*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• phungiphungi Posts: 640
    Been to many shows, and hard to compare set lists, venues, seats, and all those contributing factors... Since '92 there have been some amazing experiences.

That said, Fenway 2 will rank among my favorite shows, as well as the most fun! If you were there, you felt it...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Was miracles acoustic or electric?
  • SteffyLou said:

Did anyone else have a tough time with the feedback coming through starting at Immortality? The show was awesome, but starting at that song the sound was off for about half the remainder, which killed me because the setlist was amazing.

Yes! In Grandstand 7 the sound was like that all night. Didn't ruin it, but put a damper on the evening for me.
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 532
    edited August 2016
    This show was incredible. It just rocked out and was the show I needed to get the life punch in the arm reaffirming you are lucky to be alive and seeing this amazing band that ages like the finest f-ing wine ever made.

The city and people of Boston are incredible.

Fenway Park is a special place.

I met so many amazing Ten Club members and it was special to talk to our family here who all have so much more in common than just Pearl Jam. We have shared life experiences as we grew up with this band.

So thankful. ❤️
    Post edited by Torontonian on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Poncier said:

We had great fun at relay..amazing setlist..my 3 of top 5 song live played.NAIS-BREATH-DEEP

As soon as they started NAIS, I was thinking of you.
    i always say it.,..about NAIS..when they play it,,in daylight..u know when sun goes down and its just before gets darket,,the song goes to another level!!and last night sounded so amazing!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    EB218946 said:

Thought it was a good show for sure. But night one was so much better.

totally agree...seems we're in the minority though
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • 16chez2116chez21 Posts: 83
    pjpitt89 said:

25th show last night and certainly a classic. Not sure if it goes to the too of my list but it was great. They all seemed to be having so much FUN, as evident by Jeff running around during RITFW smacking some drumsticks together laughing like a little kid! Great night, great crowd.

Also, did I lose my mind mimentarily or did they tease Wooden Jesus right before kicking into Breath?

You did not lose your mind, they teased Wooden Jesus. That would have been awesome (although I am certainly not complaining; that show was EPIC).
  • Wow. Just wow. The band was ON and the crowd was IN IT last night. The energy and noise coming from the crowd really made the show for me. I preferred night 1, but only because I was on the turf out in the open air in a 10C section with some fans that were more into it, and the sound was WAY WAY WAY better on the turf than in/under the grandstand. I never thought it could make such a huge difference but we had sound bouncing all over the place all night and it was impossible to understand Eddie talking. NOT complaining at all, it happens. Even with the eh sound, I could tell they CRUSHED the classics last night, and the crowd ate it up. Probably some of the best versions of RVM, Betterman, Even Flow, Corduroy, Not for You, Breath, Alive....

My gems were Nothing As It Seems (FINALLY GOT IT!!), Angel (I almost dropped), Immortality, Off He Goes, Miracles! Yellow Moon into Angels into Footsteps into Miracles - WHAT?! Wow..... Great set. I'm so damn lucky.

Like night 1, Eddie was plain ol' giddy to be there. He was so psyched through the baseball story, I didn't even care that I could hardly understand a word and that he was stopping the music for baseball (which I couldn't care less about) - he was SO happy and grateful, you could feel/hear it.

Thank you Fenway!! The crowd was stellar and the venue fabulous! Can't wait til Wrigley!!
  • Mrs_Eddie_VedderMrs_Eddie_Vedder Boston, MA Posts: 75
    Getting emotional reading these reviews! My 7th & 8th shows this weekend and I've seen other big acts play Fenway before (Springsteen, Petty, Police)... NOTHING compares to the magic and energy radiating out of that ballpark this weekend. The band is at the top of their game and they were an absolute joy to witness, so much reverence for Fenway and Boston. It was everything we could have hoped for and more.
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164

Was miracles acoustic or electric?

Electric, and it was glorious!
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Very happy this was my 25th show. Sad the tour is over for me but grateful I got to see seven shows this amazing tour.

The view last night from section A4 row 24 was spectacular. So happy to have been on the turf both nights B4 night 1). Highlights were NAIS as the third song and Angel. So fun and I'll miss Fenway and Boston.

Have fun for those at wrigley. Maybe I'll be at some shows for PJ26 :smile:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Spags said:
    @brianlux make sure you're sitting down when you watch this dude!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • dkast85dkast85 NYC area Posts: 99
    Nice to see them put Porch and Given to Fly away for the night. Great songs but they play them every darn show.
    @DaveKast
    "Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be driven." - Jean P. Richter
    Phoenix 2013, LA 1 2013, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Philly 1 2016, MSG 1 2016, MSG 2 2016, Fenway 2 2016.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Last night was as close to perfect as you can get. Great setting, great crowd, great sound and the band brought it!
    Thank you Pearl Jam.
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    NAIS, Immortallity, Not for you, Deep!!
    Go 2nd encore happened!
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    Me and the Mrs watched the whole thing on Periscope and it was fantastic just watching via the Internet shot from someone's phone, so must have been amazing being there live!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    goldrush said:

Spags said:
    @brianlux make sure you're sitting down when you watch this dude!
    Excellent!!! imageimageimage
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cjoreacjorea Posts: 69
    What an absolutely wonderful two days of music. From the beautiful, meticulously crafted setlists, the enthusiastic and energetic performances, the genuine interest in both music and fans. Pure awesome.

Thes shows were 50+ for me, and 5-6 for my sister, and they were an absolute treat...

I'd go as far as to say epic, although I generally dislike the term unless it is being used by some wannabe hippy Phish fan recounting (in perhaps the only way he/she can) the exctacsy driven coma they experienced during Tweezer Reprise into 2001...

However, they were in fact epic.

To be a little more precise, those shows were 25 years in the making, and were collectively filled to the brim with whatever anyone could expect or want from Pearl Jam.

And to be honest, so much more - standing on the field at Fenway, watching PJ under the shadow of the green monster?!?!?

Maybe its better to write something along the lines of these shows were good, but could have been better, and the band has a lot of work ahead of itself in preparing for the upcoming Wrigley Field performances... the next 12 days better be spent fine tuning their craft..., but there's nothing really to say:

Jeff, Mike, Matt, Boom, Eddie, and Stone ABSOLUTELY rocked Fenway.

On behalf of my sister and I, thank you... to the people behind the scenes, to the band itself, to our (mostly:) wonderful neighbors in the ADA section - thank you thank you thank you.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I was at my seat and at 7:32 I got a text that read, "Buddy saw set list. Said if your a diehard you might die in your seat tonight"
    I showed the text to a few people in our B5 row 2 turfs and proceeded to have an incredible evening. WHAT A TRULY GREAT WEEKEND. The shows, HOB, the people of Boston, just great. Even the forecasts of rain on Saturday didn't apply.
    BRAVO
  • philzonereddyphilzonereddy NH, NY Posts: 117
    Fantastic show...

Loved it...
    Rochester, NY>The Haunt...Ithaca>Syracuse>Troy, NY

Upstate '91 Tour Alumni...the rest is history...
  • EGrover88EGrover88 CT Posts: 30
    My wife got a great shot of Matt wailing on the drums!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    EGrover88 said:

My wife got a great shot of Matt wailing on the drums!

Nice!

Anyone know of any professional photographers who worked either show? Would love to look into buying a shot or two from the weekend.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Awesome pic...Matt FN Cameron!!!!
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    he has an awesome peaky blinders haircut.
  • My 17th show. Been to a lot of great ones and this was just a magical night. Probably just behind Philly 3 for me (but that was not just a great show but an exceptional night personally - front row lottery, Ed talking to us, my kids getting tons of swag). As a Bostonian, Red Sox season ticket holder, and PJ diehard last night was an amazing confluence of circumstances. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the band!
    96: 10-2 Hartford
    03: 7-11 Mansfield 3
    04: 9-28 Boston 1
    08: 6-28 Mansfield 1
    09: 10-30 Philly 3, 10-31 Philly 4
    10: 5-15 Hartford, 5-17 Boston
    11: 9-3 Alpine Valley, 9-4 Alpine Valley
    13: 10-15 Worcester 1, 10-16 Worcester 2, 10-25 Hartford
    16: 4-29 Philly 2, 5-1 MSG 1, 8-5 Fenway 1, 8-7 Fenway 2
    18: 9-2 Fenway 1, 9-4 Fenway 2
    21: 9-26 Ohana
    22: 5-6 LA, 5-7 LA, 5-16 Fresno
    EV SOLO: 8-2-08 Boston 2, 6-8-09 Albany 1, 6-15-11 Providence, 6-16-11 Boston, 6-18-11 Hartford, 11-1-12 Las Vegas
    Tres Mts: 3-27-11 Boston
  • Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    I can't believe they repeated 6 songs...worst show ever! Hahaha
    Seriously spoiled watching this band!! Now I get to hear....."You went to both shows....don't they play the same songs?? Still in a daze from last night....unreal!!
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    Just an insane way to end a weekend of PJ at Fenway. I love this band and I love that park.

