Options

*** Newcastle Fanviews Here 19/11/06 ***

124»

Comments

• Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    lilinger wrote:
    Well, well...same here...I've been listening that for 2 months...just that one. All my mates think I'm crazy.
    But let me mention how amazing Masters of War is, too.
    Both of them make me feel...I don't know...rise and fall...or something like that.

So I'm singiiiiiiiiiiing... :D

It makes it even more special that COT is dedicated to ME :D
  • Options
    lilingerlilinger London, UK Posts: 475
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    It makes it even more special that COT is dedicated to ME :D

That means you are one of the 2277 who signed... ;)
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack
  • Options
    lilinger wrote:
    That means you are one of the 2277 who signed... ;)

I was one of the 3 who created the petition. My name is #3 that Ed reads out :)
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I was one of the 3 who created the petition. My name is #3 that Ed reads out :)

Heyy...congratulations man...you made it for an amazing show....one of the most enjoyable boots of the year....
  • Options
    i wasnt at the show but just bought the bootleg and then read this entire thread today

is there any doubt that this is the best band in the world, right now???

awesome bootleg. highly recommended.
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    i wasnt at the show but just bought the bootleg and then read this entire thread today

is there any doubt that this is the best band in the world, right now???

awesome bootleg. highly recommended.
    me and my daughter ( 3yrs) are on the petition about 380 somewheres,
    kudos go to the three interagators
    , bloody legends. I think there is a link to a local news story on the the boys getting PJ to play in the thread somewhere.
    hey OZJAMMER did you see the article in orbit about people power that had you guys in it. your novocastrian superstars.
    Newcastle boot has had a rest of late in my cd player, MR gave me the hawian and sydney 1 boots. But i had it back on my ipod yesterday on the way to work and Im back again to the bloody greatest nite of my old life
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    lilinger wrote:
    Well, well...same here...I've been listening that for 2 months...just that one. All my mates think I'm crazy.
    But let me mention how amazing Masters of War is, too.
    Both of them make me feel...I don't know...rise and fall...or something like that.

So I'm singiiiiiiiiiiing... :D
    If your interested the version that Mark asked them to do of masters was from Letterman. Not sure if its out there to download. Ive got a copy of it ( MR again) but am not sure how to get it out there.
    link or help ( to upload) anyone
    To have been there and witnessed the intensity of that moment is somthing I wont ever forget
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    Hey, i heard there was a petition to play Newcatle? And it worked! I'm trying to do the same thing to get pj to play Scotland on myspace http://www.myspace.com/stubrodie87

Any tips?
  • Options
    Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    Steps to a successful petition

Check their schedule, and make sure there is time for another show.

get your own petition online, either by making one if you can write html and host a website, or use one of the online petition websites (search google for online petition).

Get the message out to as many people as humanly possible, local TV, Radio, Newspapers. This message board any other message board where people who may be interested might lurk. Email everyone you know asking for support.

Don't be disappointed if it doesn't work. The only reason Newcastle worked is the date was already booked with the venue, and originally the band thought they were going to play here anyway. It was the promoter who held things back, and who we had to convince.

Be prepared to cop a lot of flack, and check through every name to make sure it is genuine. The amount of hilarious people who put George Bush, Eddie Vedder, Phil McKrakin and other such names is astounding.

This is the petition we created for Newcastle

http://www.ncsis.com/pearljam

you can email me if you want the link is on the page
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
  • Options
    Andre_W wrote:
    Steps to a successful petition

Check their schedule, and make sure there is time for another show.

get your own petition online, either by making one if you can write html and host a website, or use one of the online petition websites (search google for online petition).

Get the message out to as many people as humanly possible, local TV, Radio, Newspapers. This message board any other message board where people who may be interested might lurk. Email everyone you know asking for support.

Don't be disappointed if it doesn't work. The only reason Newcastle worked is the date was already booked with the venue, and originally the band thought they were going to play here anyway. It was the promoter who held things back, and who we had to convince.

Be prepared to cop a lot of flack, and check through every name to make sure it is genuine. The amount of hilarious people who put George Bush, Eddie Vedder, Phil McKrakin and other such names is astounding.

This is the petition we created for Newcastle

http://www.ncsis.com/pearljam

you can email me if you want the link is on the page

Yeah what he said :)

It also helps if you know someone who is a very good friend of Eddie
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:

yes I wonder how much that helped
    good luck mate
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Sorry about them shitty seats Rob ;)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Sorry about them shitty seats Rob ;)

They weren't that bad :)

Anyway I was just so happy that Pearl Jam were playing in my hometown that I would've been satisfied with seats right at the back
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    I FINALLY got this boot myself and I have to say well done :) It's amazing... you can tell the guys are enjoying it all so much :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Haha i'm guessing that helped immensely!! Plus the venue being booked and the band wanting them to play it. Was only a petition against Michael Coc#ead heh :)

I bought the boot, one cos it was a present for the person i went with. Two because i was there :) Three because it was the best Pearl Jam show i've witnessed, four, I had 2nd row centre! (fook yeah!) 5. I got a Mike personal Mike Point... 6. Stone gave me a nod... 7. Well the list goes on!... 8. Got to Wests League's just in time to piss on afterward! haha well this wasn't a plus. Plenty of people on the poker machines at 1am in the morning there... sad really!.

9. Crown of Thorns was awesome, i laugh everytime i hear Eddie's speech about the petition. I love the part where he says it makes him feel appreciated... which i thought he would already, but he is such a humble gent and not full of himself, i'm guessing he doesn't go around thinking "i'm the shit!"
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    http://www.staticandfeedback.com/Music/0212pjnc.html

Really emotional story, By CATELYN SMITH
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    einatshaul wrote:

:o that's so beautiful and sad... thanks!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    einatshaul wrote:

Great story!

Thanks for posting.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Man,
    This night just keeps on proving as pure majic...
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    a good review

newcastle was indeed a magic night.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    I am so very happy for you. I've been a fan since '93 way back when I was only 19...oh those days! Reading encounters like these almost makes me feel like I was there with you. Thank you for posting this. I wish I was as devoted as you....I like to think I am...but then I couldn't even think of doing what you have done...traveled from so far...following one of the greatest rock bands. I just want to say you are the epitome of a true devoted rock fan that deserves this experience more than anyone....I’m sure there will be many that will argue this. I'm just happy for you man. So very happy :D

Keep rockin'
  • Options
    6 months today :)
    Ahhhh the memories. Still feels like it was yesterday.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Nearly 10yrs ago..