Ten Show AP w/ a doodle doesn't seem like that bad of a deal... I think show editions were going for upwards of $300 on ebay. 
    Last AP sold on eBay for $340, but they don't come around often. $500 is overpriced but your search can be over. Very cool poster and was somewhat unique because EMEK signed and number both sides of the APs.
  • Options
    danofun said:
    Last AP sold on eBay for $340, but they don't come around often. $500 is overpriced but your search can be over. Very cool poster and was somewhat unique because EMEK signed and number both sides of the APs.
    Disagree on it being overpriced... the doodle likely makes it one of a kind. 
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 772
    edited May 2
    danofun said:
    In other words, if you've been looking for one, now is your chance!
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 324
    tschav said:
    demetrios said:

My god, that Chicago print is a personal grail but now... with that framing it's a whole other level of TAKE MY MONEY
    Holy Grail indeed. that East Troy show was my first PJ concert.
  • Options
    ItsmillertymeItsmillertyme Posts: 56
    this foil one was up for sale too......check out those oodles of doodles !!!!
  • Options
    danofun said:
    danofun said:
    In other words, if you've been looking for one, now is your chance!
    Infer what you will. 
  • Options
    this foil one was up for sale too......check out those oodles of doodles !!!!
    I tried to snag that one, but hesitated and got U504d! (F2F term lol) 
  • Options
    danofun said:
    I'm not seeing any unique doodle and the listing says the edition varies from the picture. But I agree it's not overpriced. There's only 100 APs and most of them will never come up for sale. I have one and wouldn't sell for $500. The last ebay price isn't necessarily a good measure -- it may have just been a steal. It's common to see people list things with a buy it now price that's much lower than what they could have gotten in an auction.