Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,954
edited December 2009 in Given To Fly (live)
Thank you for sharing your fanviews. :)

Ed Pre-set: Driftin'

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Animal, Corduroy, Green Disease, Love Boat Captain, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, You Are, Go, Breath, Small Town, Leatherman, Even Flow, Not For You, Jeremy, Blood

1st encore: Low Light, Off He Goes, Nothingman, Glorified G, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Alive, Down, In My Tree, Daughter, Betterman, Porch, Bu$hleaguer, Fortunate Son, Rockin In The Free World
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Fucking Unreal. Straight Up... Amaaazing
    "I am lost, I'm no guide.. but I'm by your side.. I am right by your side"

*Halifax 9/22/05
    *St. John's 9/24/05

www.makepovertyhistory.org
  • Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    Setlist???
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    Ed Pre-set: Driftin

Setlist: Hard To Imagine, Animal, Corduroy, Green Disease, Love Boat Captain, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, You Are, Go, Breath, Small Town, Leatherman, Even Flow, Not For You, Jeremy, Blood

First Encore: Low Light, Off He Goes, Nothingman, Glorified G, Rearviewmirror

Second Encore: Alive, Down, In My Tree, Daughter, Betterman, Porch, Bu$hleaguer, Fortunate Son, Rockin In The Free World
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    FoGFoG Posts: 34
    looks like a pretty nice set...but how was the show? ;)
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.
  • Options
    MFCMFC Posts: 13
    thats awesome they played Low Light! i love that song.. they should have played No Way id love to hear that live.
    Bic lighter = $1.79
    Cigarettes = $6.00
    Pearl Jam tickets = $60
    12 beers for you and your buddy = $60
    gut punched and ejected from a Pearl Jam concert by Rent-a-Cop security for smoking = priceless!"

--"Shit , i said fuck" - Eddie Vedder 2005
    - CanCon rips everyone off look out
  • Options
    bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201

Setlist: Hard To Imagine, Animal, Corduroy, Green Disease, Love Boat Captain, Dissident, State Of Love And Trust, You Are, Go, Breath, Small Town, Leatherman, Even Flow, Not For You, Jeremy, Blood

Second Encore: Alive, Down, In My Tree, Daughter, Betterman, Porch, Bu$hleaguer, Fortunate Son, Rockin In The Free World

holy fuck.. starting with hard to imagine..solat..you are..breath...low light..glorified g..BUSHLEAGUER..fortunate son..... this set list is wicked.... if its real.... someone clafify that this is the right setlist
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Options
    What the f**k is that setlist all about?

And i mean that in a VERY GOOD way, its so different compared to the rest of the tour. I love it, so unique!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Sea wrote:
    Thank you for sharing your fanviews. :)

Ahhh..you didn't give me the setlist??? This is the thread I go to in the morning. ;)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    soulshine wrote:
    Ahhh..you didn't give me the setlist??? This is the thread I go to in the morning. ;)

lol you must've seen it by now...frickin' awesome!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    "Fetch me a new guitar, i shan't be playing this one please, thank you".

haha, i love it.

• Options
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the show last night, some songs that aren't played too often, it was sweet, they were really on last night, the crowd was great too. Cheers to the guys sitting next to me in the 8th row, boys had a good time. Took my brother to his first show, and he is a way bigger fan now. Enjoy St. John's, I hope the 2 shows are as special as this one. Thank-you Pearl Jam!!
    PS great pic of Ed with a can of Keiths on his head to come soon.
  • Options
    Last night waqs an amazing show . . . . thanks PJ :)
    The bitch in front of me got the setlist from a security guard. I wanted it :(
  • Options
    I'm not the most efficient around a computer, how can I put pics up if you can't have attachments. Any help would be great!
    Thanks
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I can confirm the setlist....it was an unbelievable show...they were full of energy and had songs to make eveyone happy. I'll have to post more later when I can find the words....but it was awesome.....great crowd, band in full gear and lots of laughs. I had my hand on the tambourine..but lost it to the guy behind me...congrats dude!!!

By the 325XXX and row 12...on the aisle....incredible seats. Thanks 10C!
  • Options
    wow....awesome setlist.....lowlight,breath,fortunate son,bushleaguer..
    sweet....
    How was the crowd ? Was it a long show ?
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    I figured that after a night like last night i would still be sleeping right now, but my brain won't stop trying to wrap itself around what i saw/experienced! Rearviewmirror kept playing in a constant loop in my dreams and i woke up humming it this morning.

