Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Peggy R wrote:
    This concert was unbelievable, truly. I felt so welcomed, so comfortable, such a warm feeling. The set list couldn't have pleased me any more. The atmosphere that the band created and continued to support throughout the show was one I have never experienced before at any rock show and believe I will never encounter again. The crowd was completely awestruck from the beginning note. If I had wings, I would have flown to St. John's just to sit outside the venue and listen some more.
    I feel like the most lucky chick in the world that I was able to be part of this concert. I have downloaded the show and it sounds awesome. I will never forget this show.

Cheers to Pearl Jam for being the most modest, true, dedicated, humanistic rock and roll band in the world.

Nice summary of the show. Kudos to the Halifax fans I think..they really showed up and I'm sure Pearl Jam took note. The fans can really make the experience I think. I loved the show in St.John's, but I didn't get the feel from the fans that I had in Halifax....
  • Options
    jamsjams Posts: 2
    Any have a pic of Eddie with the Keith's can on his head, that was awesome!
    ~Jams~
    09/22/05 Halifax

"I guess that's what you call good hometown Halifax campfire singing.." -EV
  • Options
    jams wrote:
    Any have a pic of Eddie with the Keith's can on his head, that was awesome!

I've got three of .... pm your email to me and I'll send you them to you tonight.

sward wrote:
    Nice summary of the show. Kudos to the Halifax fans I think..they really showed up and I'm sure Pearl Jam took note. The fans can really make the experience I think. I loved the show in St.John's, but I didn't get the feel from the fans that I had in Halifax....

You went to St.John's as well, which nights? I wish I could have afforded one other show myself, but you know gettng married and paying of student loans doesn't leave much left over.
    "It comes in a 8-pack where's the other 7. We've got band member up here they're dry ... We'd like some more beer, beer for the band and all our friends. Let's go." - Vedder (2005.09.22 Halifax)

2003.06.29 ~ Montreal
    2005.09.22 ~ Halifax
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I've got three of .... pm your email to me and I'll send you them to you tonight.

You went to St.John's as well, which nights? I wish I could have afforded one other show myself, but you know gettng married and paying of student loans doesn't leave much left over.

I just went to night 1...and I hear ya..my wife would have told me to stay there for good if I tried to sneak night 2 in...to add to my scenario, I have a 7 month old and a wife on maternity leave PLUS Student loans! hahahahha But...while she's not a huge fan of PJ, she's subscribes to the 'Only live once' philosophy......although she's also part of the 'don't spend too much while you're at it' philosophy..and now the 'don't ask for anything else the rest of the year' philosophy! hahah
  • Options
    sward wrote:
    I just went to night 1...and I hear ya..my wife would have told me to stay there for good if I tried to sneak night 2 in...to add to my scenario, I have a 7 month old and a wife on maternity leave PLUS Student loans! hahahahha But...while she's not a huge fan of PJ, she's subscribes to the 'Only live once' philosophy......although she's also part of the 'don't spend too much while you're at it' philosophy..and now the 'don't ask for anything else the rest of the year' philosophy! hahah

Congrats on the yougin' ... good thing there's less than 3.25 mnths to go in 2005. :D
    meancana wrote:
    Right on, if she's up for that she's in, otherwise we'll have to drop her like a hot potatoe!! Is your fiance going to have to pass the test or is she already past her initiation???

All hell ... you sister is in! I wouldn't make he go through that.
    "It comes in a 8-pack where's the other 7. We've got band member up here they're dry ... We'd like some more beer, beer for the band and all our friends. Let's go." - Vedder (2005.09.22 Halifax)

2003.06.29 ~ Montreal
    2005.09.22 ~ Halifax
  • Options
    Peggy R wrote:
    This concert was unbelievable, truly. I felt so welcomed, so comfortable, such a warm feeling. The set list couldn't have pleased me any more. The atmosphere that the band created and continued to support throughout the show was one I have never experienced before at any rock show and believe I will never encounter again. The crowd was completely awestruck from the beginning note. If I had wings, I would have flown to St. John's just to sit outside the venue and listen some more.
    I feel like the most lucky chick in the world that I was able to be part of this concert. I have downloaded the show and it sounds awesome. I will never forget this show.

