Options

*** Newcastle Fanviews Here 19/11/06 ***

Comments

• Options
    u need to download divX player to see visuals... get it here

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

:)
  • Options
    Here's two phone numbers I found for NBN. Who wants to ring them to see if they can get all the footage? If someone can get in touch with the petitioners, I reckon they should try. They should know the reporters by now a bit. They might be able to sway it.

(02) 4929 2933

(02) 4927 1298
  • Options
    i think this was my 7th or 8th time i've seen pearl jam, my second on this tour. it was the first time i have been this close to the stage but. 2nd row, right in front of stone. i went with my brother (another hardcore fan), his 8 year old son, and some friends. anyways.. the show was amazing. the big thing of the nite was that it was my nephews first ever gig. everyone around thought he was great... just to show how hardcore (or could that be scary) my brother is, he has named two of his sons after pearl jam songs, jeremy and lukin. lukin was at the gig. all the crowd wanted to get lukin on stage but the security on our side was fucked and they wouldnt even let lukin on peoples shoulders . but the thing is that eddie must have seen him at least once. while playing ritfw he walked over to our side, pointed at my nephew, called him over and passed him a tambourine. the whole crowd around lukin cheered... and the guys in the front row put him on their shoulders and lukin showed the crowd. it was amazing. he absolutely loved the show... would have been good to hear lukin for him, maybe next time.
    anyways to the guys that put him on their shoulders, thanks greatly. it is an experience all of us will never forget.
    and to mr vedder... thankyou very much. the tambourine hasnt left his side since.
  • Options
    Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    kragnini wrote:
    i think this was my 7th or 8th time i've seen pearl jam, my second on this tour. it was the first time i have been this close to the stage but. 2nd row, right in front of stone. i went with my brother (another hardcore fan), his 8 year old son, and some friends. anyways.. the show was amazing. the big thing of the nite was that it was my nephews first ever gig. everyone around thought he was great... just to show how hardcore (or could that be scary) my brother is, he has named two of his sons after pearl jam songs, jeremy and lukin. lukin was at the gig. all the crowd wanted to get lukin on stage but the security on our side was fucked and they wouldnt even let lukin on peoples shoulders . but the thing is that eddie must have seen him at least once. while playing ritfw he walked over to our side, pointed at my nephew, called him over and passed him a tambourine. the whole crowd around lukin cheered... and the guys in the front row put him on their shoulders and lukin showed the crowd. it was amazing. he absolutely loved the show... would have been good to hear lukin for him, maybe next time.
    anyways to the guys that put him on their shoulders, thanks greatly. it is an experience all of us will never forget.
    and to mr vedder... thankyou very much. the tambourine hasnt left his side since.

hehe

I was so firing on Sunday night that I couldn't remember if this actually happened, or if I dreamt it. Great to know it actually happened, great experience for Lukin, and what a name!! :D

I'll send the reporter at NBN an email and ask her if we can get a full copy, maybe they'll send us all the archived footage they have of PJ? (wishful thinking!) :D
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
  • Options
    Andre_W wrote:

I'll send the reporter at NBN an email and ask her if we can get a full copy, maybe they'll send us all the archived footage they have of PJ? (wishful thinking!) :D

They'll have them stored somewhere. I reckon you're a good chance if you sorta know the guy. Give it a go, you never know. I've heard of wilder things from TV companies over the years in bootlegging communities.

Thanks for all your work, btw. I never saw the petition personally, but I heard about it.
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Well I think it's my duty to do this so here we go........

Where do I start?
    Woke up around 7am (fucking tired after the drive home from Sydney 3) cos I had to go to a christening :(
    To make this thing shorter I'll sum things up. Christening = Fucking hot.

