Greenville Roll Call

Comments

• Pulled the trigger. Here's hoping!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    I'm in California...thinking about it...either way I've got to travel. Have seen other concerts at Columbia and Raleigh in past, never done Greenville....maybe
  • Thinking about driving from Nashville, not sure if i want to do Bonnaroo. Isn't this also Record Store Day?
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    I'm doing Jacksonville Greenville Hampton Raleigh Columbia and Bonnaroo, possibly Fenway too
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Count me in. Talked my wife into it yesterday.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 895
    edited January 2016

I did the same thing! Using miles, I was going to fly into Charlotte and drive, but I see I can get from Charlotte to Greenville via smallish plane for the same amount of miles so I think I'll be able to fly right into Greenville to save a little drive time from Charlotte. Typically, flying into small cities is really expensive, but with miles, its all the same.
    Post edited by P-Town-P-Jam-Fan on
    Gorge
  • TonyBTonyB Posts: 114
    Driving in from Memphis. Can't wait for the show.
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    If any of you out of towners are into cars, specifically BMWs...the factory for all the X vehicles is here...they offer tours of the factory, recommend calling ahead. Hopefully, the tour is still of the stamping area and where the X5 is built...it is the most impressive. If you have big bucks they also have the M driving school. fyi.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
    I'm not from South Carolina but I live in Greenville. It is not what the rest of the country thinks of when they think SC(well, except for all the churches). Everybody that lives here pretty much loves it. I do and I think it deserves it. If I could get a picture with the band or a member of the band at the Falls Park bridge it would be the ultimate!

http://www.greenvilleeconomicdevelopment.com/rankings.php
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    Hotels: Best choice is hotel downtown. It is one of the most walkable downtowns in the country so if you can find a room there it is worth it. Hampton Inn, Courtyard, Hyatt, Westin are the main ones I can think of. Aloft is brand new and opening soon. Main street runs north to south. Arena is on the North side. Hyatt is pretty much across the street and Aloft would be second closest. Hampton, Westin, Courtyard are more south but still within walking distance to arena. All three are relatively close to Falls Park and the Reedy River (Hampton right on river).

There are also a lot of hotels just outside downtown along 385 and 85.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    edited January 2016
    If you are into cycling, George Hincapie, has a hotel/resort north of Greenville in Travelers Rest (about 20 mins north going toward Asheville). Asheville has a lot of hotels including the Biltmore but is about 45-60 mins north of Greenville. Asheville is little more "crunchy" resembling parts of the NW by population of homeless. Nevertheless, it is a pretty cool place. Greenville more cosmopolitan/international and clean.
    Post edited by mcrok on
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    Okay, trying for GA only for this show! My brother, my husband, and myself all are in the drawing praying for 3 GA tickets! Nothing else seems to work out for us work wise, so just putting in for this.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    edited January 2016

I did the same thing! Using miles, I was going to fly into Charlotte and drive, but I see I can get from Charlotte to Greenville via smallish plane for the same amount of miles so I think I'll be able to fly right into Greenville to save a little drive time from Charlotte. Typically, flying into small cities is really expensive, but with miles, its all the same.
    That's awesome. I'm lucky in that I only live two hours from Greenville but, even still, I have to present to my wife a plan of action when it comes to affording shows because she's become keen on the fact that it's not just the tickets but also the poster, shirt, sticker, etc. Pearl Jam seems to only announce tours when we're trying to buckle down financially.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    100 Pacer said:

mcrok said:

just a fyi..for those of you who plan on flying in from different states...if you can't find a flight into GSP or Asheville I recommend Charlotte over Atlanta. Much better traffic and drive time is less.

Unfortunately the flight times to Charlotte don't work for me, not to mention there's a stopover, so I opted for Atlanta. How bad is the traffic you mention ~12pm heading North to Greenville?
    It's an easy ride..straight shot up I-85
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I'm in. Driving from Charlotte. Hitting up Raleigh, Columbia, and Hampton too
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • mcrok said:

If you are into cycling, George Hincapie, has a hotel/resort north of Greenville in Travelers Rest (about 20 mins north going toward Asheville). Asheville has a lot of hotels including the Biltmore but is about 45-60 mins north of Greenville. Asheville is little more "crunchy" resembling parts of the NW by population of homeless. Nevertheless, it is a pretty cool place. Greenville more cosmopolitan/international and clean.

Really appreciate all these tips. I'm excited to visit a part of the country that I have never been to (outside of South Florida which I don't think is a representation of the true south). Since we are flying the red-eye and getting in really early, I think we'll head to Ashville for a few hours, have lunch and make our way to Greenville once we can actually check into our hotel on Friday. Restaurant and Bar/Brewery tips are also greatly appreciated!
    Gorge
  • lugnutlugnut Asheville Posts: 67
    In for Greenville, Raleigh, Cola. - from Asheville. PM me for Asheville tips. Lots to see in a short time. A friend's new place is not downtown but very close ... 'Smoky park supper club' it is on the river - worth seeing / made of all shipping containers. - check it out.

mcrok said:

Really appreciate all these tips. I'm excited to visit a part of the country that I have never been to (outside of South Florida which I don't think is a representation of the true south). Since we are flying the red-eye and getting in really early, I think we'll head to Ashville for a few hours, have lunch and make our way to Greenville once we can actually check into our hotel on Friday. Restaurant and Bar/Brewery tips are also greatly appreciated!
    Yup, no problem. A lot of breweries in Asheville. On your way back from Asheville about 20 minutes north of Greenville, in Travelers Rest, is this brewery:

http://www.theswamprabbitbrewery.com

This guy makes some really good beer...white ale is spectacular!
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    Meeting an old touring buddy out there for this one, not putting in for the lottery, just gonna grab a couple when they come up… I'm trying to make this April tour stress free..
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    SteffyLou said:

Okay, trying for GA only for this show! My brother, my husband, and myself all are in the drawing praying for 3 GA tickets! Nothing else seems to work out for us work wise, so just putting in for this.

You might get 6 tickets if you all win
  • SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369

SteffyLou said:

You might get 6 tickets if you all win
    That would be fine! I'm sure my sis in law would come then and we'd just give someone on here the other two .

We've been shut out every lotto so hoping this is our chance.

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Going to this one with my 2 brothers, their 2nd and 3rd shows! All 3 of us entered GA as our #1 choice, hopefully 1 or 2 of us can land it!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Attaway77 said:

Meeting an old touring buddy out there for this one, not putting in for the lottery, just gonna grab a couple when they come up… I'm trying to make this April tour stress free..

Nothing stressful about the lottery if you are okay with losing.
  • I am in for Greenville! Coming up from Athens.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Should I drive 12 hours for this show?

locals, feel free to talk me into it
  • LordGoofyLordGoofy Posts: 15
    edited January 2016
    I live here you so know I will be there. Going to hit this and Columbia. I was also there when they were the first real act to open the arena back in 1998.
    Post edited by LordGoofy on
    my2hands said:

Should I drive 12 hours for this show?

locals, feel free to talk me into it

I think I've given a lot of reasons to drive 12 hours. Read thru the thread. What about the possibility they play the entire binaural album in Greenville? You just never know, it is PJ after all.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    actually, I'm not sure if I want an entire album played anyway....i think it too much pressure and I think they are at their best when they are relaxed and loose (like everyone)
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    mcrok said:

actually, I'm not sure if I want an entire album played anyway....i think it too much pressure and I think they are at their best when they are relaxed and loose (like everyone)

Having experienced No Code in Moline, I would argue it's not that band is under any sort of pressure (because they were clearly relaxed and loose) it's that the band is conscious of the fact casual fans at a show may not enjoy the ebb and flow when an entire album is played rather than a typical PJ set where solid hits and anthems and recognizable material is played...if that makes sense.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    LordGoofy said:

I live here you so know I will be there. Going to hit this and Columbia. I was also there when they were the first real act to open the arena back in 1998.

what? you don't consider Janet Jackson real? :lol:
    i don't either.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2