###~~Dusseldorf Fanviews 21-6-07~~###

Comments

• toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    scpjfan wrote:
    Sweet Chocolate Jesus, what an opening four songs!!!

Please tell me this is a tom waits reference. He is the best.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • yielderyielder Posts: 160
    waw !!! great show !!! with somtimes and brain of j !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I LOVE that setlist.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    a real nice one! was it a soldout show btw??? how many fans were there to rock???
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Ricsard wrote:
    a real nice one! was it a soldout show btw??? how many fans were there to rock???

It was sold out - or at least very close....
    My guess is somewhere between 10/15 thousand people

Awesome setlist indeed - sound on the floor was really bad at times.
    According to Ed it was much worse in the empty arena during soundcheck
    but it hardly could have been.....still a great night though!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    toronado10 wrote:
    Please tell me this is a tom waits reference. He is the best.

After London and Dusseldorf, Picture in a frame is probably the only "special one" I still want to hear (o yeah and Hide your love). This was yet another great setlist!

Organisation was crap: still have to check visa bill but I think organisation was that bad I haven't even paid the ticket yet. The guy on the phone promised a good seat but ... (after a long queue - damn how do you write this word?) "good seat" seems to be open for interpretation: the only way to sit higher was to sit on the roof :-)

But as a good Belgian we found a solution: security was not that good in securing access to lower levels and we managed to find a spot on the stairs not too far from stage ... contrary to London we could understand every single word Eddie said :-)

The sound on our side was even that good that I think I may have a good bootleg recording. Still have to put it on pc and convert it (Atrac to MP3, I believe audacity should do that for me 0 thanks Neil!) ... then I'll post it (where shall I put it?)

No thanks, but if anyone has a spare pic from Mike or Stone from one of the two shows :-) that would be awesome. I saw Mike throwing hundreds yesterday!

Due to the well-known 10C Server issues, I did not manage to get 10C tix for this one, but what seemed strange to me is that I only saw 1 familiar face in the 10C line ...
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Ricsard wrote:
    Nearly Sold out - according to security approx 12.000 folks.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    definately one of the coolest setlist i've ever laid eyes on!
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • gazgaz Posts: 233
    Pains me to say it,the setlist was streets ahead of wembley.You lucky fuckers!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • MargoMargo Posts: 256
    I was there and it was unbelievable! No words to describe the feeling yesterday and the feeling now. We waited for 3 hours in the rain but it was worth every second of it. Amazing setlist and the band were on fire!
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • s_rockvam wrote:
    god I wish there were boots for the last 2 shows... so it goes

...me too, oh do I wish for us PJ fans for boots to come..
    wonderful setlist again.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Hinny wrote:
    Einat, I'm back in London tomorrow to look up Rita. Audio for rats, video for breath. Low quality, but hey, better than nothing.

Sid, I was going to give you a call during the songs. Then I realised it's impossible to call while videoing with one hand and rocking out with the other. I'm sure you understand. Even if I did find time to sms the setlist highlights to Gitta all the way in Vancouver.

It's a mixed feeling now that I'm back- had great fun pogoing in the pit, but I kinda lost some enjoyment on whatever the fuck happened on stage by trying to fend off a group of sweaty shirtless slam dancing circle pitters.

Rats and I'm Open are clearly firsts for me, but I think Wembley tops this one, if for no other reason than the fact that more friends were around in London.

Aussie Mullet represent!
    Hey, Hinny :)
    No need to call me, you know I was there with you guys in spirit anyways.
    Sandra texted me a few times, so did Niko telling me about Rats and Sandra after the show telling me how it all happened. :D Awesome!
    Im happy for you guys. Who got the tambourines and the setlists?
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
    NHiding wrote:
    Hey Cropdustress,
    Clear out those personal messages so the one I just sent can get to ya.
    Rob
    Sorry, Rob. :o its cleaned now :D
    Pegasus wrote:
    :D x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    got to get some sleep, supposed to head off to Southside in 3 hours...if that is still on..

but

First I heard about Rats being soundchecked was someone reading it here and texting me...no-one there said anything about it (I would have been told!)

We got 1 setlist and Rats was NOT on it.. Ed just suddenly decide to play it..
    Wash was on the setlist but was crossed out at before the second encore began.

Glorified G is the song that fell victim to my Rats..and I´m not apologising for it! :p 15 years Europe had been waiting for it!
    but I NEED that boot!...why oh why didn´t I tape today, however crap it generally ends up

....got to run try get some smily sleep

Jeff, we all feel for you...