Due to the fact I had to go to the christening I unfortunately couldn't get to the Premier till about 3.10 (sorry Andrew)
    What can I say about the pre-show? Fucking fantastic!! MR had dropped over the tambourine for the auction and he'd also donated some more stuff from his own collection (what a legend)
    Plenty of fun was had by all, and I got to meet some great and interesting people.
    During the course of the pre-show, we held raffles (what about Andrew's little sister's booming voice :eek: ) and had an auction. Amazingly we managed to raise about $4000 for Kaleidoscope, so hats off to everyone who took part in making this event such a success.
    By the way, Andrew's mum won the tambourine with a bid of $670, so I think we all now what he's getting for Christmas ;)

Now on to the show......

Proceeded to make my way from The Premier to the 'tin shed'.
    6 months of hard work was about to come to fruition :) Went to the ticket booth to pick up my tix cos I was on the 'guest list'. Opened up the envelope to reveal 2 tickets.....sec 7?!?!?
    WTF!!!
    In all honestly I expected my seats to be a bit closer to the action, but I really didn't care all that much because I was at a NEWCASTLE Pearl Jam show.
    After nearly being 'sexually assaulted' by the security guard on the way in (didn't he know who I was ;) ) I proceeded to make my way to my seat.
    The Kings of Leon came on stage...I looked at the time....7.10!!! A smile crept on my face. This was going to be more special than I thought :)

Well KOL came and went (with Ed along the way) and we all waited for that magical sound that is Master/Slave. As I was waiting, I spotted MR going to his seat 2 rows in front of mine, so I yelled out to him and he came up and started chatting.
    "Wait till you hear the opening song"
    "Oceans?"
    "Nah, you'll never guess it, it's completely left-field"

About then, Master/Slave came on and MR went back to his seat. The crowd was buzzing as the guys came out onto the stage.
    The unmistakeable opening riff to Alive began, the Ent Cent erupted, I erupted, MR turned and gave me a cheeky grin.

I think everyone there that night knew we were in for something special when we got Alive as the opener, but I don't think anybody realised how special it was going to be.

I'll go song by song now :)

Alive - :eek: WTF!! Good crowd sing-along to open proceedings

Life Wasted - So glad to hear this for the 1st time (didn't get played at Sydney 1 & 3

Severed Hand - I absolutely love this song, and it was played very well

Save You - I was so glad to hear this song, a personal fave of mine

Insignificance - My favourite song off Binaural and I tell you now, the guys nailed it!!

Unemployable - Yet again another first for me. Sounded better live than in the studio

Brain of J. - Nearly came in my pants when I heard this song start. I was jumping around like a freak

Red Mosquito - :eek: OMG!!!! What's going on? This sounded excellent!!

Given To Fly - Another crowd fave. "Made It To Newcastle Had A Smoke In A Tree....."

Last Exit - Heard it the night before in Sydney, but yet again it didn't stop me from jumping around

Hail Hail - Another first for me. Finally got it 4th show lucky. Great song

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town - Fantastic sing-along part 1

Better Man - Part 2 of the sing-along. The crowd did well

Daughter / (War) - Part 3 of the sing-along. How good is War as a tag?!?! I saw it on the Showbox DVD, but never dreamed of experiencing it in person

Whipping - "Don't need a helmet....." My girlfriend wasn't impressed when I tapped her quite hard on the head for the next line :o

Leatherman - "WTF is going on with this show?" Was a fan of this song as soon as I heard it on the GTF single back in 98

Down - Another B-Side bonanza. One of my girlfriends fave songs, so it put a smile back on her face after the 'Whipping incident"

Do The Evolution - Another fan fave, and the place is rocking!!

Undone - HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!! Not many people around me knew the words so I was singing near enough by myself. What a song!!

Rearviewmirror - One of my all time favourite songs. I'll never get sick of hearing it. This version had an extended jam in the middle, as opposed to Sydney 1 & 2

ENCORE 1 - The noise was deafening around the Ent Cent. What else were we going to see???

Thumbing My Way - Haunting version dedicated to MR's beautiful wife Jenny

Masters of War - The opening riff sounded like the alternate intro to Porch, but then came the words I was not expecting to hear "Come You Masters Of War" :D:D:D:D

Footsteps - Brought back memories of high school. This song deserves to be heard a lot more than it does

Crown of Thorns - Dedicated to ME :D (and Andrew, and Mark) The first time this song has been played in Australia

Alone - :D:D:D:D Never thought i'd ever hear this song played live.

Even Flow - "Here's another one you wouldn't have heard before" :D

ENCORE 2 - I couldn't believe what I was witnessing!! This is EPIC

Corduroy - :D Cheeky!!

Fuckin' Up - The house lights came up during this excellent version :( The end?? NO :)

Rockin' In The Free World - Another crowd fave. One bloke ran to the front of the side sections and started to dance. Ed threw him a tambourine, but he was in a world of his own. The tambourine landed behind him and another bloke grabbed it :D

Yellow Ledbetter / (Little Wing) - A fantastic version followed by a awesome version of Little Wing

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many highlights!!!

Undone, Leatherman, Masters Of War, Crown Of Thorns, Alone.......

My highlight was Ed telling us petitioners to stand up, (that's after he scanned the crowd everywhere trying to find us. He eventually found us and mentioned our "shit seats") everyone giving us a round of applause and getting Crown Of Thorns dedicated to us :D
    This was after Ed said that he was going to read all 2200 odd names (he only read 13)

Another highlight was MR going onstage and Ed telling him that he had to "do something for us" because he got to write the setlist. MR then began to skull Ed's bottle of red wine (he did a good job for someone who doesn't drink :)) On his way off the stage MR grabbed the mic and yelled something along the lines of "this is the greatest fucking band in the world!!!" Never a truer word said. MR then began to do the "we are not worthy" (Wayne's World style) The whole crowd joined in :)

After the show I caught up with Zenith and her PJ virgin/slut friend ;) who didn't know the difference between Stone and Mike :) We waited around the back gates till midnight for the guys to leave but apparently they left straight after the show

In my posession now is a setlist made out personally to me from Ed, and signed by both Ed and MR. It's going to have pride of place on my wall for years to come :)

Thank you to everyone who supported our campaign/pre-show and made this one of the best shows ever!!!

I hope to see you all in 3 years time for the "Tri-Annual Mark Richards Newcastle Pearl Jam Show"
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Where do I start?
    Woke up around 7am (fucking tired after the drive home from Sydney 3) cos I had to go to a christening :(

Due to the fact I had to go to the christening I unfortunately couldn't get to the Premier till about 3.10 (sorry Andrew)
    What can I say about the pre-show? Fucking fantastic!! MR had dropped over the tambourine for the auction and he'd also donated some more stuff from his own collection (what a legend)
    Plenty of fun was had by all, and I got to meet some great and interesting people.
    During the course of the pre-show, we held raffles (what about Andrew's little sister's booming voice :eek: ) and had an auction. Amazingly we managed to raise about $4000 for Kaleidoscope, so hats off to everyone who took part in making this event such a success.
    By the way, Andrew's mum won the tambourine with a bid of $670, so I think we all now what he's getting for Christmas ;)

Now on to the show......

6 months of hard work was about to come to fruition :) Went to the ticket booth to pick up my tix cos I was on the 'guest list'. Opened up the envelope to reveal 2 tickets.....sec 7?!?!?
    WTF!!!
    In all honestly I expected my seats to be a bit closer to the action, but I really didn't care all that much because I was at a NEWCASTLE Pearl Jam show.
    After nearly being 'sexually assaulted' by the security guard on the way in (didn't he know who I was ;) ) I proceeded to make my way to my seat.
    The Kings of Leon came on stage...I looked at the time....7.10!!! A smile crept on my face. This was going to be more special than I thought :)

Well KOL came and went (with Ed along the way) and we all waited for that magical sound that is Master/Slave. As I was waiting, I spotted MR going to his seat 2 rows in front of mine, so I yelled out to him and he came up and started chatting.
    "Oceans?"

About then, Master/Slave came on and MR went back to his seat. The crowd was buzzing as the guys came out onto the stage.
    The unmistakeable opening riff to Alive began, the Ent Cent erupted, I erupted, MR turned and gave me a cheeky grin.

