Options

THE RIDE FESTIVAL?!?!

Comments

• Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    Perfect response! And totally redeems themselves!
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    Yep. Everybody can relax again.
  • Options
    DK121854DK121854 Posts: 8
    If anyone is still on the fence for this, I have two tickets + camping pass available for the weekend. I'd love to go but just can't squeeze in this and the Wrigley shows. I'd be willing to let them go for under face value, please PM me if interested.
  • Options
    What day is everyone getting to telluride? Looks like a lot of free music on Friday which is cool.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

What day is everyone getting to telluride? Looks like a lot of free music on Friday which is cool.

7/6 here... anyone going early, looking to eat, drink, and toke hit me up. yes, friday will be a great start to a great weekend.
  • Options

Late afternoon Thursday
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Denver early Fri morning and whatever the drive is..6 hours maybe
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    livefreelivefree Norwood, CO Posts: 25
    We're willing to trade two Telluride RideFest GA tickets for two Sunday Wrigley Field GA (8/21). We're longtime residents of the Telluride region and are so psyched for this show! We welcome the PJ posse to the San Juan Mountains! The mountains are magnificent right now; just spent four days at Telluride Bluegrass Festival. Telluride Town Park is a drop-dead venue. Fabulous!
    PJ and all attending fans are in for a REAL treat! Should be epic. A four-hour show is not out of the realm of possibilities.
    Please PM if interested.
  • Options
    JMoneyJMoney Denver Posts: 44
    Same as noload, driving up from Denver on Friday morning... be interested in what people are planning, with family but will be solo on Saturday when I'm in PJ mode...
    Lake Fairfax, VA '92 - Missoula, MT '12 - Baltimore '13 - Denver '14 - Telluride '16 - Denver '22
  • Options
    UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    My family and I should be arriving Friday early afternoon.
  • Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    my wife and i will be getting to town park early saturday morning.... hopefully i can find a spot to place my tent...
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Arriving early Friday morning for my 8 am shift
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    I'm making the drive in from Denver on Thursday but not sure we're I am staying yet that night. I'll be camping in town park the other nights.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Early weather reports call for thunderstorms the entire week of The Ride festival....

Man, the boys just have ZERO luck with outdoor gigs.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

Early weather reports call for thunderstorms the entire week of The Ride festival....

Man, the boys just have ZERO luck with outdoor gigs.

I will be skeptical of the forecast 2 days before..that's a ways away weather wise. Hope for dry conditions for all :).
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    the weather can change fast in telluride. the sun is strong at that elevation. best to bring some rain gear, just in case, and drink water. drink water.
  • Options
    Lotsa, lotsa water...
  • Options
    You're in the mountains in the summer...it will absolutely rain at some point of the festival.
    Count on it...
  • Options
    Telluride is a place where you can never be overpacked for. Be prepared for any kind of weather
  • Options
    toolfan2305toolfan2305 Posts: 351
    Any suggestions for a rookie camper?
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

for me personally, when i camped in town park, i bypassed the cooking/stove thing. bought some groceries in town(for the cooler-subs etc), ate breakfast in town every morning, also and ate festival food which is not over priced and decent. dont forget to bring your refillable water container for the show. free water.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

for me personally, when i camped in town park, i bypassed the cooking/stove thing. bought some groceries in town(for the cooler-subs etc), ate breakfast in town every morning, also and ate festival food which is not over priced and decent. dont forget to bring your refillable water container for the show. free water.
    That is awesome advice. I was not going to bring food to cook but just canned stuff like tuna etc. That is good to hear the food is not overpriced. Like under $10? One of my volunteer shifts is something with concession wash stand and I was told the vendors will often give you free food in that position so that is also cool. I keep telling myself (as someone who has gone camping like once since I was a kid and my dad did it all for me) that it is only 3 nights and there are food stands bathrooms and showers so nothing like 21 days on Naked and Afraid. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    my experience comes from going to the telluride bluegrass festival last year so i can't see the prices being that much different from festival to festival. also festival beers weren't that expensive as well. great breakfast sandwich and coffee a 4min walk up the street, out of town park main entrance. def hit the grocery store(clark's) to load up before hitting camp and if u want to save more money just buy your food/etc in montrose as things are def a bit more expensive in telluride.
  • Options
    Two weeks...........

https://www.telluride.com/webcam
  • Options
    so funky question and a far reach but, can ya'll help a brother out? town park will be cramped camping and my wife and i can't get there til saturday morning, how much of a stretch it is to get a couple ten clubbers to create a spot for my little 2.5 person tent? i'd be forever grateful and definitely come bringing herbal remedies to share! help a brother out? oh and to add to the sweetness of it all, you can have the space back by sunday morning as we gotta skitter back up home to take care of our baby.. so for an evening you think we could work something out?
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

my experience comes from going to the telluride bluegrass festival last year so i can't see the prices being that much different from festival to festival. also festival beers weren't that expensive as well. great breakfast sandwich and coffee a 4min walk up the street, out of town park main entrance. def hit the grocery store(clark's) to load up before hitting camp and if u want to save more money just buy your food/etc in montrose as things are def a bit more expensive in telluride.

Quick question about the coffee...

I don't need much at all when I travel but a must is easy and early access to coffee. Is there a coffee shop in town that opens as early as 6AM? This could make or break my trip!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,549
    BS44325 said:

Quick question about the coffee...

I don't need much at all when I travel but a must is easy and early access to coffee. Is there a coffee shop in town that opens as early as 6AM? This could make or break my trip!
    Cowboy Coffee on main st. I believe is open at 7.
    Other than that one of the breakfast places might be open at 6.
    No Starbucks or any type of chain in town.

Good luck getting your fix
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2016
    https://youtu.be/UC2DpGaykaI

For Starbucks fans
  • Options
    youtu.be/9SqM1VX2qlc. Two weeks!!
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    What's the deal with the running of the tarps? I saw a vid that had a hundred or so people running when gates opened but it looked like they could only set up so close to the stage. Is that the case? Is it the same line if you don't have a tarp but want to get in for a rail spot? Any idea what time the line gets going?
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2