And there is the girl of the hour :) Of the day!
    Awesome, Sandra. Im happy! Very very happy. :) You know there will be a boot, already heard it from at least 2 ppl that there is a recording ;)
    Fucking WASH was on there??? That wouldve been insane if they did it.
    Anyone from us got the setlist? Or tambourine?
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    I hate you all. That's too good a set for me to have missed.
    See some of y'all here on Tuesday
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    And there is the girl of the hour :) Of the day!
    Awesome, Sandra. Im happy! Very very happy. :) You know there will be a boot, already heard it from at least 2 ppl that there is a recording ;)
    Fucking WASH was on there??? That wouldve been insane if they did it.
    Anyone from us got the setlist? Or tambourine?
    Tanya got the encore setlist, Ed´s I think
    Pegasus wrote:
    Tanya got the encore setlist, Ed´s I think
    :eek: :eek:

HOly Moly!!!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    :eek: :eek:

HOly Moly!!!

but sandra got RATS! :eek:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • As I posted on the Wembley thread:

Hi,

Sorry, currently there are no plans to release bootlegs for the 2007 tour. Should that change in the future we'll be sure to notify our fans. The shows will not be released on other sites.

Best,
    10c
    www.lostmarblemedia.com
    Motion Graphics and Common Craft style videos.
    but sandra got RATS! :eek:
    I know :D Both things are insanely AWESOME! :) Woohoo!
  • TwigsterTwigster Posts: 39
    Great set-list.
    Great crowd.

Loads of energy from the band - they were really on it last night.
    The only gripe was that from where I was, Mike could hardly be heard. Still a fantastic performance - easily the best I've seen.
    Eddie also paid tribute to the crowd, saying it's not bullshit just to say it's a good crowd, and when people hear the bootlegs, they'll know how good the crowd was!!
    Does this mean that the boots will be available in due course???

Eddie even got a guy out of the audience up on stage for the whole of 'I believe in miracles'.

The stuff of legends, and I don't use that term lightly!!
    Brixton Academy, London: 14/07/93
    Wembley Arena, London: 29/10/96
    MEN Arena, Manchester: 04/06/00
    Air Canada Centre, Toronto: 05/10/00
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf: 21/06/07

Brad: Phoenix Theatre, Toronto: 31/10/02
  • London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    I actually feel sick this morning....

... I had 10 Club Ticks for this show but work prevented me from going. I was at Wembley in the pit and had the time of my life so I didnt think this would be the end of the world (saw them heaps last summer).

Got many many texts from friends saying it was the best PJ gig EVER.

I hate you all!
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    It was wild! I loved it all, and will feel like I'm beaten up for days because I joined it all actively :). The set list was all mixed up and it provided time to breathe in between the wildest parts, and to enjoy it all to the maximum.
    Sandra, what do you look like? I wonder if I 'know' you. Thanks for that great request!
    The tambourine went to a lovely little girl from Norway. And the guy on stage is a friend from the Bugs mailinglist :).

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • JackieboyJackieboy Posts: 78
    Awesome setlist!
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    London_Jam wrote:
    I actually feel sick this morning....

... I had 10 Club Ticks for this show but work prevented me from going. I was at Wembley in the pit and had the time of my life so I didnt think this would be the end of the world (saw them heaps last summer).

Got many many texts from friends saying it was the best PJ gig EVER.

I hate you all!

I feel the same... Just why the hell does the tour have to be this month? :(

Still, I'm really happy that those who went got to hear all these awesome things :)
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    Even the speed ticket I'm expecting after the nice pic some speedcops made when I was on my way to Dusseldorf will not ruin the memory of this gig :-)

Damn Cops
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    cyclops wrote:
    Even the speed ticket I'm expecting after the nice pic some speedcops made when I was on my way to Dusseldorf will not ruin the memory of this gig :-)

Damn Cops

oh you too? :P

so awesome, so incredibly awesome, very happy for Sandra, she was completely over the moon. With this and Wembley, I guess I could die right now, but I still have Nijmegen and Werchter :D
  • svanzonsvanzon Posts: 28
    Wow! What a setlist...

Why the h*ll couldn't I have gotten into PJ a little earlier so that I could have decided to follow 'em around Europe this whole tour... Would gladly spend all my cash on it.. Come again next summer! Haha.
    13/06/2007 - Katowice, Poland

... may there be many more to come
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    svanzon wrote:
    Wow! What a setlist...

Why the h*ll couldn't I have gotten into PJ a little earlier so that I could have decided to follow 'em around Europe this whole tour... Would gladly spend all my cash on it.. Come again next summer! Haha.

You can still make it to Nijmegen! :).

groetjes,
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • svanzonsvanzon Posts: 28
    Mirella wrote:
    You can still make it to Nijmegen! :).

groetjes,

Haha, yea I wish.. I'm actually from Holland and moving back there in August.. Damn, if I would've moved back earlier I could've gotten Dusseldorf, Nijmegen and Werchter... And my family is moving to Munich, can you imagine? God, I could've easily caught this whole tour if they did this next summer..

Ah well, I'm more than happy with my first show at Katowice, despite everything it was amazing.. But you lucky dusseldorf ones! I'm out of this thread now since I wasn't at the concert :) later.
    13/06/2007 - Katowice, Poland

... may there be many more to come