I think everyone there that night knew we were in for something special when we got Alive as the opener, but I don't think anybody realised how special it was going to be.

I'll go song by song now :)

Alive - :eek: WTF!! Good crowd sing-along to open proceedings

Life Wasted - So glad to hear this for the 1st time (didn't get played at Sydney 1 & 3

Insignificance - My favourite song off Binaural and I tell you now, the guys nailed it!!

Unemployable - Yet again another first for me. Sounded better live than in the studio

Brain of J. - Nearly came in my pants when I heard this song start. I was jumping around like a freak

Red Mosquito - :eek: OMG!!!! What's going on? This sounded excellent!!

Given To Fly - Another crowd fave. "Made It To Newcastle Had A Smoke In A Tree....."

Last Exit - Heard it the night before in Sydney, but yet again it didn't stop me from jumping around

Daughter / (War) - Part 3 of the sing-along. How good is War as a tag?!?! I saw it on the Showbox DVD, but never dreamed of experiencing it in person

Whipping - "Don't need a helmet....." My girlfriend wasn't impressed when I tapped her quite hard on the head for the next line :o

Leatherman - "WTF is going on with this show?" Was a fan of this song as soon as I heard it on the GTF single back in 98

Down - Another B-Side bonanza. One of my girlfriends fave songs, so it put a smile back on her face after the 'Whipping incident"

Undone - HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!! Not many people around me knew the words so I was singing near enough by myself. What a song!!

Rearviewmirror - One of my all time favourite songs. I'll never get sick of hearing it. This version had an extended jam in the middle, as opposed to Sydney 1 & 2

ENCORE 1 - The noise was deafening around the Ent Cent. What else were we going to see???

Masters of War - The opening riff sounded like the alternate intro to Porch, but then came the words I was not expecting to hear "Come You Masters Of War" :D:D:D:D

Footsteps - Brought back memories of high school. This song deserves to be heard a lot more than it does

Crown of Thorns - Dedicated to ME :D (and Andrew, and Mark) The first time this song has been played in Australia

Alone - :D:D:D:D Never thought i'd ever hear this song played live.

Even Flow - "Here's another one you wouldn't have heard before" :D

Corduroy - :D Cheeky!!

Fuckin' Up - The house lights came up during this excellent version :( The end?? NO :)

Rockin' In The Free World - Another crowd fave. One bloke ran to the front of the side sections and started to dance. Ed threw him a tambourine, but he was in a world of his own. The tambourine landed behind him and another bloke grabbed it :D

Yellow Ledbetter / (Little Wing) - A fantastic version followed by a awesome version of Little Wing

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many highlights!!!

My highlight was Ed telling us petitioners to stand up, (that's after he scanned the crowd everywhere trying to find us. He eventually found us and mentioned our "shit seats") everyone giving us a round of applause and getting Crown Of Thorns dedicated to us :D
    This was after Ed said that he was going to read all 2200 odd names (he only read 13)

Another highlight was MR going onstage and Ed telling him that he had to "do something for us" because he got to write the setlist. MR then began to skull Ed's bottle of red wine (he did a good job for someone who doesn't drink :)) On his way off the stage MR grabbed the mic and yelled something along the lines of "this is the greatest fucking band in the world!!!" Never a truer word said. MR then began to do the "we are not worthy" (Wayne's World style) The whole crowd joined in :)

After the show I caught up with Zenith and her PJ virgin/slut friend ;) who didn't know the difference between Stone and Mike :) We waited around the back gates till midnight for the guys to leave but apparently they left straight after the show

In my posession now is a setlist made out personally to me from Ed, and signed by both Ed and MR. It's going to have pride of place on my wall for years to come :)

Thank you to everyone who supported our campaign/pre-show and made this one of the best shows ever!!!

