One Guns n' Roses ticket cost me almost the same amt as all four PJ Fenway and Wrigley Shows

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Coma is brilliant. It takes an artist to create 9 minute tunes that hold your interest. Axl wrote like four of those. Lyrics are great.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    TJ25487 said:

My 2 cents: GNR is not a hair band. If anything they should be classified as classic rock like AC/DC etc. Their Appetite for Destruction album was groundbreaking similar to PJ's Ten and then they made good follow up's with Use your IIlusions 1 & 2 and that's about it.

Appetite was bigger and more groundbreaking than Ten...

It was massive
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    my2hands said:

TJ25487 said:

My 2 cents: GNR is not a hair band. If anything they should be classified as classic rock like AC/DC etc. Their Appetite for Destruction album was groundbreaking similar to PJ's Ten and then they made good follow up's with Use your IIlusions 1 & 2 and that's about it.

It was massive
    That's why I said "similar" to PJ. Haha!
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    I feel dirty bringing this to the forefront on opening day for the boys, but is anyone else online trying for tickets?
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

I feel dirty bringing this to the forefront on opening day for the boys, but is anyone else online trying for tickets?

already got them, but i'm trying for pit anyway at 10 am.
  • pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653

Yes, sir. Don't feel dirty about it either.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943

There's been a number of presales all week long, and I got successively better tickets in each one (ended up getting left side pit tickets during yesterdays presale). I might try to day to see if any right side pit tix come up, but at this point I don't think my tickets can get much better.
    Wow 10:07 and I'm pulling up only seats extremely beside the stage. Pretty happy with my seat - 100 level straight back but up 36 rows so hopefully I have a good sightline. Sound should be good too
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    my2hands said:

TJ25487 said:

It was massive
    But Ten is better.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    just to see the spectacle i will be there...
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited April 2016

Wow 10:07 and I'm pulling up only seats extremely beside the stage. Pretty happy with my seat - 100 level straight back but up 36 rows so hopefully I have a good sightline. Sound should be good too

I already have tix, but is MetLife really already sold out? I'm not getting anything there (other than re-sale and Platinum).
    EDIT: Singles are coming up, but not pairs. Still - wow. That is impressive if true.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

I already have tix, but is MetLife really already sold out? I'm not getting anything there (other than re-sale and Platinum).
    EDIT: Singles are coming up, but not pairs. Still - wow. That is impressive if true.
    Luckily I was only after a single for Toronto. I did try a pair though a few minutes after though just to see what'd happen and found a pair. Although I can imagine MetLife was the same if not faster
  • Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 539

Cheaper to fly to Telluride, rent a car, pay for Ride Festival tickets, stay for 3 days, eat, drink, merch, etc then to see GnR in the 'VIP pit".

Plus PJ will play for an hour longer.

and show up
    Shows attended: 36

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/224 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
    Yes, GnR, I will party with you at Soldier Field...

I'm the opposite. When your in an arena and your in the wings directly opposite the stage (ie the very back of the venue) you get a good sightline but everything is kind of small. Side stage tickets are kind of cool. You end up being fairly close.
  • antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    Snagged some good seats ... section 114 at MetLife. Still, paying $300 plus per tickets through the public sale stings a little.

I think that's why they're charging so much, the demand is huge. BTW isn't Metlife Stadium in NJ which is basically a New York show? Isn't that area the 2nd biggest populated area in the US? :) I would expect the New York show to be one of the first to sellout. It'll be the smaller market stadium shows that really show how crazy the demand is.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    What the deuce?!?

Looks like the cheap $49.50 - $79.50 tickets that are way way WAY back in the 500 level are sold out? That $250 price tag for pretty much everything below is nuts!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Mind blowing that theyre selling this many tickets. Thats a great incentive to get along i would think
    demetrios said:

What the deuce?!?

Looks like the cheap $49.50 - $79.50 tickets that are way way WAY back in the 500 level are sold out? That $250 price tag for pretty much everything below is nuts!

I pulled up the 80 dollar ones on my app which I believe were in 535. On my laptop I went for the 120ish price level and ended up in 117. I can totally see how the upper seats sold out first. But I did find a pair up there afterwards
    I think that money is going towards everyones youth and faith... It'll be worth it. What's the worst that could happen?
    edited April 2016
    Now I can only pull up re-sales in the 500's. 143 canadian minimum per ticket. Which is more than what I paid after fees for 100's
  • Zod said:

I think that's why they're charging so much, the demand is huge. BTW isn't Metlife Stadium in NJ which is basically a New York show? Isn't that area the 2nd biggest populated area in the US? :) I would expect the New York show to be one of the first to sellout. It'll be the smaller market stadium shows that really show how crazy the demand is.
    Yes. It is NJ. Where the New Jersey Giants and New Jersey Jets play.
  • GivenToSmileGivenToSmile Toronto Posts: 231
    I have 2 spare section 219 for Toronto show if anyone is interested.
  • Snagged some good seats ... section 114 at MetLife. Still, paying $300 plus per tickets through the public sale stings a little.

I'm not getting this shock at ticket prices. Has anyone here bought tickets to Broadway or such?

This is a singular talent, limited run show. I'm always amazed when people are amazed at these prices.

PJ really screws itself and its fans that have nose bleed seats, as well as many people who hope to see their show but can't b/c we are all seeing them 4 to 15 times.
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    ISO 2 for Chicago
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434

I think that money is going towards everyones youth and faith... It'll be worth it. What's the worst that could happen?

People will come Ray. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Managed to grab a pit 1 at 10:20
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

People will come Ray. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray.
    Well-done, coco.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless