Options

Police shooting people.....

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,766
    pjalive21 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/falcon-heights-shooting-minnesota/index.html

Overwhelmed. I started tearing up. This guy's life is ending in front of us. Ugh. Too much.

This is tragic nonetheless but we come into the story halfway thru it...will admit from where it starts it doesn't look good and he was licensed to carry a gun, but in this particular case I definitely need to get all the facts

this woman's poor child...now that gets me
    informed the cop he carried, was licensed. stated he was reaching for id. AS ORDERED. murdered.

anything else you want?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    mickeyrat said:

pjalive21 said:

Overwhelmed. I started tearing up. This guy's life is ending in front of us. Ugh. Too much.

This is tragic nonetheless but we come into the story halfway thru it...will admit from where it starts it doesn't look good and he was licensed to carry a gun, but in this particular case I definitely need to get all the facts

informed the cop he carried, was licensed. stated he was reaching for id. AS ORDERED. murdered.

anything else you want?
    That's the part I don't get....if the officer orders him to get his license and registration then reaches to get it then the officer shoots. What was the driver to do.....if the driver refuses to get his L&R in fear of his life that refusal could end his life. I gather if you are black you just better not have a license to carry a weapon in your car.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited July 2016
    mickeyrat said:

pjalive21 said:

anything else you want?
    ok then leaves us with even more damn questions "if" he was ordered (which is debatable or hearsay) to get his license and he was shot anyway...Murder....but if he went to reach in his pants without being told to do so then that is a different story...like I said we can sit on the sidelines and judge all we want right now but we need to get all the facts...either way like I stated before sure in the hell doesn't look good right now at all

• Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    g under p said:

mickeyrat said:

pjalive21 said:

anything else you want?
    That's the part I don't get....if the officer orders him to get his license and registration then reaches to get it then the officer shoots. What was the driver to do.....if the driver refuses to get his L&R in fear of his life that refusal could end his life. I gather if you are black you just better not have a license to carry a weapon in your car.

Peace

This Tyranny is why we need to protect the 2nd Amendment.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Question: With all the tension between Cops and citizens with all the stuff since Michael Brown and all the backlash they have taken in cases they were justified or not justified don't you expect them to be a little more uneasy? let me make this clear that is NOT any justification, but lets remember these are human beings with families as well as the victims and you happen to be in a career that is complete and utterly a mess at the moment that no way in hell I would want to be a cop right now...something to ponder

where do we go from here?? can any of this be repaired??
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i said alot of times..the pronblem is the law,not the officer..
    the officer can shoot to kill cos someone has a gun,a knife,a screwdriver in the pocket..can shoot to kill and all its ok,cos they have the right..ill give u two exables here in greece
    1 exable..like a year ago the number 1 wanted terrorist spoted at a tourist area,police try to catch him,he start shooting to everyone,and injured 2 tourist,finally a policeman shoot him at the arm he holding the gun..
    terrosrist is in jail,for life..and police office got kudos cos he react and eliminate the danger as he was traineds to do
    2.exable ..4-5 15 years old kids back at 2008 throw a bottle at apolice car..policaman got around the street,leave the police car and return walking at the street kids walking.,.kids saw him and froim distance start calling him names ..he shoot ans kill one of the kids,on the head from big distance..
    policeman got life with no parole..
    in america,someone has a gun??u can shoot and kill him even he is on the ground with 4 policemen over him...but he has a gun.,,lets kill him like a dog in the street,the law covers me,cos he has a gun
    in greece,if u shoot to kill,while the suspect is on the ground ,the policeman gets life in prison

the reason the law is like that here,isnt that want to protect a bad ,guy,or want to panisment the police officer..
    the reason is they dont want innocent people and by mistake or bad judgement of a police officer,get killed..
    so if someone didnt listen a policeman call him and he put his hand to grab his phone ,no policeman has the right ,cos he can,or think he is in dangerous,can shoot him in the head..
    when u kinow that ,if u misjudge as a policeman or u think u can use your gun with no reason,u go in jail for murder and law doesnt cover u,u will think twice before u shoot somoene,and especiall shoot to kill

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    edited July 2016
    pjalive21 said:

Question: With all the tension between Cops and citizens with all the stuff since Michael Brown and all the backlash they have taken in cases they were justified or not justified don't you expect them to be a little more uneasy? let me make this clear that is NOT any justification, but lets remember these are human beings with families as well as the victims and you happen to be in a career that is complete and utterly a mess at the moment that no way in hell I would want to be a cop right now...something to ponder

where do we go from here?? can any of this be repaired??

everyone and their fucking dog are allowed to own a gun in america. we have the same class and race and justice issues in Canada, yet it's rare to have wrongful shootings in Canada that involve the police.