I hope to see you all in 3 years time for the "Tri-Annual Mark Richards Newcastle Pearl Jam Show"

ahh memories :D

Best night of my life and owe it all to you blokes ;)
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • Options
    ^ thankyou... awesome review!!! :D

LMAO hard @ the Whipping incident ;)

can't say it enough... congrats on getting the show :)
    wah
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    aus_suz wrote:
    I loved it when they did GTF and Ed said
    "made it to the castle had a smoke in a tree" Im sure thats what I heard or may have been "made it to Newcastle had a smoke in a tree"......:)
    either way It rocked.....:)

Newcastle. It was in eddie speak so it came out Nuuuucastle had a smoke in a tree.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Austicman wrote:
    Newcastle. It was in eddie speak so it came out Nuuuucastle had a smoke in a tree.

Ohh .. like Noocastle .. instead of Nyoocarstle?

It's funny because I was just thinking to myself the other day "I wonder how Ed pronounces Newcastle?" :)
  • Options
    u need to download divX player to see visuals... get it here

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

:)

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

Much PJ love ; )
  • Options
    One word...WOW

Newy 19/11/06 was my first Pear Jam concert (yes I am ashamed to admit it despite PJ having been my fave band ever since I can remember - no I don't get out much).

This is also my first time posting (am also looking at joining 10c asap - very envious of you all), saw this thread and had to have a say.

Speaking as a PJ concert virgin, yes I was still very aware at the time that what I was witnessing was monumental. Even up the back in the tiers (actually only a couple of rows up and right in the middle so can't complain too much could have been worse)

I still have a huge grin on my face and can talk of nothing but Pearl Jam, Ed, the concert, etc almost a week later, pre-purchased the bootleg as soon as I heard of it (having been watching your posts for a few days before building up the courage to add one myself) and have been checking every day to see if it's available for download.

Only regrets are that I missed out on the soundcheck and didn't even think to get a poster (quite upset), or check the beaches on Monday (had the day off too).

Thanks so much to those who petitioned and to Mark Richards for an awesome setlist, and of course to Ed and the band for being themselves.
    "It feels more like a party than a concert"
    19 Nov 2006 "Tri-Annual Newcastle Mark Richards Invitational!"
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    LedZepFan wrote:
    Does anybody realize that was only the SECOND FUCKING TIME THEY'VE PLAYED "UNDONE"!?! I'm so jealous, that's one of my favorite PJ tunes.
    That is what i just NOW came to the conclusion!!! I was at the Gorge when they played it the first time.....and then for no reason I looked it up to see if it was still the only time....and I see they busted it out again! Must have been a special show!!!
  • Options
    ahh memories :D

Best night of my life and owe it all to you blokes ;)

BLOG THIS PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:

Where do I start?
    Woke up around 7am (fucking tired after the drive home from Sydney 3) cos I had to go to a christening

During the course of the pre-show, we held raffles (what about Andrew's little sister's booming voice ) and had an auction. Amazingly we managed to raise about $4000 for Kaleidoscope, so hats off to everyone who took part in making this event such a success.
    By the way, Andrew's mum won the tambourine with a bid of $670, so I think we all now what he's getting for Christmas

Now on to the show......

6 months of hard work was about to come to fruition Went to the ticket booth to pick up my tix cos I was on the 'guest list'. Opened up the envelope to reveal 2 tickets.....sec 7?!?!?
    WTF!!!
    After nearly being 'sexually assaulted' by the security guard on the way in (didn't he know who I was ) I proceeded to make my way to my seat.
    The Kings of Leon came on stage...I looked at the time....7.10!!! A smile crept on my face. This was going to be more special than I thought

"Oceans?"

I'll go song by song now

Alive - WTF!! Good crowd sing-along to open proceedings

Red Mosquito - OMG!!!! What's going on? This sounded excellent!!

Whipping - "Don't need a helmet....." My girlfriend wasn't impressed when I tapped her quite hard on the head for the next line

Masters of War - The opening riff sounded like the alternate intro to Porch, but then came the words I was not expecting to hear "Come You Masters Of War"

Crown of Thorns - Dedicated to ME (and Andrew, and Mark) The first time this song has been played in Australia

Alone - Never thought i'd ever hear this song played live.

Even Flow - "Here's another one you wouldn't have heard before"

Corduroy - Cheeky!!

