Options

Strange Facts

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited August 2016
    rgambs said:

Having been the human master for both cats and dogs in my life, I can say confidently that there is absolutely no reason to hate cats, they are soft and somewhat affectionate, and they are excellent for rodent control.

On the flip side, they have less than half of the emotional depth of dogs, they poop in the house, they are more allergenic, and often show little to no affection at all.

Nothing to hate about them, but not that much to celebrate either lol

I think it's pretty weird to hate any type of animal, or at least ones that aren't well-known to carry diseases.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    crabs have teeth in their stomachs
    rabbits & parrots can see behind themselves without turning their heads
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    it is said that the beatles shows smelled of urine due to super excited girls peeing themselves silly

Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Here's some crazy facts about the rainfall that we got last weekend from weather.com

4 TRILLION GALLONS: The total rainfall over southern Louisiana Aug. 12-14 was equivalent to more than 4 trillion gallons of water, according to Dr. Matt Sitkowski of The Weather Channel. That's enough water to fill more than six million Olympic-sized swimming pools, he added.

31.39 INCHES OF RAIN: The maximum rainfall total for this event was 31.39 inches in Watson, Louisiana, just northeast of Baton Rouge. At least five other locations had observed rainfall totals in excess of two feet, all located north or east of Baton Rouge.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones have the same birthday.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520

Stranger fact is Zeta Jones marrying Michael Douglas
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

so do ryan adams and bryan adams.... and my dad. ;) lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I dated a girl from Telaveve (spelling) in the early 80's who was my same age and Birthdate, we were born only a few hours apart.

Godfather.
  • Options

I dated a girl from Telaveve (spelling) in the early 80's who was my same age and Birthdate, we were born only a few hours apart.

Godfather.

Tel aviv, Israel?

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Godfather.

Tel aviv, Israel?

yes, she was here on a travel visa and eventually went home I assume but I always wonder if she has been affected by the crap with ISIS.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

Tel aviv, Israel?

yes, she was here on a travel visa and eventually went home I assume but I always wonder if she has been affected by the crap with ISIS.

Godfather.

In Israel? Doubt it. :/

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    How can you butcher Tel Aviv like that? You've had to have read a newspaper or seen it on TV before.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

How can you butcher Tel Aviv like that? You've had to have read a newspaper or seen it on TV before.

ohhhhh it was easy ! LOL !!!

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

Tel aviv, Israel?

Godfather.

You mean you wonder if she has been affected by the crap Israel is maintaining with Palestine?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I just think about her safety from time to time that's all.

Godfather.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Tel aviv, Israel?

Godfather.

You mean you wonder if she has been affected by the crap Israel is maintaining with Palestine?
    truth
  • Options
    GF got a date?

With a Telaveve girl?

That's an interesting fact by itself.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

GF got a date?

With a Telaveve girl?

That's an interesting fact by itself.

:lol:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Strange fact: a ga line was started during the Saturday night pearl jam show for Monday night's show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Some amazing perspective here from Professor Brian Cox:

-In around one billion years Earth will be destroyed by the Sun

-In around six billion years the Sun will explode

-In around ten thousand trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion years the Universe will be nothing more than a sea of photons. By my calculation that’s actually one Googol years. It’s not often you get to use the Googol number, if you don’t know how much it is – google it. Oh, the irony :)

-Cox also told us that “As a fraction of the lifespan of the universe … life, as we know it, is only possible for one thousandth of a billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billionth of a percent.” By my calculation, that means life is only possible for a period of one hundred trillion years (10^100 – 10^86 = 10^14).

:open_mouth:

http://www.althinking.com/2011/03/13/professor-brian-cox-wonders-of-the-universe-destiny/

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    brianlux said:

-In around ten thousand trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion years the Universe will be nothing more than a sea of photons. By my calculation that’s actually one Googol years. It’s not often you get to use the Googol number, if you don’t know how much it is – google it. Oh, the irony :)

-Cox also told us that “As a fraction of the lifespan of the universe … life, as we know it, is only possible for one thousandth of a billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billionth of a percent.” By my calculation, that means life is only possible for a period of one hundred trillion years (10^100 – 10^86 = 10^14).

http://www.althinking.com/2011/03/13/professor-brian-cox-wonders-of-the-universe-destiny/

Yiu just showed why some people just don't give a flying rats ass about the enviroment. (I'm not one of those, despite our disagreements on certain fossil fuel burning).
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Strange Fact (says I): Political commentators like Rush are secretly rooting for Hillary to win because it means better ratings over the next four years.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Jason P said:

Strange Fact (says I): Political commentators like Rush are secretly rooting for Hillary to win because it means better ratings over the next four years.

Damn I never looked at it that way. Spot on bud!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

brianlux said:

Yiu just showed why some people just don't give a flying rats ass about the enviroment. (I'm not one of those, despite our disagreements on certain fossil fuel burning).
    Interesting perspective. TO my way of thinking it's exactly the opposite. Another thing Cox has said elsewhere is that the odds of any kind life occurring anywhere at all are super slim and the odds of intelligent life such as us humans evolving is stupendously slim. We are a freak occurrence in a nearly infinitesimal bit of time and to not treasure that, to not make the most of it, to not value, nurture, take care of and value to the utmost the life cycles of this planet is, at least to my way of thinking, is the ultimate offense toward that gift of life we live in in this moment of time. To not treasure it, to throw it away, is insane.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

true fact - when i clicked the link the site came up plus a warning window saying the site is not safe.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

brianlux said:

true fact - when i clicked the link the site came up plus a warning window saying the site is not safe.
    So sorry, Chadwick! My computer is a rather naive and trusting computer. It seems to think almost everything is safe, even with Malwarebytes installed.

• Options
    all is well, mr. brian

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Brian tried to ruin Chadwick's computer?
  • Options

Look out, Thirty, yours is next! image

• Options
    brianlux said:

Look out, Thirty, yours is next! image
    The way it operates, I'm pretty sure you already got it!