**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    3 words.

Holy shit balls!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    Greetings from section53, Row3, seat5. I wanna thank the Ten Club for the amazing seats for the Halifax show. I was absolutely, unimaginably, and will for ever be BLOWN away with how fantastic the Halifax show was. We drove about 4hrs. from Saint John to Halifax for the show, rocked out and headed back the same night arriving here around 4:30am with having to get to work for 8:30am and I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN in a heart beat......
    I was at the Montreal show last week and thought it was a really good show. By comparison the Halifax was was the best show out of all the shows I've seen bar-none. The only complaint I have is who in their right minds would leave their seats and try to get a beer during the show? That being said it would have been nice to have had a few during the show givin that "I had screamed my lungs out till it filled the room"
    The bar we ate at before the show "Apple Barrel" was really great. I recommend the club sandwich...it was huge!!!!! The waitress' were great as well........kept the beer flowing!!!!
    All in all folks it was a perfect trip/show and I will count myself lucky if I ever get to see a show even close to how good that one was. Definitely one for the books!!!!

Peace Jamheads
    Jamhead

jeremy_cross3@hotmail.com
    Montreal/03, Boston/04, Montreal/05, Halifax/05, Hartford/06, Boston/06
  • Options
    VinceVince Posts: 174
    PJ1977 wrote:
    Top to bottom the best concert I have ever seen....bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay...inserted into Blood cmon thats the #%@...

Amazing set...sound was incredible...I've downloaded the bootleg and listened twice already and I'm loving it...

Only 1 song that I can think of that i would have liked to have heard live - Black

This was more then made up for with Off He Goes / In my Tree / Green Disease / Glorified G / You Are

"With Absolute Meaning In the purest Sence"...this concert kicked azz

"Dangerous when you mix" lights and "you are" which blew my mind...

And I have seen Neil Young and this version of Rocking in the Free World is sweet. What a way to go out with the lights up...

Thank you Pearl Jam...for years and one night...forever.

I have seen the definitive band of my generation...Well worth it...and someone made a lot of money off my tickets but I have NO REGRETS.

What a Night

It's not the first time he used the bow wow wow yippie yow yippie yea. He did at the Camden show July 5th, 2003.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”
  • Options
    That was great to hear.........I love going to the shows because even though the songs are similar those of us who are in the know, really know when we're getting something special..YOU ARE always rocks!!! I love it
    Jamhead

jeremy_cross3@hotmail.com
    Montreal/03, Boston/04, Montreal/05, Halifax/05, Hartford/06, Boston/06
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    We were up in Sect. 22 (Row L) - here's what the view was like......

http://www.hafilax.com/PJ/

awesome shots man :)
  • Options
    yotan18yotan18 Posts: 103
    someone said something about the "man" trilogy. that made me :)

has this ever been done before.

btw:

PLEASE, RELEASE THIS AS AN OFFICIAL BOOTLEG CD.
    please...

let us experience some love back here... :( :)
    "The Day of Redemption is at hand! Repent, and thou shall be saved..." - A. Ventura

"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie" - T. Montana
    ---
    "Yeah i know... sounds stupid." Aldrin said.

#18 INC forever
  • Options
    This boot as some great rants...fucking so funny...wow Ed's just holding court about Keiths...loving this...you lucky Halifax people...what a show!
  • Options
    they did the man trilogy in toronto 2000

he even mentioned it singing 2 of them and he might as well do the 3rd one (leatherman)
    08.22.98*10.05.00*06.28.03*09.22.05*05.09.06*EV.08.12.08
  • Options
    Last nights show was transcendent. I have been to a lot of good shows, but nothing beats this one. The energy was bursting and the band and the performance were more than I'd hoped for.
    To the guy with the long curly hair and the red shirt who was crawling over the seats in sect. 34 all night: you are my hero, you're too cool for words. Rock on man.
    The only Bush I trust is my own
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    stay tuned everybody tommorrow midnight on the q104 FM (Halifax Radio Station) they will be broadcast the full show, commerical free

already got the MP3 show this morning at 7am
    ... have already purchased all the shows from the Canadian tour
    ... you just have to

attended the Toronto show last Monday, it was kick ass; but this show, im just speechless - greatest show ever, end of story
    ... will ... never ... forget. :)
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    If you're looking for a loud crowd, don't make it this one. It was loud and all, but only as loud as 10,000-11,000 can be.