Fuckin' Up - The house lights came up during this excellent version The end?? NO

Rockin' In The Free World - Another crowd fave. One bloke ran to the front of the side sections and started to dance. Ed threw him a tambourine, but he was in a world of his own. The tambourine landed behind him and another bloke grabbed it

WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

So many highlights!!!

My highlight was Ed telling us petitioners to stand up, (that's after he scanned the crowd everywhere trying to find us. He eventually found us and mentioned our "shit seats") everyone giving us a round of applause and getting Crown Of Thorns dedicated to us

Another highlight was MR going onstage and Ed telling him that he had to "do something for us" because he got to write the setlist. MR then began to skull Ed's bottle of red wine (he did a good job for someone who doesn't drink ) On his way off the stage MR grabbed the mic and yelled something along the lines of "this is the greatest fucking band in the world!!!" Never a truer word said. MR then began to do the "we are not worthy" (Wayne's World style) The whole crowd joined in

After the show I caught up with Zenith and her PJ virgin/slut friend who didn't know the difference between Stone and Mike We waited around the back gates till midnight for the guys to leave but apparently they left straight after the show

In my posession now is a setlist made out personally to me from Ed, and signed by both Ed and MR. It's going to have pride of place on my wall for years to come

BLOG THIS PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    Masters Of War!! Undone!!!!!!
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    BLOG THIS PLEASE!!!

WHERE?
  • Options
    Was talking to the powers that be on this site bud.
  • Options
    Austicman wrote:
    Was talking to the powers that be on this site bud.

:o
    No worries ;)
  • Options
    lucky ducks...sounds like a fabulous gig...the poster looks excellent also...by chance would anyone be willing to part with their copy of the gig poster? hey nothing ventured nothing gained...i have a few pj gig posters i would be willing to offer in trade...pm me if interested. thanks and again you lucky ducks...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Hi all! Warning – Long long post.
    Just finished my Australian PJ tour, back at home collecting all my experiences and gathering courage to listen to all the bootlegs.
    One show, one special day that will be engraved in my mind for good as a sacred experience above all others is Newcastle.
    This amazing day started up with Zenith giving me and Gitta a great ride from Sydney – a trip which all ready made me feel pumped for the night's show, only I didn't know yet how high this day was going to take me…
    When we reached the town it was the middle of the day and we quickly realized there is nothing much to sit around for in the premier bar, so I joined this lovely couple and we went to the beach!

I had left my bush mask from the Athens concert at the party, and went straight to the tin-shed venue, only to have witnessed three loud and clear beautiful versions of Fatal during sound check. This was a song I really hoped to get live, and after they played it with only an aluminum partition hedged between us – I clapped and cheered as laud as I could to say thanks.
    While buying the gorgeous poster, I found out the mask I left for the party had raised 420$ and was sold to a lovely Melbournite girl who would put it to good use. It was an incredible feeling to know I could raise money for a worthy cause while showing up in Oz totally broke.

I then went to the back of the venue again only to find Boom mingling with a small group of fans, talking about everything from life and death to PJ, waves and winds and passing a joint around (I refused politely, had a big show ahead of me). Recovering from this most surreal meeting, I sat on the pavement collecting my thoughts and writing in my journal, when all of a sudden, a van goes by and a familiar yellow headed figure waves at me through the closed window. I was satisfied, and about to get up and go see KOL for the 9th time in my short life and be respectful to them as always.