Cheers to Pearl Jam for being the most modest, true, dedicated, humanistic rock and roll band in the world.

i couldn't agree more! My husband and I had a wonderful time we took the train from New Brunswick. The crowd was so in tune with the band we felt a connection with the band, I started to tear up during Small town 14th row back on the floor I couldn't have been happier. We have been fans since Ten and love every album since. I downloaded the Halifax show and haven't stopped listening to it since.
    8 pack? What the **** , we must be in Canada....
  • Options
    meancana wrote:
    Here's a picture of my sister and I with the infamous super bouncy impossible to catch tambourine that I caught.

Hope this works.......

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/meancana/album?.dir=/f0d4

HA! Nice job man! My buddies and I were in about the 7th row up in sec. 15 - lower bowl at the exact opposite end of the rink from the stage, so we had a pretty good view of the goings on on the floor in addition to the show. When the tambourine was thrown and then bounced, and bounced, and jumped, and bounced, and jumped some more we just all fuckin' cracked up becasue no one could hold onto it... and then when it finally stopped (apparently in your paws) we all shot a solid set of 'rock on' devil horn hands in your direction and said 'nice job, buddy'... it's funny to actually now see a picture of 'buddy'. HA! Cheers!
  • Options
    jamsjams Posts: 2
    This was my first PJ concert. I started to tear up as soon ans Eddie came out on stage and sang Driftin. The whole time I was thinking "you are being stupid, you can't be one of those stupid girls you see on TV that bawl for their fav bands", but then I thought "ah hell, I may not ever see them again and IT'S PEARL JAM". Then I got it together and rocked out for the entire rest of the show.
    My husband also went, mainly because I'm his wife and well he came with me. He was never much of a PJ fan at all, this concert left him OBSESSED with PJ, he can't get enough of EV; his rants, idea's and lyrics.
    KUDOS PJ for an awesome HFX concert!
    ~Jams~
    09/22/05 Halifax

"I guess that's what you call good hometown Halifax campfire singing.." -EV
  • Options
    ^o_o^ wrote:
    HA! Nice job man! My buddies and I were in about the 7th row up in sec. 15 - lower bowl at the exact opposite end of the rink from the stage, so we had a pretty good view of the goings on on the floor in addition to the show. When the tambourine was thrown and then bounced, and bounced, and jumped, and bounced, and jumped some more we just all fuckin' cracked up becasue no one could hold onto it... and then when it finally stopped (apparently in your paws) we all shot a solid set of 'rock on' devil horn hands in your direction and said 'nice job, buddy'... it's funny to actually now see a picture of 'buddy'. HA! Cheers!

That's hilarious, thanks for the chuckle!!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    I'd love to trade the best show on tour - Ottawa - for Halifax the other best show. PM me and we'll get it going on. Ottawa crowd goes nuts for the couple 8 minute classics and Harvest Moon is a forever classic.
  • Options
    Hey there jonnymac...I would love to compare shows. I can't imagine anything being better then what I experienced that night.I'm still in awe...Add me on MSN <!-- e --><a href="mailto:....widowmakercanada@hotmail.com">....widowmakercanada@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> and we can swing a deal :)
  • Options
    KingVKingV Posts: 10
    Remember that trading is out until those go off sale. We should respect the group that respects us.
    Barrie Ont 1998
    "A fuckin' football" EV

Halifax NS 2005
    "Fetch me a new guitar, I sha'n't be playing this one" EV
  • Options
    I know, I know, I know, I just can't believe it's been over a week, and I'm still pumped from the concert! Is anyone else feeling the same, or is it just me!?? I just can't get over it, I love Pearl Jam! Anyone else feelin' me on this one?!?
  • Options
    aolani wrote:
    I am on the same boat as everybody else Pearl Jam rocked Halifax!!! I am listening to the bootleg now and I am taken back to Thursday nite! To feel that much unity and energy with more than 9000 people was amazing. A friend of mine came with me and she wasn't a PJ fan, she never heard of them. Don't worry she is a foreigner!! Guess what? she now is a fan. She was totally moved by the experience!!! I must say Eddie seems truly gracious to his fans! Hopefully PJ enjoyed Halifax and they will be back sooner than later!! Then we can all get together again for another unforgettable nite! Man this bootleg is giving me goosebumps!!! Cheers!!
    " I definatly feel you on that one! The bootleg is amazing and I can't get enough of it. it's all I listen to now. Just to know that for so long I've been listening to PJ, and now I was part of somethign so big and with so much love is incredible! I just can't believe I was there! Cheers to Eddie and the band for making everyones life worth living! Cheers!
  • Options
    VedderLove wrote:
    I know, I know, I know, I just can't believe it's been over a week, and I'm still pumped from the concert! Is anyone else feeling the same, or is it just me!?? I just can't get over it, I love Pearl Jam! Anyone else feelin' me on this one?!?
    i'm definately right there with ya, i cant stop listening ot the boot, i had to force myself to listen to some Bob (marley) just so i dont over do it
    peace
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    VedderLove wrote:

i spent a lot of last night doing the whole "This time last week they were playing..."

i still can't believe that it happened. the bootleg is my "pinch" to remind me. i'm scared i'm going to wear the discs out (and drive my friends crazy with all of my concert talk!!)
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    lanners wrote:
    i spent a lot of last night doing the whole "This time last week they were playing..."

i still can't believe that it happened. the bootleg is my "pinch" to remind me. i'm scared i'm going to wear the discs out (and drive my friends crazy with all of my concert talk!!)

ya I driven the guy in the next cubicle nuts ... been playin PJ Halifax non stop.

2003.06.29 ~ Montreal
    2005.09.22 ~ Halifax
  • Options
    Last Thursday almost seems like a dream now, seriously the best night of my life and I will never ever forget it.
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    I am so in awe of what I experienced last Thursday I have no words to describe it. Are they always that good??? I have never seen anything in that realm as far as musical experiences go. The energy,the band,the crowd.........just incredible. I wish there was some places where we could get band comments just to see if they felt the same. I really hope that PJ can find the time to come back cause I sure as hell know that there are more than a few of us who would love to have them. As a smaller venue ...compared to some of the other ones on the tour I think that we gave the band every reason to want to come back. I really hope they fell the same :) Best experience Ive had in years. Thanks Pearl Jam! Thanks Halifax!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    warehouse wrote:
    Last Thursday almost seems like a dream now, seriously the best night of my life and I will never ever forget it.

same here man :)
  • Options
    I am so in awe of what I experienced last Thursday I have no words to describe it. Are they always that good??? I have never seen anything in that realm as far as musical experiences go. The energy,the band,the crowd.........just incredible. I wish there was some places where we could get band comments just to see if they felt the same. I really hope that PJ can find the time to come back cause I sure as hell know that there are more than a few of us who would love to have them. As a smaller venue ...compared to some of the other ones on the tour I think that we gave the band every reason to want to come back. I really hope they fell the same :) Best experience Ive had in years. Thanks Pearl Jam! Thanks Halifax!

Welcome to PJ World :D

2003.06.29 ~ Montreal
    2005.09.22 ~ Halifax
  • Options
    the pj concert was f**ing unreal! best concert I've in my life so far hands down...bootleg is well worth it! I hope these guys come back to halifax they rock!
  • Options
    meancana wrote:
    That all depends if she can pass the PJ initiation - she'll have to sign up to the forum ... and listen to PJ 24/7 after that we'll test her lyric and trivia knowledge.

Right on, if she's up for that she's in, otherwise we'll have to drop her like a hot potatoe!! Is your fiance going to have to pass the test or is she already past her initiation???[/quote]

Hey. When did I get involved in this.. at least I don't have to take a test and your sister is in. I'd prob never pass... hahaha! but I do enjoy PJ... seen as GreenMonkey got me hooked on them. This is my second show and was very impressed!
    Anywhoo! Loved the show! wanna see more!!!
  • Options
    it has been over a week and we are still flyin' high from our experience last week! you know you were at a rockin' concert when..........!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Psalty wrote:
    Hey. When did I get involved in this.. at least I don't have to take a test and your sister is in. I'd prob never pass... hahaha! but I do enjoy PJ... seen as GreenMonkey got me hooked on them. This is my second show and was very impressed!
    Anywhoo! Loved the show! wanna see more!!!

You rock my world babes (K)

2003.06.29 ~ Montreal
    2005.09.22 ~ Halifax
  • Options
    KingVKingV Posts: 10
    Let's go Halifax! no show has more posts in the fanview :P

Go Habs Go
    Barrie Ont 1998
    "A fuckin' football" EV

Halifax NS 2005
    "Fetch me a new guitar, I sha'n't be playing this one" EV
  • Options
    I can clearly remember coming onto the boards here two years ago or so, and making post after post begging Pearl Jam to come to Halifax. I like to pretend that they saw all of those posts and it had some small part in bringing them here. Probably not, but hey, this is my fantasy, who asked you?

My girlfriend and I have already decided that we will go to the next show that's anywhere near us (Northeast US or Canada). Regardless of the cost, it'll be worth every penny I'm sure.