• Options
    aubiejamaubiejam chelsea, al Posts: 95
    edited January 2016
    Is the Westin walking distance?

Or easy to walk?
    Post edited by aubiejam on
  • Options
    SL6005SL6005 Charlotte, NC Posts: 19
    Wife and I will be coming from Charlotte to Greenville. She wanted GA and we got it!
    1994 - Boston #1
    1996 - Randall's Island #1
    1998 - Camden #1, Camden #2
    2003 - Oklahoma City
    2008 - Columbia
    2013 - Charlotte, Seattle
    2016 - Greenville (the Vs. show!), Columbia, Fenway #1, Fenway #2
    2020 - Baltimore, Nashville
    2022 - Nashville
    2024 - Baltimore, Philly #1
  • Options

mcrok said:

If you are into cycling, George Hincapie, has a hotel/resort north of Greenville in Travelers Rest (about 20 mins north going toward Asheville). Asheville has a lot of hotels including the Biltmore but is about 45-60 mins north of Greenville. Asheville is little more "crunchy" resembling parts of the NW by population of homeless. Nevertheless, it is a pretty cool place. Greenville more cosmopolitan/international and clean.

Really appreciate all these tips. I'm excited to visit a part of the country that I have never been to (outside of South Florida which I don't think is a representation of the true south). Since we are flying the red-eye and getting in really early, I think we'll head to Ashville for a few hours, have lunch and make our way to Greenville once we can actually check into our hotel on Friday. Restaurant and Bar/Brewery tips are also greatly appreciated!
    Hit Oskar blues in Brevard. It's right outside of pisgah national forrest which is my favorite place. Sierra Nevada is in Mills River also. You could probably skip Asheville there's really not a whole lot to it just really crowded

mcrok said:

If you are into cycling, George Hincapie, has a hotel/resort north of Greenville in Travelers Rest (about 20 mins north going toward Asheville). Asheville has a lot of hotels including the Biltmore but is about 45-60 mins north of Greenville. Asheville is little more "crunchy" resembling parts of the NW by population of homeless. Nevertheless, it is a pretty cool place. Greenville more cosmopolitan/international and clean.

Really appreciate all these tips. I'm excited to visit a part of the country that I have never been to (outside of South Florida which I don't think is a representation of the true south). Since we are flying the red-eye and getting in really early, I think we'll head to Ashville for a few hours, have lunch and make our way to Greenville once we can actually check into our hotel on Friday. Restaurant and Bar/Brewery tips are also greatly appreciated!
    Hit Oskar blues in Brevard. It's right outside of pisgah national forrest which is my favorite place. Sierra Nevada is in Mills River also. You could probably skip Asheville there's really not a whole lot to it just really crowded

mcrok said:

I live in Asheville. Try Green man, wicked weed, catawba, Asheville brewery all located on the South slope. If time make trip out to Sierra Nevada.

That's nonsense. ;)

Actually te best beer places in Asheville (which is definitely a top 5 place for beer and te fact you can walk to many make sit close to #1) is:

1) wicked weed - hands down
    2) Funkatorium - 2nd WW location - if you like Spurs
    3) Burial - they have been killing it
    4) Greenman

A couple of other decent ones is One World (I think that's it's name) and hi-wire. Oh and for beer bars, Thirsty Monk (get the pint of bacon app).
    I would skip funkatorium, I don't like sour beers. Good list but add Asheville brewery
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113

mcrok said:

mcrok said:

mcrok said:

I live in Asheville. Try Green man, wicked weed, catawba, Asheville brewery all located on the South slope. If time make trip out to Sierra Nevada.

That's nonsense. ;)

Actually te best beer places in Asheville (which is definitely a top 5 place for beer and te fact you can walk to many make sit close to #1) is:

1) wicked weed - hands down
    2) Funkatorium - 2nd WW location - if you like Spurs
    3) Burial - they have been killing it
    4) Greenman

A couple of other decent ones is One World (I think that's it's name) and hi-wire. Oh and for beer bars, Thirsty Monk (get the pint of bacon app).
    I would skip funkatorium, I don't like sour beers. Good list but add Asheville brewery
    I did forget Asheville pizza....good call.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Won reserved. Excited for this show and making the trip from Iowa!
  • Options
    MedozK said:

MedozK said:

So, this will be my first time to Greenville. Any certain hotel that we should book, or is just staying downtown good enough?

