Tiki said:

Get Your WIngs
    Aerosmith
    digitizing an late 80s early 90s LP needledrop on TDK SA tape Dolby B

Cool
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    MedozK said:

My sister in law let my wife & I borrow her Ford Festiva once & this was stuck in the dashboard deck. No AC, Australian summer....when I listen to it I get hot.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Are there any albums from the past which were "only" released on cassette?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

getting ready for the show tonight.
    rssesq said:

getting ready for the show tonight.

Awesome album
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited July 2016
    The Beatles Rarities
    recent super clean LP needledrop Dolby C Sony UX
    digitized into the machine 96k FLAC on the listen

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    just grabbed VS, Vitalogy on Cassette and Tragically Hip's Road Apples. $12.00 for all three.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Just scored a small lot on eBay that included Ten, VS, Vitalogy, Down on the Upside, and Louder Than Love.
    edited October 2016
    I'm looking to upgrade my player. Any suggestions? I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but somewhere in the middle is fine. I'd like a 3 head. And is auto reverse really worth it or is it just something else to worry about breaking?

I've heard of brands like Onkyo, Nakamichi, Teac, Marantz etc. But idk much about the different models or what more $$$ really gets you.

Thank you
    Post edited by bflynn1 on
    edited October 2016
    if i had to search one out...I'd look for a Nakamichi MR-1 or BX-300 and have this guy tune it up.

realistically the Nak DR-8 is what I run, and (if you can find one) it's cheaper.
    any of those late 90s early 2000 high end Sony/Pioneer/Yamaha decks with the Dolby S are all great options.
    Thanks for the feedback Tiki. Since the thread was kind of slow I started doing some research on my own and also found the DR-8 to be a great option alongside the MR-1 and BX-300. I'll look into the Sony's etc. just to be sure I cover all bases.

Oh and to get back to the cassettes, I picked up RHCP: What Hits? and Monster Magnet: Powertrip for $1.50 each at my local shop last night. Not a bad way to spend $3 :grin:
    edited October 2016
    @Tiki what would be considered a fair price for an MR-1 or BX-300?

Or anyone with Nakamichi experience that wants to chime in.
    Post edited by bflynn1 on
    You'd want to get a good deal on one so...I've had both and I was lucky enough to find them in situations where the seller was kind of clueless ($35 for the BX and $5 for the MR). They can range in ebay price from 100 to 325 (and up), but they should be pretty pristine for that type of $$$.
    The MR takes unbalanced jacks, but you can get adapters at Radio Shack or online for cheap.
  • AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    I was big into trading live music back in the day. I used to buy Maxell XLIIs & MXs by the case. Then I got into DAT. I still have a token handful of cassettes and DATs as well as my trusty old Nakamichi CR-7 and Panasonic sv3700 DAT players. I don't listen to any of them much anymore.
    greatest mix tape of the 90's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIxXA_zqELc
    rssesq said:

greatest mix tape of the 90's
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIxXA_zqELc

Nice!
    edited October 2016
    Picked up Roger Waters: The Wall Berlin 1990 and Muddy Waters: At Newport 1960 from my local shop
    bflynn1 said:

Picked up Roger Waters: The Wall Berlin 1990 and Muddy Waters: At Newport 1960 from my local shop

Nice finds.
    MedozK said:

bflynn1 said:

Nice finds.
    Thank you. Went to Goodwill today on a whim and found two Janis Joplin live recordings, a Jimi Hendrix live recording, Rush: A Farewell to Kings, and a band called the Screamin Cheetah Wheelies who were apparently out of Nashville in the early 90s and don't sound half bad. All of these were on XLII 90 cassettes. Awesome finds!
  • FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    Is it sad that I still have my cassette collection AND my stereo from the 90's?! I could never bear to part with them! So currently on deck I have Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream and Van Halen - 1984! :D
    Foxkin said:

Is it sad that I still have my cassette collection AND my stereo from the 90's?! I could never bear to part with them! So currently on deck I have Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream and Van Halen - 1984! :D

Those are two great albums.
    Starting to get pumped for the Halloween show Friday.
    I picked up a nice Nak BX-300 deck yesterday. Now I just need to decide on a new (to me) receiver to pair with it. Suggestions? This is my first Nak.

Anyone pick up anything interesting from the cassette bins lately? I found a copy of STP: Core and Temple of the Dog at one of the local shops while I was in Chicago for the World Series.