I just want to say that after reading some of the reviews from other shows (one of which mentioned the band was getting tired) i can't see how the band could possibly be losing steam. They exerted enough energy to power a small city. If a performance like that comes after being tired, then i can't imagine what it would be like to see them at full power.

Words to properly describe the Halifax Pearl Jam Explosion evade me now, mostly because i'm exhausted and i still haven't fully digested the whole experience. As soon as i find them, i'll post something more significant.

Only one minor disappointment for me last night...they didn't play Black, which was the one song i prayed they would play. With a setlist as phenomenal as last night's tho, you can't expect to always get what you want.

Wow.
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    Yeah that was the setlist. It was fucking amazing.

KEITHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

:eek: Damn! THat looks awesome
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    alright...so that was my first pearl jam show...and welcome to the club if i do say so myself!

what a day...i spent 6 hours in halifax wandering around with my vs. lp hoping to stumble into just one PJ member...no luck...i did meet some great jammers though from out of country and out of province...we're a friendly bunch of fans eh...good meeting everything

i was in line early...doors open late but thats ok...spent 200 bucks on merchandise...but couldn't get a limited edition hoodie because they were sold out of xl before they got to halifax (thanks you greedy western fucks! haha just kidding...but not really)

then just sitting and waiting...

as for the show...well youve seen the set list...they played for 2 hours and 45 minutes...it was sick...the energy was beyond explanation...the guys were in rare form...i cant even use words to describe it...so i won't...but needless to say those of us who were there for it...truely witnessed something special...

thank you pearl jam with everything i have...

i dont believe my life will ever be the same

bird
  • Options
    EManEMan Posts: 2
    Great set list! - all the biggies plus some more obscure stuff.

The band seemed to be having a good time.

Does anyone have a picture of Ed singing with the Keith's can on his head? My battery died so I didn't get it.

Thanks 10C !!!! My seats were awesome. Row 9! Front and center!
  • Options

Holy crap!

Are they playing old In My Tree or the newer version?
    For Rent
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    now THAT sounds like a show

what an amzaing set list!!!

and it sounds like they were having a good time

that's what was missing in Toronto - the good time

I skip my hometown next time and hit the next show

now to work on the guys wearing kilts in st john's!!!!!
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    we don't wear kilts in st.john's.
  • Options
    PJ_GAPJ_GA Posts: 121
    intodeep wrote:
    :eek: Damn! THat looks awesome

sonofabitch......that set was too sweet
    ITS MY BLOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    scotia wrote:
    Thank-you Pearl Jam!!
    PS great pic of Ed with a can of Keiths on his head to come soon.

Yes Please!!!! I have to see that
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    rob64 wrote:
    we don't wear kilts in st.john's.

you don't have to

i've been plugging to have them wear kilts for years now

didn't happen in nova scotia

you've still got some celtic roots there - what the heck

:)

they're supposed to kiss a fish then?
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    KICK ASS SHOW!!!
    even from section 38, far better show then the Tweeter Center in Ma. 0, anyone see the reviews? Both papers had reviews and both had to bring up the fact that a lot of pot was being smoked.
    SO FUCKING WHAT?? how old are these people 12? Imagine that, going to a rock concert and people are smoking pot, society is in ruins.

I wish they had a tour book, but i got a halifax poster and i got a shirt, the shirt is of such poor quality i am going to scan the back and front of the shirt and buy a better quality shirt and transfer it that shirt, my brother has a press for making shirts like that.

I got lots of pics and video clips.
    Mansfield 07/11/03
    Halifax 09/22/05
    Dude! what period is it? I don't fucking know, get me another beer!
  • Options
    "We got band memebers sitting up here dry... someone get us some beer, they're ready to go onto Saint John's or whatever the fuck its called.. infact, get everyone over 14 some beer"
    hahaha it was great when Ed said something along those lines.. and then played like 10 more songs haha
    September 22, 2005 - Halifax.. ahhh
  • Options
    Damn, I travel to Toronto to hear one of their worst sets and now This happens. Thats unfair. Im never going to big cities again!!!!!!
    If I had known then what I know now.....

"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it."
    Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    :eek: Hard To Imagine, Lowlight and Nothingman all in the same set! You lucky Halifaxians!
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense