Options

Boston Hotels ???

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    edited February 2016
    )

Post edited by youngster on
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    my2hands said:

jxchamb1 said:

Going to the show on Friday and hoping to see a RedSox game on Saturday.

I heard the Brooklyn Dodgers are in town and Ted Williams is hitting cleanup
    And Pearl Jam is playing center field.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    We are considering Hilton Boston Back Bay. Wife always worried about clean hotels. Does anyone have any knowledge of the hotel? Or other suggestions for Hilton property??? For the Hilton points.
    I appreciate it gang!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    kcuf me said:

Its not just Ticketmaster with crazy fees. Over $100 in fees for the hotel. Went from $500 to $600 for 2 nights

It is a lot but that also includes all of the taxes, which is 14.4% in Boston. So $72 of the $100 is just paying the taxes and the Hotwire fee is the difference. When you book a hotel on line or directly you are quoted a rate that doesn't include the 14.4% taxes, which you pay when you check out. So all in all it's only a $28 Hotwire fee. Not really that bad IMO.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    jxchamb1 said:

kcuf me said:

Its not just Ticketmaster with crazy fees. Over $100 in fees for the hotel. Went from $500 to $600 for 2 nights

My hotel is charging me $35.00 for parking. WTF?! It hurts my brain to think that a place to park my car isn't included when I book a hotel room. What else are you doing with the parking lot??
    It sucks but is very common in many cities. It is usually included in vacation destination type hotels but not city-style hotels.
  • Options
    Booked direct through the hotel, not Hotwire.. I understand the fees. Just saying everyone takes there cut, not just Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    I was looking to stay with friends in Stoneham for the concerts (originally was mistaken they lived in Boston proper). Whats the public transportation like? I can't seem to find what time trains run until! We do not intend on having a car durign our stay. Any help would be appreciated! Just trying to figure out if I am better off booking an AirBnB closer to the park/attractions.
  • Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431

I was looking to stay with friends in Stoneham for the concerts (originally was mistaken they lived in Boston proper). Whats the public transportation like? I can't seem to find what time trains run until! We do not intend on having a car durign our stay. Any help would be appreciated! Just trying to figure out if I am better off booking an AirBnB closer to the park/attractions.

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/

Last train on the Lowell line, which I assume you would take is 11:30, so probably no chance on that for your ride home. But for a ride in its not bad, just go all the way to north station then hop right on the greenline to Fenway from there!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    Is it stupid to stay in Jamaica Plain?
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:

Likely. Public transit is great especially heading to and from Fenway. But you don't want to be on the Orange line after dark...stay as far from the Orange line as possible...trust me!
    This could be the day
  • Options

KP_McMinn said:

Likely. Public transit is great especially heading to and from Fenway. But you don't want to be on the Orange line after dark...stay as far from the Orange line as possible...trust me!
    To clarify, Jamaica Plain isn't far if you take the T, but you would have to take the Orange Line after the show, which you do not want to do!
    This could be the day
  • Options

KP_McMinn said:

To clarify, Jamaica Plain isn't far if you take the T, but you would have to take the Orange Line after the show, which you do not want to do!
    oh really? OK that helps. Why do i not want to take the Orange though? Is it because of the shady, hoodlums and thugs?
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:

KP_McMinn said:

oh really? OK that helps. Why do i not want to take the Orange though? Is it because of the shady, hoodlums and thugs?
    lol just read reviews of the orange line on YELP. Yea def sounds like the last place i woudl want to be at midnight. Could you give me a ride back to JAmaica plain after the show?
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633

AB

I might be able to help

I live 5 minutes from stoneham

Driving home both nights

Let me know
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    KP_McMinn said:

KP_McMinn said:

KP_McMinn said:

lol just read reviews of the orange line on YELP. Yea def sounds like the last place i woudl want to be at midnight. Could you give me a ride back to JAmaica plain after the show?
    Yea its just sketchy as hell. I have taken it a few times late at night and would not recommend it. Unfortunately I don't live near JP, so a ride from me is a no go!
    This could be the day
  • Options
    bert10486bert10486 Northern Ontario Posts: 57
    a5pj said:

I got the inn at longwood medical, nice quick walk to fenway, hotel looked pretty decent too.

See ya there!
    “Been to a few...” 

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I just looked up the orange line on yelp for fun... first picture is a shirtless dude sprawled out on the train taking a nap lol
  • Options
    hammahamma Posts: 88
    Jp is like a 10-15 uber from Fenway. Just wait a while after the show for the crowd to thin out
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    edited February 2016
    kcuf me said:

I'm joining the Boston Park Plaza party

Nice!!! Getting a good number of us over there!!
    Post edited by prljamgirl on
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Anyone have thoughts on Sheraton vs Hilton in Back Bay?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,906
    Suziemay said:

Been to meetings at both but never stayed in either. From my experience they are exactly what you would expect. Maybe a little older but nice enough. They are right across the street from each other and in a great location for Fenway.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Suziemay said:

Been to meetings at both but never stayed in either. From my experience they are exactly what you would expect. Maybe a little older but nice enough. They are right across the street from each other and in a great location for Fenway.
    Thanks! Debating between one of these or paying a bit more for the Commonwealth that's closer to Fenway. Hotels in Boston aren't cheap!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    Suziemay said:

My brother had his wedding reception at the Sheraton a few years ago and we stayed there for the weekend. We could see Fenway from our room although I wouldn't consider it close. It was very nice although the rooms were a bit on the small side like most older hotels in big cities. I think there is also a mall attached to the hotel if I remember correctly.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Suziemay said:

JimmyV said:

Suziemay said:

Thanks! Debating between one of these or paying a bit more for the Commonwealth that's closer to Fenway. Hotels in Boston aren't cheap!
    Join the commonwealth party if it's in the budget. Never stayed here but it's super close and heard great things. I lucked out and booked it before a 60% price increase.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    on2legs said:

Suziemay said:

My brother had his wedding reception at the Sheraton a few years ago and we stayed there for the weekend. We could see Fenway from our room although I wouldn't consider it close. It was very nice although the rooms were a bit on the small side like most older hotels in big cities. I think there is also a mall attached to the hotel if I remember correctly.
    Thanks! It looks to be under a mile from Fenway which is walkable for me. I try to stay at Starwood hotels when I can, although it does seem like a lot of money for what I'm getting. I do get early check-in/late check-out privileges which could come in handy!
  • Options

Suziemay said:

JimmyV said:

Suziemay said:

Join the commonwealth party if it's in the budget. Never stayed here but it's super close and heard great things. I lucked out and booked it before a 60% price increase.
    Considering... :)
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    Just booked the Hotel Commonwealth... It August yet? Lol
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 486
    Just booked the Doubletree Hilton in Bayside for $188 a night. There's a T stop nearby so shouldn't be too hard to get in and out of the city. Not sure what the area is like, but it gets decent enough reviews.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 486
    Anyone think hotels will actually come back down in price towards the summer after the initial rush/people canceling etc...
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    who's hosting the pool party?

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10