I'd book something off main downtown it's a pretty cool street and falls park is awesome
    Ending up booking the Holiday Inn & Suites Downtown.
    I've never stayed there but you can walk everywhere you need to go from there
  • Options

Where in Iowa?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Where in Iowa?
    Marshalltown.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited January 2016
    Both my brother and I missed out on this one! I'm surprised and very bummed. Anybody have extras plz let us know! Otherwise we are going to try on ticketmaster but will also be trying to fill in some gaps in our MSG hopes. I'm afraid Greenville might sell out while we are trying (and likely failing) to get MSG night 1 tickets.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

Where in Iowa?
    Marshalltown.
    I lived in Iowa City from 2006-2013. Was pissed when i moved there (for work) and then pissed when I had to leave. Such an awesome town and Iowa is a great state overall!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    This is the show I'm looking forward to the most, and I put it as my number 1 choice. And I won it. Got reserved seats for the Gville! My first show I'll be attending this tour for the total four shows I won this go around. Thanks 10c for the seats for my 4 shows!
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JS122057JS122057 Knoxville, TN Posts: 16
    I'll be heading in to this one from Knoxville, TN! I am just stoked that the south/southeast is finally getting some shows!!
  • Options
    VeddersgirlatlVeddersgirlatl Atlanta Posts: 44
    edited January 2016
    Have spare Reserved ticket for Columbia and Raleigh.
    Looking to trade for spare single ticket to Grenville, SC or Hampton, VA
    Message if interested in trading.
    Thanks, Carrie
    Post edited by Veddersgirlatl on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I'm IN...
    Scored reserved tickets for all 4 SE US shows!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Looking for 1 GA for Greenville.... Have Columbia GA to trade
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    derbydave said:

I'm IN...

Congrats!
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    I have a Columbia GA for trade. Looking for Greenville GA. Thanks!
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    JS122057 said:

I'll be heading in to this one from Knoxville, TN! I am just stoked that the south/southeast is finally getting some shows!!

Hey! I'm also coming from Knoxville! You're the first person I've seen from K-town on the forums
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options

JS122057 said:

Hey! I'm also coming from Knoxville! You're the first person I've seen from K-town on the forums
    I graduated from UT, now live in Murfreesboro.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    In for reserved seats here and Raleigh.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    MedozK said:

derbydave said:

I'm IN...

Congrats!
    Are you doing any of these SE shows Kevin??
    I'd love to meet up if so!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    derbydave said:

MedozK said:

derbydave said:

I'm IN...

Congrats!
    Yes, got lucky with Greenville. Yes, would love to meet up.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

derbydave said:

MedozK said:

derbydave said:

I'm IN...

Congrats!
    Yes, got lucky with Greenville. Yes, would love to meet up.
    Good deal buddy...
    Looking forward to seeing you in Greenville!!

• Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    It's going to be interesting at the pre-party (assuming a lot of you are going), to match some faces with screen names
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    MedozK said:

JS122057 said:

I graduated from UT, now live in Murfreesboro.
    I didn't know that was a real place, I thought StrongBad made it up lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    looks like a good traveling contingent of fans for this one, should be fun
    Gorge
  • Options
    Got GA. Coming from Atlanta.
  • Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    Booked at aloft, pricey but what the hell
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited January 2016
    derbydave said:

I'm IN...

Congrats Dave!! My brother and I are hoping to luck out on TM on Friday for this one. We have other gaps to fill in for the msg shows too so hopefully this one won't sell out too quickly! Hope to see you and Ginger in Greenville!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    Coming from Dallas...won both of my choices, Greenville and Hampton, I'm so excited! I have a feeling Greenville is going to be a good one. Really looking forward to visiting the city as well, I'll have to do some research on cool historic places/interesting attractions to visit if I have time.