I don't know if it can be repaired. if it can, it's going to take a LONG fucking time.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    To me the issue is on all sides of the spectrum. The police need to learn more restraint and the citizens need to learn more respect for the law. I am not saying the officer the law. There are too many people who think they can just ignore the police and the police think they are they are above given respect as well. I hope this makes sense.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

To me the issue is on all sides of the spectrum. The police need to learn more restraint and the citizens need to learn more respect for the law. I am not saying the officer the law. There are too many people who think they can just ignore the police and the police think they are they are above given respect as well. I hope this makes sense.

in other words..everyone needs to calm the fuck down!!life is so precious
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    Free said:

This is an interesting article.

23 Everyday Actions Punishable by Death if You're Black in America

https://mic.com/articles/147878/23-everyday-actions-punishable-by-death-if-you-re-black-in-america#.z4fuENQll

This article is just as much of the problem as anything else, and should piss you of as much as any video being shared.
    Yes, there have been ISOLATED incidents of brutality like the murder of a black man in SC by a police officer.
    But no one has EVER been shot by police because they were selling CD's. Spreading these lies puts anger into some communities which creates fear in others, causing people to react out of fear.
    This article doesn't say he was a violent criminal with a history, threatening people with a gun who just happened to be selling CD's at the time. Nope, they just say if you're black and sell CD's youll get shot. SO stupid.
    No one has ever died BECAUSE they were selling cigarettes, wearing a hoodie, etc. Stop spreading the hate, which creates fear and causes an over reaction. This over reaction happens because groups like BLM buy into and spread these lies and threaten justice through their own violence, killing innocent cops among other citizens. And you wonder why some cops are now more trigger happy as a result?
    I could create a much longer list of what white people were doing when they got murdered, but that would just be stupid so I wont.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Why is the steering wheel on the right hand side of the car?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534

I guess it's a right side steering car. Some people have them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

she was recording with the front part of her phone

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    pjalive21 said:

she was recording with the front part of her phone

apparently when it was uploaded the video got reversed.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pjalive21 said:

innocent until proven guilty unless you're a cop then you're guilty and in the wrong before the facts even come out...its the new fad

now if only the protesters gave two shits about all the killings that go on everyday in their neighborhoods

• Options
    edited July 2016
    my2hands said:

pjalive21 said:

innocent until proven guilty unless you're a cop then you're guilty and in the wrong before the facts even come out...its the new fad

now if only the protesters gave two shits about all the killings that go on everyday in their neighborhoods

Weeeellllll.... I see your point, except that I think a lot of people are capable of watching video footage and coming to a reasonable conclusion, especially with the most recent video. Most people know a murder when they see one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    my2hands said:

pjalive21 said:

Who are you or anyone else to say that people don't care about the daily shootings in their neighborhood?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Here's more about the man that was shot and killed in his car while driving to the grocery store.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-live-streamed-boyfriends-shooting-minnesota-speaks/story?id=40404120

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/07/07/3796518/mark-dayton-philando-castile-racism/

“Would this had happened if those passengers were white? I don’t think it would’ve,” Dayton said. “So I’m forced to confront, and I think all of us in Minnesota are forced to confront, [that] this kind of racism exists.”
  • Options
    edited July 2016

my2hands said:

pjalive21 said:

Who are you or anyone else to say that people don't care about the daily shootings in their neighborhood?
    60 shootings in the city of Chicago over 4th of July weekend is proof no one give a shit

you think the streets are going to patrol themselves?

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

my2hands said:

pjalive21 said:

60 Murders in the city of Chicago over 4th of July weekend is proof no one give a shit

I think people do give a shit. But I don't think it's fair to compare those shootings (pretty much all gang shootings) to police shootings. Apples and oranges. There are so many factors that make those two separate issues.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So whats the background of Alton Stirling ... I've read that he has an extensive criminal record? Is this true? If so...how could he be carrying legally? You can carry guns in the USA with an extensive criminal record..? and be allowed a concealed carry permit? Am I missing something.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,766
    pjalive21 said:

anything else you want?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

So whats the background of Alton Stirling ... I've read that he has an extensive criminal record? Is this true? If so...how could he be carrying legally? You can carry guns in the USA with an extensive criminal record..? and be allowed a concealed carry permit? Am I missing something.

I think you are combing two different shooting victims. Alton Sterling is the one with the extensive criminal record......Philando Castile had a license to carry with apparently no criminal record, he was shot and killed in MN.

PEACE

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

pjalive21 said:

anything else you want?
    Are sure he was licensed to carry a gun? He supposedly had an extensive criminal record ... how are you legally able to buy a gun with a criminal record?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    lukin2006 said:

Sterling was the NOLA shooting. He was a shitbag, and based on the little we've read about the case, while the cops may have acted rashly, this looks justified. The cops were initially called to the scene because he was pointing his gun at someone. He was resisting, and apparently reaching for his gun while being restrained. Fuck him.

The other case was pretty clear cut murder by cop. The poor guy got pulled over for a broken tail light, had a concealed carry permit, was asked to produce it, and was shot while attempting to comply. Fuck the cop.

That's the problem with people on either side making blanket statements about white cops shooting black people. All of these cases are situational, and shouldn't be lumped together.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    lukin2006 said:

(edit: The following post was written when I thought were talking about the Minnesota victim, since he was the one who was supposedly reaching for his carry permit, not the guy in Baton Rouge)

:giggle: You might want to ask that in the American gun violence thread! But here is the info on getting a permit in Minnesota: http://www.usacarry.com/minnesota_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

.... and here is Minnesota Statute 624.714: https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=624.714&format=pdf

.... Aaaaaannnnd I don't have time to research all of these to figure out if he was really legally allowed to be issued a permit: (i) 518B.01, subdivision 14;
    (ii) 609.224, subdivision 3;
    (iii) 609.2242, subdivision 3;
    (iv) 609.749, subdivision 8;
    (v) 624.713;
    (vi) 624.719;
    (vii) 629.715, subdivision 2;
    (viii) 629.72, subdivision 2; or
    (ix) any federal law;

And I don't know if he was listed in the criminal gang investigative data system under section 299C.091.

It doesn't seem to me that it says convicted criminals are necessarily exempt. But if he had one, then the country Sheriff's office thought it was okay.

Jesus. Um, yeah, America has a problem with their gun laws. Holy crap.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

Sterling was the NOLA shooting. He was a shitbag, and based on the little we've read about the case, while the cops may have acted rashly, this looks justified. The cops were initially called to the scene because he was pointing his gun at someone. He was resisting, and apparently reaching for his gun while being restrained. Fuck him.

The other case was pretty clear cut murder by cop. The poor guy got pulled over for a broken tail light, had a concealed carry permit, was asked to produce it, and was shot while attempting to comply. Fuck the cop.

That's the problem with people on either side making blanket statements about white cops shooting black people. All of these cases are situational, and shouldn't be lumped together.
    Very well said bud
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

The way you spelled his last name is the same spelling as the person mentioned in the article posted by the OP ... my spelling was incorrect, none the less, the name i've googled is coming up as the Baton Rouge victim and many articles mention extensive criminal record ... if so, how can you own a gun legally?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    lukin2006 said:

jeffbr said:

lukin2006 said:

The way you spelled his last name is the same spelling as the person mentioned in the article posted by the OP ... my spelling was incorrect, none the less, the name i've googled is coming up as the Baton Rouge victim and many articles mention extensive criminal record ... if so, how can you own a gun legally?
    I'll ask you where do you get the idea that Sterling the LA shooting victim owned a gun LEGALLY?

Peace