Actually the noise of the crowd on the boots has very little to do with the noise of the crowd at the show. It depends on how they mix the bootleg.

Some shows had loud crowds but you can't really tell on the boot, while others have the crowd mixed high and it seems 'louder' than it really was.

For example, the Thunder Bay boot has a louder crowd than the Winnipeg boot. The crowd in T-Bay was loud considering it was only about 4,000 capacity (and it was loud for such a small crowd) but it was nowhere near as loud as Winnipeg.

And the Vancouver boot doesn't do justice to the crowd noise either.

Mahlon
  • Options
    funkymonk wrote:
    One of the previous posters said the show was around 2 hours and 45 minutes but the band came on at 8:15 and left the stage around 11:30.

I wasn't looking at the time but I'm pretty sure they didn't come on that early. More like 8:50 or 8:55 as usual. But it was a long set.

Mahlon
  • Options
    This bootleg is blowing me away. I can't believe I was actually there!!
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • Options
    Unreal show. Sat sec 55 row 05. 15th row on the floor :)
    showed up at the metro center around 5pm to get the tickets and they were doing a soundcheck then. Last exit, HTI, Alone, Cant Keep, Low Light and Breathe were soundchecked as well as some slight noodling on fortunate son.

I was at Quebec City the night before and Ed was more aggresive than at the Halifax show, where he was drunk and happy :)
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    I've had some time to reflect and I still can't believe the setlist. Not at all what I expected. I was saying all day long "I just wish they would play Leatherman". I got it - and lots more ! Breath souded awesome (even though Ed starting by forgetting the words and saying "fuck" and then starting again. The fortunate son/RITFW finale was kick ass. The opener was totally unexpected with Hard to Imagine.

To see this show a few minutes from home was truly unbelievable. Thanks so much to the ten club and thanks to myself for joining the Ten Club when I did--my dream of seeing PJ from the front row came true!

Can I just say how cool it is to be able to listen to the show today that I just saw. The bootleg is great. Listened to it today on my way to St. John's. Looking forward to more tomorrow...
    The in-between is mine....
  • Options
    I remember in summer of 92 my friend played Jeremy for me. He figured playing a song that shares my name would be a good intro to PJ. It was, and Ten became a soundtrack for that summer and the next year or so. For some reason, after Vitalogy I tuned ou PJ a bit, but thank God I got tickets to the Hali show. I am totally back on board and have been listening to the boot all day. Can't believe how much I loved that show and how much I missed out in the last 7 or so years of PJ music.

Best rock show I've ever seen. I need another fix!
  • Options
    I can't believe they did bow wow wow before...crazy...kinda was hoping eddie would break into pink floyd cause i love that shit and I thought he was gonna...any way we were blessed with great rock and a true show...

Rocking in the Free World is killing me...that was a great moment...

To the dude with the tamborine...you are one lucky son of a....congrats.

Thanks for sharing your pics...love the ones of the Keiths cans...Seriously he balanced that for 2/3rds of a song poeple...any man that can smoke and drink and still balance a beer can on his head while singing...SWEET CHRIST MAN...ROCK
  • Options
    I think that I have been really fortunate to be able to see the boys in my neck of the woods and if I could described the show in 2 words it would be "Fuckin' Spectacular" (Sorry for the profanity..hehe). Being in Section 55 Row 2 seat 11&12 with my GF was "Hard to Imagine". It's simply was an unbelievable night and to see the place packed and full of energy made it all worth while. I would like to thank Pearl Jam and all the people that made this happened and hopefully we we'll see them back on the east coast soon. Also a special thanks to the Ten Club and all the work they do. Thanks to Pearl Jam for keeping the music honest and true. Kinda sounds like an acceptance speech..hehe..But I'm just so gratefull to have had this chance to see the band up close!

Peace
    Montreal June 29 2003, Halifax Sept 22 2005
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    this might be purchase worthy.

I was at the show and purchased the bootleg last night (well worth it the quality is perfect). Definitely a sincere great bunch of guys who know how to rip it up. I called all my freinds in St.Johns and told them that they were in for a real treat this weekend.
  • Options
    I've been going to shows since 1969 and Pearl Jam in Halifax is one of the greatest I've ever seen. The crowd was great and the band was clearly enjoying it. It was a blast. Thanks guys for coming!
  • Options
    warehouse wrote:
    This bootleg is blowing me away. I can't believe I was actually there!!

ditto, except I wasn't there. you lucky bastards!!! :)
    One is too many and a thousand never enough
  • Options
    This was the best experience of my entire life! Eddie was beyond amazing, and the band couldn't have sounded better! I was absoutly in awe through-out the whole show! I'll never forget that night as long as I live, and I can't get over how much more I love Pearl Jam after being there!
  • Options
    that was the best experience but it took me a while to digest the whole thing alive nothing man leather man better man daughter state of love and trust love boat captian dissident down with the keiths can dirftin solo such an incredible show i will never forget it thank you so much pearl jam for making my first pj concert awsome

it was better then the stones in moncton

thanks again
  • Options
    Your the best buddy a concert goer can go with!

Bragdon

the_lemon wrote:
    that was the best experience but it took me a while to digest the whole thing alive nothing man leather man better man daughter state of love and trust love boat captian dissident down with the keiths can dirftin solo such an incredible show i will never forget it thank you so much pearl jam for making my first pj concert awsome

it was better then the stones in moncton

thanks again
  • Options
    I remember in summer of 92 my friend played Jeremy for me. He figured playing a song that shares my name would be a good intro to PJ. It was, and Ten became a soundtrack for that summer and the next year or so. For some reason, after Vitalogy I tuned ou PJ a bit, but thank God I got tickets to the Hali show. I am totally back on board and have been listening to the boot all day. Can't believe how much I loved that show and how much I missed out in the last 7 or so years of PJ music.

Best rock show I've ever seen. I need another fix!

Welcome back to some PJ my man......
    Master of Zen
  • Options
    looks sick...I was in Montreal and the nuts show in Ottawa...but this one (or at least the set list) looks like the best of the tour....only thing missing is Cropduster....that needs to be played more.
    "Sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
    With no one knowing..."
  • Options
    sward wrote:
    I can confirm the setlist....it was an unbelievable show...they were full of energy and had songs to make eveyone happy. I'll have to post more later when I can find the words....but it was awesome.....great crowd, band in full gear and lots of laughs. I had my hand on the tambourine..but lost it to the guy behind me...congrats dude!!!

By the 325XXX and row 12...on the aisle....incredible seats. Thanks 10C!

Sward, I was one of the first guys to touch it, and I know the guy who caught it :D ... I was on the 11th row in the center section.
    "It comes in a 8-pack where's the other 7. We've got band member up here they're dry ... We'd like some more beer, beer for the band and all our friends. Let's go." - Vedder (2005.09.22 Halifax)

2003.06.29 ~ Montreal
    2005.09.22 ~ Halifax
  • Options
    I must say it was a WICKED Fuckin Show.. all the songs he nailed..
    and Before the opening band came on Eddie came out and sang "Driftin Away"
    that Rocked as well

I can not stop listening to the bootleg..

Thank you Pearl Jam.... WE need them to comeback again!!!!
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is completely amazing. That concert was unbeatable. Nobody could ever surpass that. They are undeniably my favorite band. Everybody needs to be exposed to the unmistakable beauty that is Pearl Jam.
    I mean every word!
    YOU GUYS ROCK!
  • Options
    Skip wrote:
    I was suprised to hear bu$hleaguer was played and was curious to know how the crowd responded and did Ed wear the George Bush mask, I was at the New York show when the band was booed

The crowd appreciated the song being played, myself I was surprised it was. Eddie did not wear the Bush mask BUT he didn't introuduce the song like this "This song is about an asshole." and they blasted right into it.
    "It comes in a 8-pack where's the other 7. We've got band member up here they're dry ... We'd like some more beer, beer for the band and all our friends. Let's go." - Vedder (2005.09.22 Halifax)

2003.06.29 ~ Montreal
    2005.09.22 ~ Halifax