While I was getting up and packing my journal, I notice this yellow smile gesturing to me to come forward over to the gate. No need to mention my heart stopped and things became a blur... I went over and smiled, and before I could mutter a word, Mike asks me with his sweet faint voice (contrast to his roaring guitar he tears so well every night) "So you are from Israel, right?" my gore just dropped as I was trying to find words, shocked that he not only recognizes me, but knows how far I've come from, "You're from Seattle, right?" I finally answered with a smile and looked into his eyes, such a familiar place for me this past hectic month... "I know 'cause in Athens you had that sign up" he said, "and I think you had a little flag with you once too" I couldn't believe the familiarity going on between us, being one of thousands under his feet every night, I felt so special for that one passing moment... I muttered something about pulling the flag out every time they play Insignificance as I always do, and passed him my journal for him to sign. By then a small crowd had gathered and we were no longer alone, but I still couldn't see anything but him so close in front of me, this incredible heart and soul guitarist who I admire so much on so many levels. "Where abouts in Israel are you from?" he asked and after answering Haifa, he asked me to spell it out slowly for him... a thing I still can't figure out 'cause he wasn't writing it any ware, but memorizing it for some reason... when I reminded him of the show he played in Jerusalem with Neil Young way back, we started discussing the fact they should come over as PJ and play a show, which he brought up and agreed should be done, by then, I suddenly realized why we weren't alone and what a commotion had started around us - Eddie Vedder, showed up and was there shaking hands for the past 3 minutes while attracting a crowd who were trying to touch the legend... he pushes Mike over, stands between us and offers me his black wave pick!... I was confused, I guess, took the pick and thanked him but went on looking for the eyes I was talking to before being interrupted... "looking forward to hearing your solos tonight" I managed to say to him, he thanked me and reiterated that he'll try his best not to let down the Israeli fans, "where is your last show?" he asked, I sadly replied Perth, already knowing that my heart would be broken, not being able to say goodbye to them in Hawaii... "Einat!! Great to see you again!!" was his message for me in my travel journal, now complete with the memory of my magical meeting...

The Newcastle show later on, was as you've all posted, a legendary one, with many many gifts to us freak fans from the band, but it defiantly counts as one of the best days in my life if not THE best, if only for being acknowledged by my favorite guitar player who I've been following religiously so far away from home. I was so happy meeting Mike I started the count down for the human wave on my own – which went on to sweep up the entire crowd! The audience around me on the floor rocked so hard! And cheers to the great guys next to me who handed me the pick Mike threw over to me, I'll cherish it forever!
    The overwhelming events didn't stop there when Mark Richards himself gave me a ride back to the hotel, and gave me a chance to thank him for a killer set-list.

Thank you Andrew Mark and Rob – for the highlight of my trip to Australia and best day of my life!!!
  • Options
    You rule dude!
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    My god.. I just got goose bumps all over after reading that. You're one very lucky lady Einat. :)
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,005
    E.K wrote:
    My god.. I just got goose bumps all over after reading that. You're one very lucky lady Einat. :)

ditto!
    thanks for sharing..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Einat that is just fuc*in awesome and thoroughly deserved
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Thanks people! I get goose bumps re-living it every day...
    I think we all deserve this kind of special meeting, we sure spend a lot of time and effort talking about them on here... right? :)

Now all we have left are the bootlegs - btw - Newcastle is the definitive bootleg to own if you're a freak!
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,005
    cheers to all you aussies..

This show is "one for the ages"..No doubt..!

The bootleg has not left the CD player in my car for some time..

Its sure to be referenced as one of the greats..

Congrats from Boston!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    einatshaul wrote:
    Thanks people! I get goose bumps re-living it every day...
    I think we all deserve this kind of special meeting, we sure spend a lot of time and effort talking about them on here... right? :)

Now all we have left are the bootlegs - btw - Newcastle is the definitive bootleg to own if you're a freak!

Being a newy local Im so very happy that my small town could hold a special place in your heart. Im so stoked for you. Thanks so much for your donation. your effort directly helps my 3 year old princess and your generosity touch's me very much. Its a real big deal for me. At the prs show I could hardly breath, both from exitement at the show about to begin and the giving and the great spirit of all there. you and all there that night are beautiful people
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Can't get enough...Crown of Thorns is amazing!
  • Options
    lilingerlilinger London, UK Posts: 475
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Can't get enough...Crown of Thorns is amazing!

Well, well...same here...I've been listening that for 2 months...just that one. All my mates think I'm crazy.
    But let me mention how amazing Masters of War is, too.
    Both of them make me feel...I don't know...rise and fall...or something like that.

So I'm singiiiiiiiiiiing... :D
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack