Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    dankind said:

JimmyV said:

a5pj said:

JimmyV said:

hsohi said:

A co-worker of mine has a farm and he made me two crates out of barnwood for.....free.

$100 usd....seriously?

Sweet. Tell him we'll take 10,000 and want them in Seattle in two weeks. For Free.
    slh
    Tone deaf Santos makes 10c look bad again.
    I thought it was funny.
    Sure, but that's not the point. There aren't too many organizations I do business with that allow their employees to talk to customers the way Santos talks to Ten Clubbers on occasion. It's a bad look and speaks to the culture in that office.
    Tone deaf JimmyV can't take a joke.
    To each their own.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    edited March 2016
    These crates sure look nice. I especially like the wood-burned Pearl Jam logo. Very nice indeed!
    The smaller crate would be a great place for some Pearl Jam stickers too.
    Post edited by PJ88 on
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    rival. said:

santos - anyone at 10c throw these in the fire pit yet? how did the birch smell when it caught?

Haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Before we rip on Ten Club, please understand that Lookwright charges these same prices for blank crates on their website. Same goes for the ones on Discogs site with their logo. :wink:

I can't begrudge 10c on the price. As you say, that is what the manufacturer charges, too. What I can begrudge is that 10c works with these types of manufacturers who make things for people with more money than sense. Why not work with a company who produces less expensive items that are functional and affordable, and sell a shit ton of them?
    I agree. I like the look, but can't justify he price. I've never been big into spending a lot of money on something that holds something else. I'd rather buy $250 worth of records than a crate to hold the records.

And leave Santos alone. It's hilarious when he/she makes comments.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,435
    12" = $100.00
    7" =$80.00
    Plus shipping and handling fees. image
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    yeah....I'll just keep stealing the milk crates behind Walgreens....
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    That was quick! 12" crate sold out/out of stock!

Hahahaha just kidding. Gonna be a while.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

12" = $100.00
    7" =$80.00
    Plus shipping and handling fees. image

hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074

from lookwright website, shown into an IKEA KALLAX

http://lookwright.com/products-page/12inchvinylstorage/the-dollar-bin-2/

Thanks for the picture/link. Wow, these fit perfectly in the IKEA shelving.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    CM189191 said:

yeah....I'll just keep stealing the milk crates behind Walgreens....

you mean the walgreens ones actually fit records? where i live the milk companies had to change the size of their crates because people were stealing them for records but i'm old
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    raystrey said:

I spent 200 bucks on these 2 racks. I built racks and had local carpenter build drawers and paint. But have to admit those crates look classy. Too rich especially with dollar to Mexican peso ratio right now.

[URL=http://s706.photobucket.com/user/raystrey/media/20160309_212122.jpg.html][IMG]http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/raystrey/20160309_212122.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

photo 20160309_212122.jpg

Nice pair of hooters ya got there...... i mean, nice racks.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    If anyone can pay $100 for a wooden crate, they should take that money and donate it to charity.... this is disgusting.
  • Options
    I could probably store my tiny $40 coffee mugs and my $35 dog collar in this $100 box, eh?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,147
    ^^ lol
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Don't understand the 10C marketing department sometimes. Finally get a vinyl related product and I am very underwhelmed. A nice 7" carry box with the PJ logo for $50 I would buy, but not a wood crate..

But then again, I am sure there is a market for this and it will sell.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2016
    The 12" crate is $135 plus shipping on the manufacturer website... so this is actually cheaper

Maybe you guys prefer Chinese plastic junk? Would you prefer PJ sell poor quality items made by people making $1 per day? I prefer they offer high quality merchandise made in the USA, sometimes that is going to cost more then the cheap crap we all buy at wal mart & Target... Everyone wants to keep jobs in the USA until they see a price tag... then all of the sudden they don't care about the lack of fair wages, safe working conditions, or environmental impact... they just want a bargain

I think these are badass and hopefully will own them in the future... if I decide to pass, no big deal... but I do prefer quality products
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    Why does merch get people so upset?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    Missed that the 12" box fits in the expedit/kallax. Very cool.

I ordered one of each. But I would have preferred a 7" carrying case.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    pjtaper said:

If anyone can pay $100 for a wooden crate, they should take that money and donate it to charity.... this is disgusting.

Who are you to tell people what to do with their money?
    I get people not wanting to spend their money on it, but if they do, they have to get told they are disgusting for doing so, by the likes of an anonymous fan club member?

:one_finger:
    Hate the game, not the player. You should find 10C and PJ disgusting. Turn in your fan club and leave the rest of us in our filth. :get_outta_here:
    (I actually did not purchase this item, just find sanctimonious bs statements like this to be tiresome. If I want to light my money on fire and then piss on it, I can.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2016

pjtaper said:

I get people not wanting to spend their money on it, but if they do, they have to get told they are disgusting for doing so, by the likes of an anonymous fan club member?

Hate the game, not the player. You should find 10C and PJ disgusting. Turn in your fan club and leave the rest of us in our filth. :get_outta_here:
    (I actually did not purchase this item, just find sanctimonious bs statements like this to be tiresome. If I want to light my money on fire and then piss on it, I can.)
    Pretty sure he was kidding, F Me.

But have at it, bud! Nice rant!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    If it was a joke I rescind my reply. (Add a smiley or something next time.)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

If it was a joke I rescind my reply. (Add a smiley or something next time.)

I think that at least 50% of the people on this forum who think that I'm an asshole think so because I forgot to add a damn smiley.

The rest of them are likely correct.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

pjtaper said:

Photo or it didn't happen when you decide to do this with your money.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate lying on the wooden floor to look at the spines of my records - it hurts my spine!!!
  • Options
    Smiley = joke
    No smiley = weak attempt at joke? ;)
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,930
    edited March 2016
    It was almost $250 for 1 of each with shipping in the US. So I can see how these aren't everyone at that price.

• Options
    :):):)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,147

It was almost $250 for 1 of each with shipping in the US. So I can see how these aren't everyone at that price.

Dude that's intense.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    The picture that –decodified- posted is really useful, and if I wanted to deal with $100 drawers in my already existing vinyl shelving unit then these would be cool but VERY expensive additions. IMO, using them in this way makes getting your records out, as well as putting back, pretty cumbersome. Even more so for those of us anal-retentive people who alphabetize our collections.

Those of us that have and/or play records are very likely to already have a storage system that doesn’t revolve around crates, and if someone is using crates chances are their crates are of the cheap variety because let’s face it, many of us here are cheap fucks (no offense, I include myself in that category). Although we splurge on the good stuff, I’m betting most people are grateful this is tour time and our budgets are already blown on the coming tour expenses because it makes it easy to say no to these.

MendozK, I agree with you 100%. Is it really likely that someone who isn’t already using crates is going to start now? I’d doubt it, especially at this cost, and it begs the question – is 10C putting these out because they think they’ll actually be used as intended, or is it just another vision of dollar signs because they know most of us start drooling when something official comes out that actually says “Pearl Jam” on it.

Are they cool? Sure. Was it a good idea? I don’t think so. A good thought at the start maybe, but another bad decision based on the price point.

As for where all the other vinyl related PJ products are, look around, it’s out there, but it seems the stuff many of us have been asking for is now fan-made, and quite frankly pretty damn good quality too. Even Wishlist Foundation made a pretty cool one. And I’ve seen some pictures people have posted here with some fan-made slip mats in the background. Hell, I have 4 of them and love them.

And the end of the day, the haters can all blame Kev for these boxes, based on the title of his post from back in 2012. :wink:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/193039/pearl-jam-slip-mat-please-7-12-box-wouldnt-go-a-miss-either/p1