I did want to add that I hope the guy that was sitting behind us in B2 is ok. He fell ill during the show and had to be taken out on a stretcher. Scary stuff.

As for me, I actually had to sit down for a couple of songs because I was a little too high. It was actually amazing to just sit there and listen to the music without wondering what was happening on stage for those two songs. I could feel the energy from the crowd and the band while listening to the sweet sounds of immortality vibrate all around me.

I took my girlfriend to her first two PJ shows this weekend and we couldn't have asked for a better time. It was a great see a lot of friends, old and new, as well as meeting a lot of new people. We are an awesome bunch of crazy people that love this band and that is what draws me to this community. Sharing a common love for something is very special and when it all comes together for two nights at Fenway, well, it doesn't get much better than that.

Until the next show....
  • dkast85dkast85 NYC area Posts: 99
    cjorea said:

What an absolutely wonderful two days of music. From the beautiful, meticulously crafted setlists, the enthusiastic and energetic performances, the genuine interest in both music and fans. Pure awesome.

Thes shows were 50+ for me, and 5-6 for my sister, and they were an absolute treat...

I'd go as far as to say epic, although I generally dislike the term unless it is being used by some wannabe hippy Phish fan recounting (in perhaps the only way he/she can) the exctacsy driven coma they experienced during Tweezer Reprise into 2001...

To be a little more precise, those shows were 25 years in the making, and were collectively filled to the brim with whatever anyone could expect or want from Pearl Jam.

And to be honest, so much more - standing on the field at Fenway, watching PJ under the shadow of the green monster?!?!?

Maybe its better to write something along the lines of these shows were good, but could have been better, and the band has a lot of work ahead of itself in preparing for the upcoming Wrigley Field performances... the next 12 days better be spent fine tuning their craft..., but there's nothing really to say:

On behalf of my sister and I, thank you... to the people behind the scenes, to the band itself, to our (mostly:) wonderful neighbors in the ADA section - thank you thank you thank you.

lol at your "epic" comment as it goes for Phish fans. PJ fans are the ones that overuse that words. Every single show is "Amazing!" All people do with PJ is look at the setlist and they say it is EPIC! The only time i've ever heard PJ fans be critical of a show is MSG n2 this year. Seems like PJ generally plays the same show each night and last night was special because they challenged themselves by ditching Given to Fly and Porch as I said earlier. At least Phish challenges themselves every single night by trying new things every time they hit the stage. PJ, while amazing, is just canned music opened up on stage.
    @DaveKast
    "Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be driven." - Jean P. Richter
    Phoenix 2013, LA 1 2013, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Philly 1 2016, MSG 1 2016, MSG 2 2016, Fenway 2 2016.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    dkast85 said:

cjorea said:

lol at your "epic" comment as it goes for Phish fans. PJ fans are the ones that overuse that words. Every single show is "Amazing!" All people do with PJ is look at the setlist and they say it is EPIC! The only time i've ever heard PJ fans be critical of a show is MSG n2 this year. Seems like PJ generally plays the same show each night and last night was special because they challenged themselves by ditching Given to Fly and Porch as I said earlier. At least Phish challenges themselves every single night by trying new things every time they hit the stage. PJ, while amazing, is just canned music opened up on stage.
    Lol, why are you a paying member of PJ's fan club then?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,925
    I was a big fan of the night one setlist and this was even better!

Hope they make it to Europe next year.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam